• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Preference City Builder or Constant Events

• Thread starter DeletedUser1036
  • Start date

Which do you prefer

• A city building game (only)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A city building game with the occasional event

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • A city building game that always has an event going on

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • An event game that just happens to have a city I can work on between events

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser1036

The main reason I joined Elevear was because it was unique in that there is no PVP fighting competition. That being aside I was very pleased with it being a city builder game because that is what I was looking for. Sure there are times it gets boring with the developers placing super long times on scout's, building upgrades, etc. So at first having the occasional event was welcome to break up the monotony.

To me as of late this game has become nothing but an event after event after event and has nothing to do with being a city builder game anymore so I have to ask to see if others feel the same way.

DeletedUser11447

good question! I'm torn....I like the builder aspect, I too joined because I didn't want to fight constantly. However, I do like the challenge of the events and being able to maybe acquire structures that are unique. BUT, the one thing I don't like about the last couple of events, is that some of the quest lines were ones that you had to spend an inordinate amount of resources on. For noobs, this proved most difficult.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It's a tough question to answer. Are we assuming that events like the upcoming FA are terribly flawed? If so, I'd like them to appear less frequently. If they were improved to be more engaging and contained quests that reward you for actually progressing your city (like upgrade building quests that are scaled to your tech progress) then bring em on non-stop.

For example:
Player is in chapter 6 and the quest is "upgrade a building to level 20 or research a tech"
vs
Player has unlocked dwarven residences and the quest is "Have at least X level 17 buildings or have Y level Z magic res"

The "gain a small amount of coins" quests are scaled based on your last Adv scouts tech unlocked, so there is no reason that quests can't be tied to another tech in the tree.

Just like the majority or mainline quests, the quests in an event should be to do something you would eventually do anyways, but at a slightly increased pace. Spend KP quests are a good example of this, and produce 97 beverages is not. A little bit of grinding is acceptable, but it should be rare.

DeletedUser2959

I also play because I don't have to pay $100s to protect my city only to have it wiped out anyway by someone who can afford to spend more than I can.
I like the events. I wish they wouldn't demand so many relics/encounters is all. I'm hitting the wall with 345 cleared provinces. And scouts take over 50 hours each now.

DeletedUser3507

Weird I am at 415 provinces with about the same scout time.

DeletedUser9247

A city building game with the occasional event is exactly what some of us have. If you prepare, you can do it in few days (or 1 day even :D oh yeah! <brag brag> :D) and then get increasingly impatient for moths for another one. Let's not kid our selfs - the city building aspect in this game is kindergarten level- no chain productions, no dependencies between population and productions, no army upkeep, no army demands like population, no diplomacy between fellowships, no trade routes...I could go on and on. If not for the events, I would've lost interest in the game out of sheer boredom.

DeletedUser5800

I think both! Stay with me here... What if the big (seasonal) events happened 4 times a year just as now, but the mini events were put into there own tab where you could opt in or not and repeat them!? They would probably have an expiration date like 90 days or something, but in that 90 days you could choose never to opt in and never see the quest on your screen OR opt in 23 times in a row and build one hell of a graveyard. FA are garbage and should be scrapped. I would also agree that the City Builder foundation could use some tweaks to make it a little less 'Kindergarten' like not being able to run neg. cult/pop. (even though I do it). :p

Edit: Afterthought: Or maybe they never expire and just become permanent optional Epic Quest!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Lord Draconian
I would have a hard time not abusing the heck out of that lol.
Every time I finished a guest race and had 12-15 empty expansions I would fill the space with level 1 buildings and crush those mini events 10-20x

So yes, I like your idea:)

DeletedUser5800

@Lord Draconian
I would have a hard time not abusing the heck out of that lol.
Every time I finished a guest race and had 12-15 empty expansions I would fill the space with level 1 buildings and crush those mini events 10-20x

So yes, I like your idea:)
Quick, take it back to your secret society and send a blood raven to the Dev's! (or whatever it is)
Seriously though, the numbers might need tweaked so that the 'Epic Quest' were a bit harder or shorter timed or with prizes only slightly better than the top chapter things or all of that... but wouldn't it be awesome anyway? People wouldn't all have to do them at the same time, newer players could still get older prizes, people could ignore or concentrate hard on it... I see no real downsides and all kinds of cool in that idea. :cool:

AND if the Dev's are watching: You could put a reverse timer on it so if you fail you have to wait 30 days to opt in again. Think of all the times people would be so close they would spend a little. ;);)

:eek:

edeba

I can't stand the increase in icky busy work. The Fellowship Adventure event is horrible and canning it the last time was the right thing to do and scheduling another without addressed player concerns is the absolute wrong thing to do.

I like the city building, the tournament and the quest events, but increasingly, the quest events seem preoccupied with how to make them "drudgery" quests.

It doesn't bother me to finish an event quickly and have time before the next event. I fail to understand why it bothers the developers to the point that they make the quests icky by increasing quests that just make players groan. The halloween quest was insane with the quest items. It actually wasn't that hard to fail to complete because of excessive stuff like 17 and then 23 encounters... Make the tournament encounters count with those kinds of numbers of encounters to complete.

I NEVER want events like the fellowship adventure. It is miss named because it isn't an adventure, it is the Fellowship Master of busy and drudgery work creation.

I have always spent money on games and developers seem to always come up with dumb ideas as the games mature, which turn the game into internet hogs that aren't much fun to play anymore.