• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Premium items to come with ability to store

edeba

Seriously, the game needs to be build that premium items can be stored, and actually should be stored rather than sold when using the sell button. This would prevent the unnecessary frustration of game players that actually spend money from accidentally misclicking and selling their premium item. Further, premium items are of higher value to players when players can switch them around a bit as needed. I think players are more likely to purchase more when they can store what they don't currently need knowing they can pull them out again later.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
should be stored rather than sold when using the sell button.
The developers have already stated several times, that any kind of storage would make the game too easy.
accidentally misclicking and selling their premium item.
Isn't there a confirmation window when selling premium buildings like on all other buildings?
I think players are more likely to purchase more when they can store what they don't currently need knowing they can pull them out again later.
I think the want players to replace old premium buildings with new ones, that's why they can't be upgraded.

Gath Of Baal

from accidentally misclicking and selling their premium item.

The little window pops up now that asks you something like, "are you sure you want to sell this item". 3 weeks or so ago I sold off 4 fountains of youth from my main city, and it asked me every time if I was sure I wanted to do this. I hated selling the fountains of youth, but they became obsolete a long time ago for anything other then cosmetic purposes. I want a giant snail palace, because I love how it looks, but I do not want to have to face the dilemma of having to sell it later down the road, so yep I do agree premium culture should be storable

edeba

Months ago I accidently sold a premium item about a month before I would have sold it to replace it and I was selling off stuff that all came with buttons to click. You can go on that there is a confirmation, but when I accidently did it, I didn't even notice I had done it until I went to move it and I didn't have it. People do go to the rote access of their brain when they are doing a number of repeat steps and that is what I was doing when I misclicked, or maybe a timer went off, but I lost the item in a series of steps that all had confirmations. With just marginally divided attention it is still extremely easy to accidentally sell off premium items, especially in the middle of rearranging when you are selling off other items. I thought I was selling another item.

Magic houses and workshops can be upgraded. Cultural items can not be upgraded and any good player will eventually sell them as they eventually become useless. I don't see the developers endearing the game to any player when items can be unintentionally sold. People respond by spending less.

It is called biting the hand that feeds you.

I make less purchases because of this.

SoggyShorts

So if we ignore the storage option (because they won't do it) then how would you like the accidental selling of buildings to be fixed?
2 confirmation windows? 3? a 4 digit pin? Thumbprint and retinal scan? At some point it becomes a little silly.

edeba

I think moving the confirmation box and including a picture would help. It definitely comes up as different that way and not in the sequence of the several repeat moves you just made. Make the box bigger, the button on the bottom left corner, and a cancel button in the standard place rather than it being able to happen without even realizing it because you just sold 6 buildings you intended to sell...

I think it is always a problem when you suggest that because it happened, there is something deficient in the person rather than the design, which really is how you are coming across, really quite unnecessarily insulting. I was selling several items and I didn't even notice I had sold a premium item. That's a problem and it isn't a problem with me, it is a problem design in that it can lost with a series of clicks in which I was systematically going through.

SoggyShorts

I'm sorry if I came across as insulting, I just disagree, that's all. If you moved the window, or the position of the button you'd still face the exact same issue. Eventually you would get used to the new position of the confirm button, and after deleting 6 buildings on purpose the 7th building would be the exact same series of clicks--poof premium building gone.
In my opinion the only fix that wouldn't make selling buildings overly tedious is to pay more attention to the pop-ups.

Do you want a special confirmation system just for selling premium buildings? I suppose that could work but really doesn't seem necessary. How often are you really selling buildings other than once every few months after an event is over? Programming a new interface for a problem that already has a built in solution seems like time that could be better spent on more needed features.

DeletedUser4778

Perhaps making the confirmation popup for selling a premium building different from selling other buildings like, say, a big red exclamation mark, would help. Since one can still click too fast, it would require 2 confirmations or OKs before the building is sold.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO SELL A PREMIUM BUILDING. YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING BACK IF YOU DO. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

YES, I WANT TO SELL IT.
NAH, I JUST CLICKED THIS BY MISTAKE.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO SELL A PREMIUM BUILDING FOR WHICH YOU WILL GET NOTHING BACK. ARE YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

YES, I'M REALLY SURE.
NOOOOOO! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER! I DON'T WANNA SELL OUT!

DeletedUser6335

@Draconomicon - Nooooo...a small briefcase pops up on screen, you click to open it -it glows an almost blindingly bright gold from within and then a window pops up asking you if you are *sure* you want to do this and warns you someone may come after you to break your knees if you do it! Yippee kiyo kayah!! :p

edeba

The problem with the premium confirmation is that it IS identical to if you were selling another building. It would be stupid to move the position for selling the non-premium buildings and to suggest what you are suggesting entirely missed the point. You make the actual selling of the paid for premium buildings different than selling other buildings so it does happen because of misclicking, and you just described totally how it happens.

I'm sorry if I came across as insulting, I just disagree, that's all. If you moved the window, or the position of the button you'd still face the exact same issue. Eventually you would get used to the new position of the confirm button, and after deleting 6 buildings on purpose the 7th building would be the exact same series of clicks--poof premium building gone.
In my opinion the only fix that wouldn't make selling buildings overly tedious is to pay more attention to the pop-ups.

I really like my idea that if you click in the same place that would come up if you were selling a few you get a cancel and have to try again...

Perhaps making the confirmation popup for selling a premium building different from selling other buildings like, say, a big red exclamation mark, would help. Since one can still click too fast, it would require 2 confirmations or OKs before the building is sold.

WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO SELL A PREMIUM BUILDING. YOU WILL NOT GET ANYTHING BACK IF YOU DO. ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

YES, I WANT TO SELL IT.
NAH, I JUST CLICKED THIS BY MISTAKE.

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING: YOU ARE ABOUT TO SELL A PREMIUM BUILDING FOR WHICH YOU WILL GET NOTHING BACK. ARE YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS?

YES, I'M REALLY SURE.
NOOOOOO! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER! I DON'T WANNA SELL OUT!

SoggyShorts

and to suggest what you are suggesting entirely missed the point

Did you read the second paragraph in my post?

"Do you want a special confirmation system just for selling premium buildings? I suppose that could work but really doesn't seem necessary. How often are you really selling buildings other than once every few months after an event is over? Programming a new interface for a problem that already has a built in solution seems like time that could be better spent on more needed features."