• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Preparation for future chapters

• Thread starter Deleted User - 849402856
  • Start date

Iyapo1

Do you have a chapter 3 design where a level 8 GA is better than residences?
Not that I can find. I know that I came onto the forum and did a happy dance when it became worth its footprint but cant find the post to save my life. I did find this one on my chapter 3 city...So maybe I had a few too many manufactories...(that's not a thing!)
I have a chapter 3 city. I have 16 t1 manufactories, 5 t2s, 1 t3.

Edit: Found it...I was in chapter 4 and it was level 9
"I am not knocking the Golden Abyss. I planted one in my city as fast as I could. I am in chapter 4 and it is at level 9. I love it! I just loved it less when it was at level 8."

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Iyapo1 how long were you in chapters 3&4?
I could be mistaken, but I feel like you were one of the players who chose to take months for those instead of weeks.
If so, then that explains why you had so many expansions, and factories so that you were able to get your working pop high enough to make the GA worthwhile. (after investing significant KP)
I did have you specifically in mind when I wrote
for many players
and
unless you are planning on staying in chapter 4 for many months
:)

Last edited:

Iyapo1

@Iyapo1 you are my hero! Let's hope I have the patience you did.
Good luck with that, it is harder than it should be, the tech tree calls to me! I am lingering in chapter 7 now. I put all my expiring goods buildings out(in the space I need for orcs) so I really am going to linger here for months. Wonderifying mediocre wonders and building up little stacks of stuff!

Zebruh

The training time calculator can help players find the right ratio of barracks:armories:needles
www.tinyurl.com/trainingcalc

Thanks for making something like this! I can see how it would be very useful. Though, the training time isn't matching up with my actual training time when I enter in my info. When I enter my numbers down the green column (lvl 8 Bar, lvl 9 Arm, 3 Arms, 0 Shrewdy, 1 Needles, 0 Bulwark, 204 SS), it says my training time is almost 12 hours, but I'm actually seeing only a 7 hour training time when my Barracks is fully queued up. Is this catered to Humans? Or am I doing something wrong?

SoggyShorts

Thanks for making something like this! I can see how it would be very useful. Though, the training time isn't matching up with my actual training time when I enter in my info. When I enter my numbers down the green column (lvl 8 Bar, lvl 9 Arm, 3 Arms, 0 Shrewdy, 1 Needles, 0 Bulwark, 204 SS), it says my training time is almost 12 hours, but I'm actually seeing only a 7 hour training time when my Barracks is fully queued up. Is this catered to Humans? Or am I doing something wrong?
Hmmm I'm looking and it must be buggy. My gut says that it has something to do with only having 4 slots instead of 5 but my self-taught excel ability was even worse 5 years ago and I can barely follow wth I did making that calc.

Last edited:

Zebruh

Hmmm I'm looking and it must be buggy. My gut says that it has something to do with only having 4 slots instead of 5 but my self-taught excel ability was even worse 5 years ago and I can barely follow wth I did making that calc.
Oh interesting, there used to be 5 slots for the Barracks? You can tell I'm fairly new to the game given my building levels :)

SoggyShorts

Oh interesting, there used to be 5 slots for the Barracks? You can tell I'm fairly new to the game given my building levels :)
Once your barracks is level 9 you unlock a 5th slot
What's the exact total time if you freshly queue all 4 slots from empty? Maybe I can troubleshoot the calc
If you have 1 slot about to finish and fill the rest up your number will be lower than the max

Zebruh

Once your barracks is level 9 you unlock a 5th slot
What's the exact total time if you freshly queue all 4 slots from empty? Maybe I can troubleshoot the calc
If you have 1 slot about to finish and fill the rest up your number will be lower than the max
7 hours 11 minutes exactly for 4 slots of 99 Light Meles. I'm looking at the calculations steps as well. Looks like the base training time for the Barracks is incorrect. For my lvl 8 Barracks, it says it would upgrade from 11 to 13 if I leveled it up to 9. But your calc shows lvl 8 having a 9 base training speed. That took me far too long to spot haha

Edit: I also needed to adjust formula in cell F21 to reference the training slot number in cell L25, rather than have a hard coded "5". Still, the calc is off by around 40 minutes... hmmmm

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Dear all,

I am writing to ask about what I can do to be better prepared for future chapters. I am currently in early Chapter 3, and I feel I am currently producing enough coins/supplies/goods for catering. I can finish the 5 - 6ish tournaments that I have to complete each week, and also during my first spire experience this week I could make it to near the end of High Halls.

Therefore, I want to do some preparations for future chapters when I can. Based on my reading of some posts, I think I can
- Build some Orc Nests to begin accumulating Orcs
- Build some Grounds of Orcs Strategists to get some Orcs Strategists (I am human, and I heard human heavy melee isn't so good).
- Build Moonstone Library to begin accumulating spell fragments and combining catalysts. With the SF and CC, I can in turn begin crafting pet foods, military temporary buildings, or anything else that might turn out useful in the future (please suggest).

Below are what I have already been doing:
- Trying to level the ancient wonders (currently leveling Golden Abyss, and planning to build the needles as soon as possible)
- Trying to get some fire phoenix artifacts from the current event and the upcoming fellowship adventure

What would you recommend me do? Any suggestion will be welcome. Regarding my playstyle, currently I usually cater/negotiate, but in the future I would like to mainly fight and cater occasionally when that is more efficient.

Thanks in advance!

My best advise would be to look only 1 chapter ahead and not more.
This would be the most enjoyable experience, and would not make your game too complicated.
If you start looking at the challenges ahead 1 chapter at the time you have plenty of time to pre-adjust without the drawbacks.

Deleted User - 849402856

@CrazyWizard

Thanks for the advice. I really like the advice that I need to focus more on enjoying the game rather than trying to look ahead too far. It's just not so easy to put that into practice. For example, currently in Ch3 I mostly cater, but at the same time I have been focusing very hard on collecting Ashen phoenix artifacts and CCs to craft fire phoenix artifacts. Most likely I won't even use the fire phoenix until I reach Ch6~7 and begin fighting more often. Still, I will keep in mind that I should focus more on simply enjoying the game :)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@CrazyWizard

Thanks for the advice. I really like the advice that I need to focus more on enjoying the game rather than trying to look ahead too far. It's just not so easy to put that into practice. For example, currently in Ch3 I mostly cater, but at the same time I have been focusing very hard on collecting Ashen phoenix artifacts and CCs to craft fire phoenix artifacts. Most likely I won't even use the fire phoenix until I reach Ch6~7 and begin fighting more often. Still, I will keep in mind that I should focus more on simply enjoying the game :)

Fire phoenix is indeed a very nice building to have, one way or the other, but this is not really bound specifically to chapter 3 vs 6.
Its a generic awesome building, it's also an outlier.
The bast part of it, is that because it is an outlier the building keeps returning every year. so even if you miss out today, you'll get more opportunities in the future.

The exception should not become the rule.

Gladiola

From what I've seen a fully evolved fire phoenix becomes more awesome after chapter 6 when it gives portal profits. Which is not to say it is not awesome now. I have managed to craft 2 phoenix artifacts so far this event and may end up with 4 or 5. Here's hoping they come back to the spire before I hit chapter 6.

Pyrgo

Yes! I lingered in Fairies for months too! It’s the prettiest chapter. It helps to avoid the tech tree when the next chapter involves shoveling poop.
I am dreading leaving Fairies. IRL I have an oversensitive reaction to malodorous, unpleasant things and so much I hear about orcs leads me to believe that I will not be happy with the new chapter, no matter what other challenges it may pose.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Whatever you do, don't do what I did and disenchant portal profits for spell fragments. Huge mistake. Treat the portal profits like gold; you'll love them starting in chapter 6.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am dreading leaving Fairies. IRL I have an oversensitive reaction to malodorous, unpleasant things and so much I hear about orcs leads me to believe that I will not be happy with the new chapter, no matter what other challenges it may pose.
Just portal profit your way through it and get to wood elves. You'll love that one.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Whatever you do, don't do what I did and disenchant portal profits for spell fragments. Huge mistake. Treat the portal profits like gold; you'll love them starting in chapter 6.

Player not in chapter 6 yet can no longer do that anyway, because the Spire gives those players coin rains instead, I am pretty sure. Not sure if the events do the same thing, though.