• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

ekarat

Just to make sure people don't see me as agreeing with everything, I wanted to say that I'm disappointed that the "PAY XXX" quests were removed. Anything in their place inherently will be much more time-consuming.

I'd already prepped for this event, and now I'm concerned if I will have time to finish before I leave town, partway through the event.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Just to make sure people don't see me as agreeing with everything, I wanted to say that I'm disappointed that the "PAY XXX" quests were removed. Anything in their place inherently will be much more time-consuming.

I'd already prepped for this event, and now I'm concerned if I will have time to finish before I leave town, partway through the event.
They weren't removed, they were just changed slightly. Unless something happened on Beta? Happily, we now get something for what we pay (instants) instead of throwing them in a black hole.

DeletedUser3220

I'm not in this game to progress as fast as I can. I'm here for the long haul and have fun doing it. No way am I going to build non-boost factories. We have it on our Overview...Boosted Factories Only! Not changing now for a building that gives mana, even if it is suppose to be better than we can purchase. 4x7.. really? That's a lot of space and an odd size. No thanks, you can keep it! Enjoy the day, everyone!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm not in this game to progress as fast as I can. I'm here for the long haul and have fun doing it. No way am I going to build non-boost factories. We have it on our Overview...Boosted Factories Only! Not changing now for a building that gives mana, even if it is suppose to be better than we can purchase. 4x7.. really? That's a lot of space and an odd size. No thanks, you can keep it! Enjoy the day, everyone!
Just to be clear, the prize is 4x3, and the prize for the next quest is 4x4. I only brought up the 4x7 shape because it is the same as a grape farm.

DeletedUser1016

4x7.. really? That's a lot of space and an odd size
Just so folks clearly understand, there are two [2] buildings, one for each part of the new event. 4x7 is a total space for the first building at 4x3 and then second event building that is 4x4. I agree that the two buildings are a lot of space, but individually they are nice sizes, especially compared to the last event's grand prizes [5x5 & 6x4]. At this point, for me, anything that produces mana I'm going for. Both these buildings combined are a lot better then anything I can earn free -

DeletedUser1016

On another thread I read that this might have been postponed?

DeletedUser1390

- The events are optional, of course you are free to ignore them if you don't like them.
- It takes about one minute and 2-4 squares to build a lvl 1 non-boosted factory. Many people already build a bunch of little factories or workshops to fulfill the production quests in other events, it's no different if they're non-boosted, and you only need a few of them.
- If you don't have room to fit the prize buildings, you can save them until you do.

The Unbeliever

Seeing as my cities are Ch6 & Ch5, these rewards are rank poo in terms of usefulness.

However, I still plan to do the event, because I'm obviously silly enough to keep hoping that Inno will one day give us a Renovation Kit item to upgrade our old event buildings.
(and yes, I know what 'hope' is the first step towards and all... ;) )

DeletedUser4220

Oh my god!!! 1-minute time reduction rewards. It will take 2 minutes to apply them. Thanks, no. I will INSTANTLY delete those as soon as I get them. That is why the are called instants. Or maybe because they instantly make no difference after you apply them.
My shortest build/upgrade times in Ch 11 are about 16 hours. The worst timers offered should start as 4-hours (to make a difference with upgrades) and the better one should be 1-day or 2-day so they can make a difference with scouting. Anything bellow 1-hour is a complete trash and waist of our time (unless you are in chs 1-3).
ALTERNATIVELY: In order to be of value to all chapters, the time reduction instants should offer 20%, 30%, 40% and 50% time reduction of the upgrade or the scout times to feel that your reward make any difference.

DeletedUser7686

I am at a complete loss aa to what use the minutes time reducing instants are good for. Perhaps we collect hundreds of them?

WolfSinger

okay they finally posted the official announcement and it says the event should start at 6am CST. Well it's now 630 MST - that means it's 730 CST - where's the event?

DeletedUser8752

I admit, the 1min reduction doesn't send a thrill through me, but if they are relatively easy and plentiful to obtain, then I'll probably find a whole bunch of them useful. I'm not willing to rule them out till I have a chance to see how they might be useful. Just because I can't immediately see it's usefulness doesn't mean that it won't prove useful at some point.

My biggest drawback about this quest is that, in order to get my town where it needs to be for orcs I had to get rid of my pop/culture so i'm currently negative pop until I can get my houses upgraded. No tier 1 factories for me of any type.

BUT I see why they did it. I mean some of us (haven't been on forums long enough to say a majority, half, what not) have had no problems building a few level ones of our boosted in order to fly through the events. *shrugs* why not throw in a few we won't want to build as well.

Edit: spelling

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
okay they finally posted the official announcement and it says the event should start at 6am CST. Well it's now 630 MST - that means it's 730 CST - where's the event?
To be pedantic, it's currently 6:45 CST/ 7:45 CDT (One of those pesky CSTers who don't do daylight savings)

It's still pushing an hour late....

DeletedUser8847

Just like afraid. Event starts one knowledge point's use and then second is 450 marble!

I DON'T HAVE stored it for some event, I need it to release Dryad from research because you have felt that we need obstacles, you put 200 of everything from tier 1 to that so how am I supposely do that Dryad thing and pay to event 450 marbles?

Plus soon comes tournament.
That masquerade event is as good as gone from my game