• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prepare for the Masquerade!

DeletedUser1036

Guess I'll ask the question no one else is asking. In the description at my level the 1st main prize gives Mana and the "Requirements" are 10s and a 4x3 space but it makes no mention of it having to be connected to a street?

Does this mean you can place it anywhere and it still give's Mana?

BambiThumper

The 'taxes' quests in the last special event (herds) were just too much, I quit the quest, i play to have fun, not get stressed trying to keep up...
--The Masquerade has a couple of the quests that need items from non-boosted goods. I no longer have these buildings; in fact, I thought it was recommended by the game to produce boosteds, encouraging trades. This feels like going backwards, usurping space that is difficult and expensive to come by if I do build to complete the quests, too. It just doesn't makes sense to me that some of the quests being so extreme that 'only 13 quests' which actually will also take extra time to do, isn't such a small amount of quests to get done....
--I will really need to see if the prizes are worth it for the level i am on; for some, it may be great, but the last special-Herds...was overwhelming and expensive as far as goods, supplies, and such, am currently working at the beginning of Ch6 and paying out goods as if everything has already been upgraded and i can make goods all day long...
--All players being at different levels, and each play a bit differently, so although not speaking for everyone; I do feel these two points, the 'taxes' and items from non boosted factories many longer have may not just be an issue that i disagree with....
--all this being said; I really enjoy this game and just won't do the special events if I can't afford to do them the way they are set up at this time...thank you for listening!
Have a great day!

I completely agree...I almost don't even want to start it. I have already paid so many good :( I thought they were going to make it easier than herds. Having only 13 means nothing to me

DeletedUser3821

I had reservations, but after learning the Devs listened to the feedback given from the Herds quest, I started this event. So far, it's a breeze, but I'm only on quest #5 and have to wait because I didn't prepare a PoP spell ahead of time. I still have minor reservations regarding the non-boosted requests, but won't really know how I feel about them until I get there. It's odd to request something so contrary to what we've been told to do previously, and the space for these manufactories will be a challenge, as I'm in Woodelves at the moment.

DeletedUser3602

I'm glad they listened to the beta players and changed the 1 day tier 1 quest to just 1 time. Now we only have to build 1 factory of each non boosted good. And the Grand prizes aren't that bad, are they? I read somewhere (I think it was Soggy who did the math) that they are better than a Weeping Willow or an Arcane Library and smaller. In short, I'm going for it.

DeletedUser9064

Is there a list somewhere that tells what each of the first 13 quests require for this event? I can't find one listed and it seems that many players already know what they are. How can we "prepare" for this event? If it is like the "Herds" event requiring mass quantities of resources I don't even want to bother. It takes too long to gather the materials I need for expansion and I can't waste the materials on the chance of getting one building. Thanks.

DeletedUser8187

I haven't been around for a while. I didn't see the old quest line. I was looking at the gamers gem quest info. Not sure if the info on quest 11 got cut off, but this one looks pretty easy. I didn't see anything about having to build the non boosted goods.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I haven't been around for a while. I didn't see the old quest line. I was looking at the gamers gem quest info. Not sure if the info on quest 11 got cut off, but his one looks pretty easy. I didn't see anything about having to build the non boosted goods.
Per the previous, they are in the middle of re-doing it this morning because it changed over night.

DeletedUser3602

I haven't been around for a while. I didn't see the old quest line. I was looking at the gamers gem quest info. Not sure if the info on quest 11 got cut off, but this one looks pretty easy. I didn't see anything about having to build the non boosted goods.

You will still have to build your 2 non boosted factories to produce all 3 of the Tier 1 goods. They only changed the amount of times you have to do it for #11 and #12.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
BUT I see why they did it. I mean some of us (haven't been on forums long enough to say a majority, half, what not) have had no problems building a few level ones of our boosted in order to fly through the events. *shrugs* why not throw in a few we won't want to build as well.
The problem is that we teach new players why going "boosted only" is better for their city, and part of that is letting them know that they will never ever need to have non-boosted in their cities. Now this is no longer true.
Does this mean you can place it anywhere and it still give's Mana?
Nope, still needs a road.

DeletedUser4616

Having fallen behind in the main quests, and now being in dwarves trying to catch up on the main quests fast, (while realizing that since I already have a lvl 2 dwarvian portal that I'll have to tear it down and rebuild it and re-upgrade it to lvl 2 to meet the non-declinable quest - just about has me ready to quit.
I already had a level 2 dwarvan portal and didn't have to tear it down and rebuild it. I got immediate credit for having it.

DeletedUser8752

The problem is that we teach new players why going "boosted only" is better for their city, and part of that is letting them know that they will never ever need to have non-boosted in their cities. Now this is no longer true.

Which I also understand. I'm not thrilled about it. But in comparison to the pay it out quests of the Herd event, I don't mind building a lvl 1 non-boosted for the event only to delete it later

DeletedUser1016