• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Preparing for the Silk Tournament

qaccy

@Nomar83111
So is the website as a whole mainly intended as a 'help guide' for novice players? That's mainly what I was asking about, in particular with my last question: Not necessarily factors relating directly to battle, but the player as a whole. For example, not recommending Rangers as a unit to use against mages because they're so far along the research tree could be one of the 'factors' I'm assuming here. However, don't forget that it's entirely possible for a player to be a 'novice' fighter even if they're completely finished with the research tree. But even if that's the case and they merely auto battle when they do fight, it's still true that if they have access to them, Rangers are probably better to use against mage units than their standard Barracks archers and a note about them should be included. That's not necessarily 'advanced' information, at least not in my opinion! It's just something for a much later stage of the game.

All that being said, thanks for your reply :)

DeletedUser4790

So is the website as a whole mainly intended as a 'help guide' for novice players?

The website is intended as a helpful guide for all players. The fighting section that we have worked on so far, is intended to simplify fighting for the novice fighters and average players who don't want all the overwhelming details that make any fighting guide too complicated to grasp. The players looking for a quick pick that tells them which fighters can dominate most of the enemies in this weeks tournament.

Rangers are probably better to use against mage units than their standard Barracks archers

Probably for some fights but less than likely for most. By the time the Ranger is unlocked in chapter 9, both races have researched the level 3 standard Barracks Light Ranged units. The level 3 Archers and Crossbowmen both have a stronger attack and stronger defense than the Rangers, and they both have the ability to cast spells.

For Elves, the Elite Archers are actually better vs Mage units than the Rangers. They have a basic attack of 16-20 and a basic defense of 68, with a 90% attack bonus vs Mage units and a spell that will reduce the enemies defense by 20% for 2 rounds. The Ranger has a basic attack of 12-20, a basic defense of 46, with an 80% attack and defense bonus vs Mage units, and he doesn't cast spells.

For Humans, the Master Crossbowmen has a basic attack of 15-19, a basic defense of 70, an attack bonus of 60% and a defense bonus of 30% vs Mage units, and a spell that reduces the enemies attack by 20% for 2 rounds. The extra 20% attack bonus and the extra 50% defense bonus that the Ranger has over the Master Crossbowmen is more than made up for, with the Crossbowmen's higher basic attack and defense and with his "Numb Shot" spell.

Another important factor to consider is that at that point it's extremely rare to find encounters featuring only Mage units, and that because of their higher basic attack, defense, and spells, both the Elite Archers and Master Crossbowmen will perform better than the Rangers against any other present enemy units. This is especially true in provinces which also feature Heavy Melee units and enemy Light Ranged units along with the Mages.

That's not necessarily 'advanced' information, at least not in my opinion!

It really isn't but it can be overwhelming for the players who just want to pick five fighters, win fights and save some goods. :)