• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Preparing for the Silk Tournament

DeletedUser7370

I would tend to recommend training banshees more than sorceress. The reason being that banshees are specialized HR killers and in fights with high numbers of steinlings the banshees will clear the field with fewer casualties than the sorceresses. They should be used in all fights with more than one third steinlings and less than one third wild archers.

I would suggest using 5 squads of cerberus on encounters that are up to one third steinlings. This is because the steinlings have only a +50 damage to light melee. The cerberus can close rapidly often allowing them to surround a steinling and kill before even getting hit.

I have effectively used both and auto-fight through round 6 of early provinces, but later provinces will require manual fighting for some fights at earlier rounds.

DeletedUser4790

I would tend to recommend training banshees more than sorceress. The reason being that banshees are specialized HR killers and in fights with high numbers of steinlings the banshees will clear the field with fewer casualties than the sorceresses. They should be used in all fights with more than one third steinlings and less than one third wild archers.

I agree, but these guides and videos are meant to simplify fighting for all those players who become frustrated and think that fighting is too hard or too complicated. There are many great fighting guides in this forum, but the average player is overwhelmed by all the advanced details.

Yes the Banshees are better than the Sorceresses vs Heavy Melee Units, but at what point and under what circumstances?

The Bud Sorceress which can be unlocked at the end of chapter 7 is better than the Banshee I, and it is not until the middle of chapter 10 when the Banshee 2 is unlocked, that the Banshee becomes just a little more powerful than the Sorceress. Not to mention that the Sorceress's Broken Valor spell still gives her a 20% advantage over the Banshee's 80% defense bonus vs the Heavy Melee units.

Feeling overwhelmed yet?

We can add to that, that the Sorceress will do better in fights where you can expect to be hit more often by the enemies, while the Banshee will do better in fights where you'll be doing most of the hitting.

I fight every fight that gives me a challenge several times with different combinations of fighters, and I have never won a fight with Banshees and lost it with Sorceresses. The results go both ways depending on the other enemies and the conditions of the terrain.

DeletedUser7370

Feeling overwhelmed yet?
Not at all. I am well acquainted with most of the intricacies of the fighting system, and have worked at simplifying it for myself as much as possible.

I think that anyone that has gotten far enough to have 3 star units and paid attention to any of the fighting guides knows when to and when not favor the specialized units. For everyone else that is in early chapter 6 or before, it is worth mentioning that the banshee will be a better choice for many of these fights. And that 'everyone else that is in early chapter 6 or before' is the bulk of your audience.

DeletedUser4790

And that 'everyone else that is in early chapter 6 or before' is the bulk of your audience.

Not at all. You'd be surprised at how may players in the later chapters want to fight and save their goods, but don't want to deal with the intricacies of the fighting system. All they want to do is pick 5 fighters and win. Those who want to break down the fighting system will search the wiki and the forums.

The "feeling overwhelmed yet" wasn't meant for you, it was meant as a new fighters perspective of all that information, which is overwhelming and what we are trying to avoid. I'm not disagreeing with you, in fact, we appreciate your comment and we're sure your advice will help many players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9975

I'm still relatively new to Elvenar, so thank you for your detailed troop information. It is appreciated. I may potentially be in my first top 100 ranking for a tournament. What are the tournament points for, for those who rank in the top 100?

Orchid Brooke

DeletedUser4790

info is good y have music? not into hearing the music would like the info

Thank you. We're glad to hear you found the information helpful. We understand that not everyone will enjoy the music, but the music is added to make the video a little more fun and not as boring as it would be with just the info. There are a total of 9 of these videos, 1 for each province, and even with different music, they start to feel a little repetitive. We do however appreciate the feedback and will take it into consideration for future videos. :)

qaccy

@Nomar83111
Would it be possible to incorporate more than just the most basic units in these videos/guides? Battling isn't the only way to progress through tournaments of course, but I think some more notes could be added where appropriate. For example, Orc Strategists and Rangers tend to fare better than their counterparts due to having superior stats, bonuses, or both (Orc Strategists maybe only applicable to Humans, as Mortars are pretty underwhelming). Of course, they're also researched much later. What this leads to is a question: What factors are considered when making unit recommendations for these battles?

Last edited:

DeletedUser4790

Would it be possible to incorporate more than just the most basic units in these videos/guides?

We are working on a section for advanced fighters that will cover all of that, including a side by side comparison of each fighter type at each of their levels.
These are geared more towards the novice fighters that just want a quick "who to use against who" "what goods to store" and "what fighters to train" without all the overwhelming details that come with stats and attack and defense bonuses. The players who just want to win some fights and save a few goods.
Players who are interested in learning all of fighting's intricate details can find most of that information in the Wiki and here in the forum in Mykan's excellent fighting guide.

What factors are considered when making unit recommendations for these battles?

Unit's strengths and weaknesses are the most important factors considered.