• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prizes

Shanubi

Maybe this would be best as 2 posts, but I feel like they're related.
1) There really aught to be Brackets based on fellowships ranking score. Winners of each bracket should be awarded the top prizes. It's hardly fair to have fellowships in the 10k range competing against fellowships with scores in the Millions.
1a) Event Prizes need some work. Some have been amazing, others are duds. The Fellowship Adventure is complicated, most of us are strangers, an enticing incentive would be lend welcome motivation. The value of the chest prizes is weak.
2) Tournament rewards, Fellowship Adventure rewards, etc, should likewise be awarded based on contribution. EX: if I contribute 800 points to a tournament and someone else contributes 30 but they get the same reward they have no incentive to do more. Yes, I know all the common answers and solutions, how it comes down to each fellowship to decide how to handle it, ect. What I'm suggesting is that INNO could/should play a roll in motivating players to get more excited about playing by incentivizing active gameplay and teamwork.
Rewards are more effective motivators than consequences.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The 3 prizes are pretty much guaranteed to go to top 10 FS, and the rest are incredibly pathetic after an event like Eldrasil.
I think they should scrap the competition aspect of it and award Fellowships more prizes based on their own achievements, not how well they do against the top 1%.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Since the FA's are apparently intended to be a permanent FS activity, I was surprised to see a reward system set up so differently from the one in the tournaments.
I was both surprised and disappointed. This is the one aspect of the game where your own achievements and that of your FS don't matter. There is absolutely no amount of time, effort, or even diamonds that can get a prize for all of the top 4 fellowships let alone everyone else.

We had a thread about this last time
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/should-winning-fa-prizes-be-a-competition.13224/

There's a lot of bickering between breann and I, but worth a read imo

Last edited:

Shanubi

If the chest rewards were better I might look past how unfair the setup is, but the prizes are weak. Put in an insane amount of effort, coordinate with strangers in multiple timezones who all play at different paces, build workshops and lvl 1 goods bldgs you don't want or need...all for less than 100 culture/supplies per square and a few windfalls. Meh. It's sorta laughable really. Especially. right after Eldrasil's

DeletedUser8946

Doing this FA is like swimming the Channel, getting to the other side and being handed a little sheet of rough toilet paper instead of a comfy blanket & warm, soft towel. ugh ... Yeah we can say we did it, it was a challenge, but who are we fooling here?

I like this description of it.