• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Problem with stringing buildings together

Gandelf

I now have 2 endless scrolls, a gum tree, and a very recently-acquired mana tree. I expected that when I put the mana tree into the string, it would increase the output of everything. But it didn't. Why is that?
I first strung them together so that the 2 scrolls--which take up 2 spaces each--were offset by 1, with the gum tree in the corner touching them both. This increased the output of all 3. I put the mana tree into the other corner, touching both the scrolls and connected through the scrolls (both of them) to the gum tree. It acted like there was no gum tree, giving me the increased output on the mana tree that it should get for only 2 buildings. Then I moved it up onto the other side of the gum tree, so that the gum tree is now connecting it to both scrolls. Still no difference. It's like there are only 2 buildings, when in fact there are 3 different ones.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Set buildings are only boosted by two faces of unique buildings touching each other. The scrolls touching each other does nothing. Your best output at the moment would be having the two scrolls placed one square apart, with the other two sandwiched in between them, touching each other. Then the two scroll will each have a gum and and a manna touching them, and the mana and gum will each have a scroll and the other (gum/mana) touching them. Like this (remembering that at least one of the four buildings has to touch a road.:

1575228146769.png

Gandelf

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realise it was 2 faces, I thought they just had to be strung together--although I did know the 2 scrolls didn't count double. (I was going to try the layout you suggested, but it would mean moving one of my scrolls more than halfway through its production, and I decided not to experiment.)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I tend to move them right after they produce. Because they don't have to be touching all the time, they just have be touching by the time you collect them.

Gandelf

That's good to know too. (But if they're not touching, they produce less, and I didn't know I was going to get another part of the set.)
If I'd known about the 2 faces thing, I'd have set up the original set that way. I thought about it, in fact, but didn't realise it would be necessary.

Ah well, it's a game, and if it takes me an extra 4 days to get __, I'll somehow survive.

Gandelf

Ok, I now have them set up so that the scroll is touching both the mana tree and the gum tree. It shows that it is producing the number of scrolls that I expected, and also the picture of the spell fragments is lit up. But I can't see where it's actually producing the spell fragments, or how I would collect them?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Ok, I now have them set up so that the scroll is touching both the mana tree and the gum tree. It shows that it is producing the number of scrolls that I expected, and also the picture of the spell fragments is lit up. But I can't see where it's actually producing the spell fragments, or how I would collect them?
It should have the standard 24 hour countdown timer, and when it finishes there should be a collect icon floating above the building, as with any other building that produces.

Gandelf

It should have the standard 24 hour countdown timer, and when it finishes there should be a collect icon floating above the building, as with any other building that produces.
That's what I thought, but the only timer I see is for the scrolls. (I haven't had a pick-up since I got it set up, so I don't know if the timer that only shows scrolls is actually working for both scrolls and spell fragments.)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
From what I've seen (and I think this applies to all set bldgs/link bonuses): the one timer on the pop-up is for collection of everything the bldg produces. The base production without a link bonus is shown just above the timer bar (for this bldg, scrolls). The bonus productions that are lit are below the timer bar(+scrolls; +SF's; +SF's for this bldg) and will be available along with the base production. The only icon that will appear above the bldg when production completes is that of the base production, so all you will see is the scrolls icon. When you collect, you will see everything that is lit (in this case, scrolls and SF's) floating up in the collection bubbles.