1. Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team
    Dismiss Notice

Problems for all newcomers creating cities.

Discussion in 'Battle Help' started by wizardmckinley, Mar 23, 2017.

1. samidodamage

samidodamage Member

So, completing Advanced Scouts definitely reduces scouting costs in un-scouted provinces. That reduction in scouting costs is reflected in lower costs for negotiating and fighting within those un-scouted provinces. Those lower costs may or may not be sufficient to trigger a change in the difficulty rating. Activating a Squad Upgrade tech may or may not be sufficient to trigger a change in the difficulty rating and affects both scouted and un-scouted provinces. The range for this change may depend on the number of provinces scouted and/or progress through the research tree. With 90 provinces completed and 10 scouted/uncompleted when unlocking Squad Upgrade 15; all techs in the tree completed to that point and no techs completed past that point: all scouted and un-scouted provinces triggered a change -1 difficulty level.
    Does that about sum up what we know so far?

2. TedGrau

TedGrau Well-Known Member

Yes. The reported difficulty is based entirely on some ratio of province squad size and player squad size. So an 'easy' province could be unwinnable if you don't have the right type of troops even though you have a good squad size advantage.

samidodamage likes this.
  3. kayleegrrl

kayleegrrl Well-Known Member

Since the introduction of the new battlesystem (well not new anymore) took place last year, I shifted my focus to get all my cities within the GZ. Moving forward I only scouted the minimum amount of provinces required to unlock the next chest for the advance scouts. I always wanted to maintain the ability to fight and it worked quite well for me. With this latest update to the provinces that shows us a general difficulty levle, I realized that I could go beyond the minimum, by a lot....

So I started frantically scouting because every single province said it was very easy, that is true. I was able to enter the S&D chapter with around 10 over the number required to unlock the chest. Due to scouting further, some of those provinces shifted to easy, however, they have always been winnable. Here is where I am at now at conquered provinces:

[​IMG]

Every single encounter on my world map has always been fought - never negotiated.. Most of them have been flawless victories, which means I expend almost 0 military to advance further:

[​IMG]

In fact, they are so easy I can take in forces that are no good against any of the opponents and still win with nearly a flawless:

[​IMG]

Doesn't matter, I win with whatever I want to win with...

I have so many very easy provinces that they are even stacked. Here is a very easy scouted Steel Province and the one right after is STILL very easy.

[​IMG]

Here is the rest of what my world map looks like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see that is 34 very easy, 13 easy and only 1 medium province available for me to conquer.

I agree, there is a problem with this game, it called balance. The devs have no idea what that is. As you progress, the game should get harder, not easier.. I have a chapter 4 city that has nothing but very hard provinces, why do I struggle there when I can do whatever I want at the end of the game???

Aramina likes this.
  4. TedGrau

TedGrau Well-Known Member

The turning point is right around dwarves. I was province locked on my way into dwarves because I would lose 2 squads per encounter. Leaving dwarves, I had 7 'easy' provinces to finish and lost about 1 squad for every 3 encounters. The reason the balance fails after that point is because the size of each ring grows and the most significant increases in difficulty occurs with entering the next ring, but the required provinces go 100, 130, 160, 190, 220, and 250. By the time you get to chapter 10, the difficulty is now 2 rings behind. If the devs wanted to balance it properly then they would make all the units available during chapter 1, and the chest unlocking requirements would match the totals for each ring out; meaning you would have to do ring 1 (6) to move to chapter 2, then ring 2 (12) for chapter 3, ring 3 (24), etc. They would also have to shift the squad size upgrades to better match the rings. As it is I am glad to now be in the easy zone with a barracks that can crank my troops up to 100 squads of everything while I conquer the world.

Aramina likes this.
  5. Night Star

Night Star New Member

How are you in 2 FS's? I didn't know you could join more than one.

6. samidodamage

samidodamage Member

My guess: plays in 2 worlds

mucksterme likes this.
  7. VanguardCatchnar

VanguardCatchnar Member

to win battles is to upgrade your Amory the more you upgrade it and its troop holder building you will see a better chance to win battles but it does have a lot to do with completing your tree where you get new troop levels too otherwise just pay for the completion of each battle but no real win.

8. Freia

Freia Member

Well I am not sure about that Armory but to WizardMcKinley, you can try fight as long as you can before catering/Negotiating. Battles are fun I agree, but if you have overwhelming strong army ahead, then it's better negotiate.

But, like all in the game, it is your choise. You can always ask help or advice, but you are the one who makes decision. Please make it so that it benefits your happiness to play the game.

There are armies that come against with so much power that it feels impossible to win.
    Maybe some can win them with fight, but some don't.
    There should be more easier armies upagainst than there is right now, it started very soon in the game - we call it unfair armies to fight and when you research one being more to troops (just few days ago it was Dryad for me), and when players troops size grow, opponents troops size grows in the same time.

Yes, there should be more easier fights to those that haven't been playing Elvenar long enough.
    Also there should be little easier way to update buildings too!

I you have armories. 3-4 like I have seen that many has, updating them eats population dry very soon.

This all culture/population/update problem should be some solution that is easier than it is now.
    It is no fun that workshops takes so much pop that you have to start to build residence. Even in town that is crowded since we are not having too much free space. Research gives good enough but not necessary enough new expansions. Other way is to complete as much provinces as you need to get extra expsnsions. Third way is to buy it with diamonds but like other things in life, so it is in this that appetite grows by eating, now it is 3000 diamonds, other is to open new provinces 5 of them more and then battle with them or negotiate with them.

Then it is spoken about too long scouts. Well in my map there is NOT near any province open. All of them are some distance away being from hard to very hard. Not good aspect I admit. And not easy at all!

I don't know. I hate scount next province already. But of course I understand that this game goes harder all the time. Stick's and stones don't hurt me but overgrown unfair opponent does. And in those cases I give up fighting when difference is over 100 units. ??

I don't believe that even dozen armories could fix that fact in any way

But I like the game

SA.png

9. mucksterme

mucksterme Well-Known Member

Neither upgrading your armory or barracks affect your fighting ability.
    It only affects the number of troops you can train at one time, and the speed in training.

To make your troops better fighters you need to research squad upgrades and the upgrades for individual units.
    Also as you progress there are AWs that can increase health of all troops or the stats of certain troop types.