• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Producing Military Units

When I started Elvenar, I could produce a great deal of Military Units, while at the same time regularly be fighting in Provinces and the Spire Of Eternity.
Now, I'm always producing Military Units, and hardly using them, but I have so few. My Barracks, Training Grounds and Armories are Leveled up to the max. So what's the issue here?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Regarding Spire/tourney...the more mandatory techs you unlock, the more plots you put down, and the more wonders you build/upgrade, then the more troops are used in each encounter and therefore, the more dead troops that need replacing. Of all of those variables, wonders will hurt the least and techs will hurt the most.

The actual difficulty is going to depend on how far you are willing to climb on Spire and how deep into tourney you choose to go. You will also face more promoted level enemies as you chapter and climb further up Spire/dig deeper into tourney provinces. The 3* enemies will be throwing all sorts of buffs and debuffs in an encounter. If you chapter too fast without building up a foundation to offset these factors, fighting/catering will get away from you. Buffing your troops with expiring buildings, Fire Phoenix, and buff wonders can also save troops by ending the fight faster. If it takes less rounds to complete an encounter, your troops take less rounds of retaliation. The caveat is the first 5 provinces of tourney and 1st segment of Gateway will always be easy because you will always have a numbers advantage regardless of what you build in your city, how many plots you’ve used, or what chapter you are in (how many techs you’ve unlocked).

Map Province encounters are dependent on how far the province is from your city and squad size still I believe. I pay less attention to those as they have been too hard due to over-expansion so I’ve had to cater, or too easy now bc I stopped expanding and only do them on event quests. I tend to cater them all out of old habit from over-expansion days.

Flashfyre

As you research each advance in Squad Size, the troops you see in your Barracks get smaller, because your inventory is in squads, not actual troops. And as each Squad Size research increases the number of troops necessary to fill 1 squad, you need to produce more troops in your Barracks/Training Grounds/Mercenary buildings to increase the number of squads you have for fighting. This is helped by having a number of Armories (3 to 4 is a good number), each of which should be max leveled, as they will increase your troops production amount.

This will also increase the squad sizes you have to fight against, as you move higher in the Spire/further in the Tourney. So you'll need AWs and things like Phoenixes to boost your troops fighting capability to combat the increases.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
When I started Elvenar, I could produce a great deal of Military Units, while at the same time regularly be fighting in Provinces and the Spire Of Eternity.
Now, I'm always producing Military Units, and hardly using them, but I have so few. My Barracks, Training Grounds and Armories are Leveled up to the max. So what's the issue here?
As Flash said, your squad levels go way down the higher up you go, but that's because there's more troops per squad.

On the down side, Crackie is right that you need a whole lot more troops to fight in the later fights, because every time you get better, the enemies get better too (or at least most of the time). And I really don't think Inno should penalize you for having wonders and doing squad upgrades. Why should the enemy get stronger just because you work hard to get stronger? Not fair, but I live with it.

One thing I've noticed in the spire. My little ID has a lot less problem making it to the high levels. The higher ID has more "stuff" but it takes so much more "stuff" that I'd have been better off if I'd stayed in Wood Elves forever.

As Flash said, your squad levels go way down the higher up you go, but that's because there's more troops per squad.

On the down side, Crackie is right that you need a whole lot more troops to fight in the later fights, because every time you get better, the enemies get better too (or at least most of the time). And I really don't think Inno should penalize you for having wonders and doing squad upgrades. Why should the enemy get stronger just because you work hard to get stronger? Not fair, but I live with it.

One thing I've noticed in the spire. My little ID has a lot less problem making it to the high levels. The higher ID has more "stuff" but it takes so much more "stuff" that I'd have been better off if I'd stayed in Wood Elves forever.

Your "little ID"? Wood Elves?
So there's a way to get higher up in the Spire Of Eternity?

Regarding Spire/tourney...the more mandatory techs you unlock, the more plots you put down, and the more wonders you build/upgrade, then the more troops are used in each encounter and therefore, the more dead troops that need replacing. Of all of those variables, wonders will hurt the least and techs will hurt the most.

The actual difficulty is going to depend on how far you are willing to climb on Spire and how deep into tourney you choose to go. You will also face more promoted level enemies as you chapter and climb further up Spire/dig deeper into tourney provinces. The 3* enemies will be throwing all sorts of buffs and debuffs in an encounter. If you chapter too fast without building up a foundation to offset these factors, fighting/catering will get away from you. Buffing your troops with expiring buildings, Fire Phoenix, and buff wonders can also save troops by ending the fight faster. If it takes less rounds to complete an encounter, your troops take less rounds of retaliation. The caveat is the first 5 provinces of tourney and 1st segment of Gateway will always be easy because you will always have a numbers advantage regardless of what you build in your city, how many plots you’ve used, or what chapter you are in (how many techs you’ve unlocked).

Map Province encounters are dependent on how far the province is from your city and squad size still I believe. I pay less attention to those as they have been too hard due to over-expansion so I’ve had to cater, or too easy now bc I stopped expanding and only do them on event quests. I tend to cater them all out of old habit from over-expansion days.

You said "if it takes less rounds to complete an Encounter". What do you mean? All of my fights have been one round. I choose my Units and press Fight, that's it.

As you research each advance in Squad Size, the troops you see in your Barracks get smaller, because your inventory is in squads, not actual troops. And as each Squad Size research increases the number of troops necessary to fill 1 squad, you need to produce more troops in your Barracks/Training Grounds/Mercenary buildings to increase the number of squads you have for fighting. This is helped by having a number of Armories (3 to 4 is a good number), each of which should be max leveled, as they will increase your troops production amount.

This will also increase the squad sizes you have to fight against, as you move higher in the Spire/further in the Tourney. So you'll need AWs and things like Phoenixes to boost your troops fighting capability to combat the increases.

I have 3 Armories now. Which Ancient Wonders would I need, and which Phoenixes should I look out for in the Magic Academy?

Flashfyre

I have 3 Armories now. Which Ancient Wonders would I need, and which Phoenixes should I look out for in the Magic Academy?

To start with:
Needles of Tempest (shortens Barracks training speed, increases Lt Ranged damage)
Martial Monastery (troops Health bonus)

Once you get through the first couple of guest races, you'll need to build some or all of the following:
Dwarven Bulwark (increases training size, produces Lt Melee units)
Heroes Forge (produces Orcs that you need to make Orc troops, and increases Heavy Melee damage)
Shrine of the Shroody Shrooms (increases training speed, produces Lt Ranged units)
Flying Academy (increases Merc Camp training speed, produces Mages)
Temple of the Toads (increases Hvy Ranged damage, produces Hvy Ranged units)

Now, as for Phoenixes and other Pets, the Fire Phoenix boosts damage for all units, the Brown Bear increases unit output from the training buildings. These are the only 2 Pets I know of, but there are usually event-specific buildings that can produce troops, as well as certain craftable things like Grounds of the Orc Strategist (that produce Orc Strategists) and the various expiring units (Magnificent Mage Multiplier is one) that boost your fighting results.

Darielle

Your "little ID"? Wood Elves?
So there's a way to get higher up in the Spire Of Eternity?
Yes, Wood Elves is my little ID, and I can get to the top on push weeks without much difficulty, although I usually just make it to Froggie the rest of the time to make it easy on myself. The Spire is a piece of cake there. It takes almost no effort to beat froggie, and is very doable all the way to the top.

On my higher ID, Traders of Unur, it's sometimes a chore just making it to froggie, and although I always do that, I lose a heck of a lot more troops/goods in a combination of fighting/negotiating. If I want to go to the top on that ID, I put out at least 6-7 five-day fighting buildings just so I don't destroy my whole army. It's tons easier with the Wood Elves ID.

Darielle

You said "if it takes less rounds to complete an Encounter". What do you mean? All of my fights have been one round. I choose my Units and press Fight, that's it.
The spire guardian doors take two rounds of fighting. The spire bosses (the ones at the doors to the new levels, and the one at the very top) take 3 rounds of fighting.

crackie

The encounters are the same whether you autofight or manual fight. You just don't see it play out on autofights. There is a battle board where each side starts lined up on opposite sides. The initiative number determines the order of which troops go when. They keep going until one side runs out of troops. The side with troops still left wins. Hence, if you are able to kill them faster, the enemy is not around to take another shot at you. For example, if you win in 3 rounds instead of 6 from feeding a level 10 Fire Phoenix, you take 3 less rounds of retaliation. That means you will end with less dead troops.

Huor

If you ever want to see what goes on behind the curtains, start the fight in the browser, select your troops as you would in the app, click on manual, and then at the bottom left, click the icon that looks like a sword. That will start auto mode so you can watch what happens! You will find yourself yelling at your troops "don't move over there!", "don't attack that one, attack the other one!", "oh my god, what was that!", and so on. You'll be a manual fighter in no time. lol.

One interesting thing about my example you'll notice, based on the enemies first move (and the terrain), my troop order is wrong. You'll learn to hit the surrender button so you can correct things like that. I always have a finger on the surrender button! lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-10 4.44.29 PM-1.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-04-10 4.44.29 PM-1.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:

crackie

Lol @Huor
You forgot: You passed and him sit there? And that one? Why???? OMG I can't watch anymore.
Lately, there are still cameos of..."Why is there a popup promoting stuff in the middle of my battle???!" followed by "NO NO NOOoOooOOoo, DON'T GO THERE!!!" bc you tried to click off the popup and sent your troops to a nowhere tile.

To start with:
Needles of Tempest (shortens Barracks training speed, increases Lt Ranged damage)
Martial Monastery (troops Health bonus)

Once you get through the first couple of guest races, you'll need to build some or all of the following:
Dwarven Bulwark (increases training size, produces Lt Melee units)
Heroes Forge (produces Orcs that you need to make Orc troops, and increases Heavy Melee damage)
Shrine of the Shroody Shrooms (increases training speed, produces Lt Ranged units)
Flying Academy (increases Merc Camp training speed, produces Mages)
Temple of the Toads (increases Hvy Ranged damage, produces Hvy Ranged units)

Now, as for Phoenixes and other Pets, the Fire Phoenix boosts damage for all units, the Brown Bear increases unit output from the training buildings. These are the only 2 Pets I know of, but there are usually event-specific buildings that can produce troops, as well as certain craftable things like Grounds of the Orc Strategist (that produce Orc Strategists) and the various expiring units (Magnificent Mage Multiplier is one) that boost your fighting results.

I have Needle Of Tempest and a Grounds Of The Orc Strategist.