• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Production penalties for low population and low culture

LutherTheHairy

What are the good and supplies production penalties if culture falls below the 100% level?

What about if my population falls (say, I take down some houses to make room for the bigger ones at the next level?)

Thanks

Deleted User - 4646370

The only consequences of negative population/culture is that you can't do anything that requires it (so this also means you can't build temporary L1 buildings for events if negative pop.) Outside of this, there are no downsides. There's no "culture malus" for negative culture. You can also still build buildings that don't require population or culture (e.g. guest race settlements.)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Lower culture bonus will make fewer coins and supplies. Culture has no effect on goods production. I don't think you can go below the 'base' production of coins/supplies.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
sorry I wasn't specific enough in my response to put in the word bonus or to specify which productions were affected.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
sorry I wasn't specific enough in my response to put in the word bonus or to specify which productions were affected.
I don't think there was anything wrong with leaving out "bonus," The clarification is Goods vs Supplies. Goods production is not affected by culture (No bonus, and no penalty). Supply production is affected by culture (Bonus if any, no penalty). That might not be clear to someone with less experience.