• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Production time on L1 workshop is wrong

michmarc

Beverages take 5 minutes to make. However, it is showing up at 2 minutes this morning in level 1 workshops. Other levels are still correctly 5 minutes.

1611082642040.png

(Khelonar, Elves, v1.120.3-(4f91063) - html5 (2021-01-18 13:10))

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
This was changed in update 1.120. Level 1 workshops take 2 minutes for the beverages production, level 2 take 3 minutes and level 4 take 5 minutes. This will hopefully help new players to catch up a bit with established players.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I did not notice this change until this morning. It is now REALLY easy to produce Dwarven Brewery badges if you have a decent number of level 1 workshops in your city. With only a 2 minute cycle time on beverages, it is now so easy to make them that I wonder if there is any point in this badge anymore.

michmarc

It also is a regression towards creating slum cities for events. Most of the other FA/event changes seemed focused toward discouraging very large array of L1 buildings, but this goes back to actively encouraging them again.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
this goes back to actively encouraging them again.
I don't think it encourages the lvl 1 farms any more than making 5 min beverages did. It was so tedious to make 50 beverages with less than 50 WS that I always opted for a huge farm (tried for 100 WS). So far this time, I'm using 50 WS, but after I stock up on statues and necklaces with my 86 lvl 1 T1 factories, I'll probably switch those out for more WS. That's mostly for the blacksmiths that take one day to make, but I will crank out some brewers before re-setting smiths. I did the same thing when it took 5 min to make them.
Note: I'm neither for nor against slum cities: whatever the most efficient means I can find to make the most badges is what I'll do. This was made much easier with the introduction of teleport spells.

Iyapo1

other FA/event changes seemed focused toward discouraging very large array of L1 buildings, but this goes back to actively encouraging them again.
This change means nothing. To get rid of ws slums they need to change blacksmiths and carps. Brewers are not a choke point.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
This change means nothing. To get rid of ws slums they need to change blacksmiths and carps. Brewers are not a choke point.
I was not saying the change was going to get rid of Workshop slums. I was saying that if you can cycle your workshop slum in only 2 minutes then the Brewery badge becomes so trivial that it serves no purpose. It was not exactly hard to make when it took 5 minutes!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It also is a regression towards creating slum cities for events. Most of the other FA/event changes seemed focused toward discouraging very large array of L1 buildings, but this goes back to actively encouraging them again.
?
How do you figure that?
Residue, bracelets, blacksmiths, statues and necklaces are the bottlenecks, not brews.
If anything this helps prevent the need for slum cities since you obviously need fewer workshops to make dwarven badges in the same amount of time.