• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Proposed new purpose for the Enar's Embassy

Yogi Dave

Why replace what it already does with something different? Some AWs have more than 2 benefits. So, why not just add new benefits and maybe increase the broken shard to more than 1/week (number of runes upgrades/week)? I like the concept of negotiating.

I do think more people negotiate then fight, but also believer top players fight more and most of them do a combination.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
My point on Enar's Embassy is that hardly anyone sees the value in building it.
The best argument I've seen for building it is it looks great.
There are some players who do see the value in it. As is.

It gives a sweet chunk of mana everytime you scout. All players are required to clear 30 provinces every chapter, which requires scouting. I have no problem using speedup timers on scouts. I have no problem overscouting.

It gives broken shards. Right now I am breaking Runes shards to get broken rune shards to forge unbreakable runes to fill rune wheels in wonders I have and am upgrading. So I do not mind a wonder that will give me broken shards. It will let me use more Rune Shards as KP in someone else's wonder.

@Alram converted me.

I am sorry more people do not build it and you have a surplus of enars rune shards that you can't spend as kp.

Yogi Dave

it pays you 70million mana
Where does this number come from? I have 736 provs completed. When Enar's Embassy is level 35 you get 460 times the number of completed provs. That would be 338560 mana for me, and it would take over 6 days before starting another scout. To get 70 million per scout takes over 152k provs completed and the AW at level 35. Scout time would be a lot longer with that many provs too. What am I missing?

Dhurrin

If

I use mana and broken shards. I would prefer they make one of the 7 useless to me wonders useful instead.
Useless to you perhaps. But the vast majority of players feels otherwise. Just take the time and look at the cities on your map, then count the times you see certain AWs. The Embassy is probably the one you will see least, for obvious reasons as it is just about the worst AW in the game for most players.
While all the military-oriented AWs are pretty commonly built.

I do understand you feel that way, but in this case you are the exception to the rule. Nothing wrong with that, but it is safe to say the vast majority of the players feels different about the Embassy.

Dhurrin

i will admit to scrolling through quickly and seeing "what about people who already built it" comments, but how about this:
how would you feel if you didn't build it originally, and then donated a large amount of those runeshards to someone else b/c they actually did?
then a new version comes along, and oh, gee, you dont have the necessary runeshards to build your own now.
And? Runes and broken shards can be earned every week in the tourney, as well as by completing provinces. So if one would like to it wouldn't take that long. Look at how fast AWs from a new chapter get built and upgraded.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Where does this number come from?
I can understand why an advanced chapter player would hesitate to build Enars at that late point in the game. :)
I'm not an advanced chapter player. I'm looking at building Enar's in chapter 9 and leveling it as soon as possible. At level 30, the Enars Embassy ancient wonder power is 400. These numbers are based on scouting and completing the bare minimum of provinces required to move forward in chapters.
completed provinces x AW power = mana per scout.

Ch9. 30 scouts=2,280,000 mana.
Ch10 30 scouts=2,640,000 mana.
Ch11 30 scouts=3,000,000 mana
Ch12 40 scouts=4,480,000 mana
Ch13 40 scouts=5,120,000 mana
Ch14 40 scouts=5,760,000 mana
Ch15 40 scouts=6,400,000 mana
Ch16 40 scouts=7,040.000 mana
Ch17 40 scouts=7,680,000 mana
Ch18 40 scouts=8,320,000 mana
Ch19 40 scouts= 8,960,000 mana
Ch20 40 scouts= 9,600,000 mana

Total Mana=71,280,000

This doesn't have to be everyone's favorite mana producer but I do think players should give it a look instead of writing it off because someone else said so. I'm going to scout anyway, I might as well get paid. :cool:

Sprite1313

I can understand why an advanced chapter player would hesitate to build Enars at that late point in the game. :)
I'm not an advanced chapter player. I'm looking at building Enar's in chapter 9 and leveling it as soon as possible. At level 30, the Enars Embassy ancient wonder power is 400. These numbers are based on scouting and completing the bare minimum of provinces required to move forward in chapters.

Total Mana=71,280,000

This doesn't have to be everyone's favorite mana producer but I do think players should give it a look instead of writing it off because someone else said so. I'm going to scout anyway, I might as well get paid. :cool:
I wish I found Enar's more useful because I do think it is one of the prettiest wonders in the game, and I am happy that some players do find it useful. My scout times are not as long as some folks (@Yogi Dave) because I am stingy with my scouting, but it is still 3.5 days per scout. Just consider that for the chapter 19 settlement, ONE settlement building 3.2M mana to level up. Enar's just doesn't produce mana at a high enough rate to make it pay off for me. And I earn so many broken shards in tourney that the value of the second benefit is also dramatically reduced.

I can sparkle my buildings with spells and immediately have mana on hand from my Dragon Abbey.

I don't want to spend timers on speeding scouts, because I would rather save them to speed building and wonder upgrades, speed train troops, or cycle the merchant.

i will admit to scrolling through quickly and seeing "what about people who already built it" comments, but how about this:
how would you feel if you didn't build it originally, and then donated a large amount of those runeshards to someone else b/c they actually did?
then a new version comes along, and oh, gee, you dont have the necessary runeshards to build your own now.
I've already dealt with this with wonders that I figured I would never build...and then changed my mind. It didn't bother me at all. I still helped fellows build wonders faster, and I can earn those runes in tourney easily enough (or use the gazillion broken shards I earn to forge runes as needed).

I love @Yogi Dave suggestion of adding a third benefit to Enar's that would reduce catering costs.

I think the Astral Phoenix was a good start, but I do think there should be evolves or wonders that reduce catering/negotiating costs in spire AND tourney. My boost buildings, fire phoenix, twilight phoenix, etc, help with both. I would rather see it added to an earlier wonder, rather than having it in a wonder that doesn't become available until chapter 22.

And it does seem like Enar's is one of the least-built wonders out there.

able99

I am so glad I posted this idea, and based on @Alram comments, it has me re-thinking the value of Enar's Embassy.

I know INNO will never go for adding a third benefit to an existing wonder, but I would still like to see a way of reducing carting costs. Perhaps the benefit can be achieved with a new building that functions like the DA but it helps with reducing carting cost instead of fighting. Like the DA. it could be a 5 day expiring building that is a possible reward in the spire gold chests. When placed it reduces carting costs in the tournaments.

Now back to me rethinking the value of Enar's Embassy. Does it make sense for me to build the Embassy in place of several mana producing buildings. It will have to be leveled up to the point it produces more mana than the buildings it replaces. Will I save on space. What level can I reach with my approximately 250 existing shards, and how much mana is produced at that level. I don't know but worth considering. Can I find a trading partner so shards are worth 15 kp each. Not sure how math will work out, but worth investigating.

Sprite1313

What level can I reach with my approximately 250 existing shards, and how much mana is produced at that level.
For me, it takes an average of 20 runes for each rune level, YMMV. There are a total of 7 rune levels to get you to level 35, so the 250 should allow you to fully upgrade the wonder. As to finding a trading partner, that might be a challenge, based on the original assertion that few players build this wonder.

L21 - 11,443KP (and 5 rune levels) - this gives you mana at a rate 300x your completed provinces and 5 broken shards. That is 65% of the max mana for the wonder, while using just 37% of the required KP.
L26 - 16,463KP (6 rune levels) - gives you 360x your completed provinces and 6 broken shards.
L31 - 22,163KP (7 rune levels) - gives you 420x your completed provinces and 7 broken shards.
L35 - 30,763KP (7 rune levels) - gives you 460x your completed provinces and 7 broken shards, and you will need 9.5M mana and sentient goods to level the wonder beyond 31.

You can get more information on the wiki page.

Genefer

I had no interest in Enar until the Scouts' Tavern was released. I built it a few months ago, and it is at level 16 and though my scouts are 94-hrs now, once I have the Scouts' Tavern my Enar will be able to pay its mortgage.

I cannot wait to build the Scouts' Tavern - for the reduction in scout duration and the neighborly help chests.

Dhurrin

Total Mana=71,280,000

Interesting; those numbers might make it worthwhile.
However, I see completely differemt numbers; I built lvl 1 Enar and for me (740 provinces) would only produce 44.000 per scout (say 3.5 days)
According to the app (which has that nice lvls tab) it showed that at lvl 35 it would only provide 340.000 per scout, which is an absolutely insanely small amount. That's why I sold it off again.
So either the app has screwed values there, or it is a AW without any real use for me