• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Prosperity Tower ...

kctanzen

So, I finally got all the rune pieces for this wonder.

I have a combination space that currently has a level 10 workshop, a very obsolete orc nest that is already on the delete list, and an armory filler building. This space would fit the Prosperity Towers wonder nicely I think. (I also have a space with an old event building on the demo list .. maybe it is time to remove it, move the workshop, and put the PT in place)

I seem to be keeping up with supplies just fine at the moment, running 2 breeding grounds and currently have space for 2 rally points.
I will try to keep all my factories going but know that I may be needing to drop one or both of my level 15 steel plants -- no space to grow them at the moment and the population is probably better served switched over to scrolls / elixir plants. I have 6 steel plants that are at or near chapter max now.

I wanted to keep 10 semi-permanent workshops going (many events seem to need 10 production runs) so I would have those around all the time as they come up. It isn't so much the quantity of supplies, but that the flexibility for events / quests. I may not always have enough flexibility to put up a number of low level shops and such for a special situation.

Is dropping from the 10 workshops going to be an issue moving forward?

Thanks for the inputs!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well into chapter 9 (Woodelves) I am getting by fine with 6 workshops. I need to use power of provision frequently, but those are easy to make and obtain through tournaments. 6 Chapter-Max steel plants should be as many as you will ever need. Drop the two extras now.

kctanzen

Thanks Ashrem.

The two smaller steel plants are on my demo list when I'm out of residence upgrades and need the workers for the tier 2 / 3 factories, probably a few more days to finish those residence upgrades in the space I have set aside now. I also have my barracks up to level 18 finally - been slacking with upgrades.

I have 556 PoP spells made so far and they do seem to come along nicely from tourneys / helper chests.

bkbajb

When I went Orcs to Woodelves, I went from 9 max workshops to 7 max workshops, plus Endless Excavation and Prosperity Towers. I haven't looked back, and I've had an easier time keeping my supply of supplies full.

Good to know. I am about at that point and have been thinking about making those changes. Thank you!!

Finn Razelle

I'd even go so far as to say that in Woodelves, 6 maxed-out Workshops plus Prosperity Towers will keep you in supplies with the use of Power of Provision spells and Supplies instants here and there. (I always make it a point to craft supply instants when they pop up in the MA, just to have a stockpile of them.)

I sold my Endless Excavation long ago and haven't regretted it... For me, it was a waste of space compared to what it could provide.

Everybody's city and approach is different, though... Hope this helps!

DeletedUser20539

I'd even go so far as to say that in Woodelves, 6 maxed-out Workshops plus Prosperity Towers will keep you in supplies with the use of Power of Provision spells and Supplies instants here and there. Everybody's city and approach is different, though... Hope this helps!
[/QUOTE
kctanzen, I agree with Finn Razelle that every city and approach is different.
I just started Elementals and find I still need 9 workshops to stay afloat. I also use the PTower plus the Wise Golem from a prior Quest. My FS is very active in the Spire and Tournament. So, some weeks I need the Workshops supplies to get goods from the Trader Wholesaler in order to actively participate. Play it by ear. Set your priorities and go for it.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
it depends on your style, goals and city build. The first response you got from ashrem said he is doing fine with 6 ws. Im guessing his city and mine are very different (which is perfectly fine).

Im also at the start of woodelves. I run 10 work shops at max level, and even with not making t1,2,3 goods, im still having issues keeping up with supplies. This is because i put a lot into raising my military. So my troops take up a ton of supplies (about 30k per square in the barracks Que alone. - averaging about 270,000 supplies per day from just my barracks alone.)

Obviously, im going far with raising my military so i can do great tourney and spire. The rewards help me personally out, and they help the fs progress and fs rewards. I gain a lot of relics, spell frags, enchantments, and lots of extra kp. So i find it well worth it. And the fs is getting close to getting those blueprints!

So i train a lot of troops. Which means i need a lot of supplies. Now i probably could keep up with just 10 ws if i used my PoP enchantments more. But im form that old/early gaming mentality. When you find something special, save it! Somethings coming up thats massive where you will need it! So as such, iv grown in the habbit of holding on to things for a while.

But i put up a prosperity towers as well to help out with supplies. I wasnt overly sure about it at first. But it is proving to be very useful. It increases the PoP effect and duration, which is great for supplies. But it also produces supplies every 3h. - Right now my Towers is level 10. It makes 18,000 supplies every 3h. So 6k per hour. My workshops make 2k supplies each per hour. So the towers is effectly giving me as much as 3 workshops. With the eception of being able to set wd for 9h over night production; cant do that with an AW. But none the less, its very beneficial. And as you/I level the AW up more, it produce more supplies. At lvl 23 it produce double what its making for me right now. (36,000/3h) and at lvl 30 it would make 45k /3h

So, will dropping ws cause you issues? It depends on how many supplies you use on a daily basis. I use a ton, so it would hurt me.