• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Province completion speed?

ElfGunn

Each chapter requires 30 completed provinces to begin. After doing Advanced Scouts, does it matter how fast you complete the 30 provinces? For example, if you did all of them at once, would progress somehow get harder, as opposed to doing one per day?

Iyapo1

@ElfGunn
If you want to keep it as cheap as possible stay within the 30 cleared per chapter guideline. Start scouting as soon as you enter the chapter and hold off clearing until you have a few useful upgrades on the tech tree. In my opinion staying within the chapter guidelines is only useful in the lowest chapters (1-5ish). They should stay really close to the chest guidelines. It is best for them to also hold off clearing until they have unlocked a few useful upgrades (production increases, Squad Size increases or troop upgrades) It is cheaper for them that way.

And players under chapter 8 need to know that if you clear in perfect rings you will hit the orc wall at province 222 iirc it is ring 11 . It is barely possible to break through if you fight and use troop boosting buildings. It is impossible if you cater. You need orcs so stay off the orc wall until you are in orcs or ready to enter orcs.

Other than those exceptions, it is best, imo, if you overscout to your cities maximum ability while still meeting your other demands. The number of provinces cleared is a metric in important future productions(seeds) and in pretty ancient wonders(Dragon Abby).

So keeping it cheap will cost you mana and seeds later.

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@Iyapo1 thought the difficulty of a province got fixed as soon as it was scouted so it would be best to wait scouting until you want to clear it if you want it to be as cheap as possible?

ElfGunn

@Iyapo1 thought the difficulty of a province got fixed as soon as it was scouted so it would be best to wait scouting until you want to clear it if you want it to be as cheap as possible?

When I was in about Chapter 4 or 5 (iirc), playing in the mobile app, I saw the difficulty of scouted provinces decrease when my squad size increased. I'm now in Halflings, and I commonly scout provinces well before I start clearing them and I have never seen the difficulty increase, regardless of how long they sit (I never scout more than the 30 provinces required to start the next chapter).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
thought the difficulty of a province got fixed as soon as it was scouted
Yes
so it would be best to wait scouting until you want to clear it if you want it to be as cheap as possible?
Doesn't matter. Once you have unlocked the advanced scouts tech the price of scouting will not go down again until next chapter so scouting them right away or later makes no difference.
I saw the difficulty of scouted provinces decrease when my squad size increased.
That's right, increasing your squad size reduces the difficulty, but only because the difficulty is a direct comparison of your number vs theirs.
Theirs is locked in once scouted, yours can change.
I have never seen the difficulty increase, regardless of how long they sit
Correct. A scouted province can never go up in difficulty because they are locked in and your squad size can never o down.