• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Province difficulty

Gkyr

Chef
I have a small city in Chapter 4. Lately, the list of scoutable provinces were all blue-very easy. Yesterday I fought in a slew of province battles but completed only 2 or three provinces. In that time I contributed to no tech tree items, built no new buildings but now the list of scoutable provinces has jumped to all yellow-medium. My squad stacks all decreased in number due to the battles but is this the trigger for the rating change? I am left wondering what makes the list change like that.

Fayeanne

I wonder if they changed this recently? In the past, I would see that everything was Easy, start a scout, everything is still Easy, go to bed thinking all is well, get up in the morning, everything is Medium...

Drukilla

I'm in Chapter 2 and I can no longer beat the enemies because my squads are too small. I did upgrade research on squads but still can't beat. I did notice that if I keep my troops training, the measure of difficulty does change lower to medium....

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm in Chapter 2 and I can no longer beat the enemies because my squads are too small. I did upgrade research on squads but still can't beat. I did notice that if I keep my troops training, the measure of difficulty does change lower to medium....
You might need to stop scouting for awhile. The difficulty of a province is set by the cost when you scout it. You say you are in chapter 2. Well, when you advance to chapter 3 the very first tech advance will be Advanced Scouts. This will reduce scouting costs by 25%. Which will also reduce the difficulty/cost to clear provinces for the provinces you scout after you get this tech. If I were you, I would open the tech tree and see how many provinces I would need to advance to chapter 3. If you already have enough provinces scouted and available, I would stop scouting until you advance. If you scout more provinces right now, the difficulty will be fixed. If you wait until you get the next Advanced Scouts tech to scout futher, then everything will be easier/cheaper.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
It's called "over scouting" and sometimes you just have to do it to get the relics needed for a quest....sigh. I have a city at the end of chapter 4 and all my scouting is "very hard." Yuck. On the other hand, I produce so much that I just cater when I need a province completed and continue to scout.

The thing is, you don't have to fight at all. I think it's pretty clear that fighting is for about chapter 3 or 4 or above (chapter 5 in my opinion) and up to then you can do fine with catering everything, provided you build your city for it.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This will reduce scouting costs by 25%. Which will also reduce the difficulty/cost to clear provinces.

Once you have scouted a province, the cost and difficulty are locked in and nothing can change that. Even if you drop the difficulty of un-scouted provinces, the already scouted ones will not change.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Once you have scouted a province, the cost and difficulty are locked in and nothing can change that. Even if you drop the difficulty of un-scouted provinces, the already scouted ones will not change.
I know. In my post upthread when I said Advanced scouts would reduce costs, I was referring to future scouted provinces and did not mean to imply that Advanced Scouts would help with the existing scouted world map provinces. I will edit my existing post to make this more clear.