• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Province expansions

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I show 369 provinces as being after the end of ring 13, and starting 14, not ring 12.
Maybe in INNO's way of counting 12=13?
distance 0 (but what most people would call ring 1). So yes, the ones marked as distance 12 are in ring 13.
Who starts counting at Zero?
I don't have anything constructive to add. It's late and I'm a bit tired, but this exchange has me in a fit of giggles!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I just looked and the incomplete tab has 18 provinces ready to complete and I started a scout this AM and it was on the last 12 from center. Maybe in INNO's way of counting 12=13?

That tab is showing you the distance between your city and the incomplete/unscouted province. So if you are working on a province in Ring 15, then the distance number will say 14, because those are the number of rings in between your city and the ring the province is in. It does not count the ring for the province itself. You can also go by the old way of keeping track. The amount of ranking points you get for completing a spot within a province is the ring number. So that same province in Ring 15 will give you 15 ranking points per spot completed.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have all of ring 8 done and most of ring 9. I explored one ring 10 and then found I couldn't do anything with it because it needs orcs, which I don't have researched yet (next chapter). My current time to scout provinces is about 18 or 19 hours, and I need 8 provinces completed to get an expansion. I don't know if this interests anyone since you are all higher than I am, but I figured I may as well add to the data in case anyone else newer comes on.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
If you are a veteran player you can scout / complete many more provinces than the current max, depending on how long you play the game.
Recently I came to this number
1590418622401.png

I don't want complete provinces anymore :(

Yogi Dave

I explored one ring 10 and then found I couldn't do anything with it because it needs orcs, which I don't have researched yet (next chapter).
This folks, is the one solid reason to not over scout too too much until after orcs. Look at the upcoming advanced scout tech as a guide. Especially look at the advanced tech to get into orcs. After orcs there isn't another solid barrier. I now try and keep my scout perpetually busy just to have them ready for events.
@Darielle , I hope you are very near getting into orcs and will be ready to get 2 armories to level 20 when you get the tech for it.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
This folks, is the one solid reason to not over scout too too much until after orcs. Look at the upcoming advanced scout tech as a guide. Especially look at the advanced tech to get into orcs. After orcs there isn't another solid barrier. I now try and keep my scout perpetually busy just to have them ready for events.
@Darielle , I hope you are very near getting into orcs and will be ready to get 2 armories to level 20 when you get the tech for it.
Thanks, Yogi Dave; I'm 4 techs away from the Orcs chapter and you're right; I overscouted big time and only learned my mistake after I was three full chapters ahead of what I should have done on scouting. :( But at least I do have 2 armories that are within one or two upgrades of level 20, so at least that will not be a serious problem. The only problem is in finding the room, but I'll do that as soon as I finish Fairies and rearrange everything to fit better.