• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Provinces

Intoxcy8me

Need to change the color of locked provinces to red, as it would be easier to tell scoutable provinces from locked ones.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hey there, and welcome to the Forum.

Personally I enjoy that the difficulty level is displayed in a color scale, that goes blue, green, yellow (all easily solvable if the right troops are picked), then orange and red (pretty much cater or go home).

I learned a very harsh lesson in the summer of 2016, by trying to reach my mentor's city. This was back before the color scale was available. He said to fight, not cater, wait until my troops were strong enough. Ah me, good times. But I would have been better able to judge that under the color scale system, than trial and error.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
For me the "trial and error" thing is usually, "error and error and error and error...." In other words, a real trial.

I catered entirely for the first two years and it worked well for me once I learned to take it all a bit slower and not over scout.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Need to change the color of locked provinces to red, as it would be easier to tell scoutable provinces from locked ones.
You might find it more useful to scout from the "Provinces overview" screen rather than scrolling around the map. The arrows at the left edge tell you the direction to the province, the number tells you what ring it is in, and the cross hairs on the right let you visit the spot on the map before committing if you like, or you can just scout from there by selecting the telescope. The colour bar tells you the approximate difficulty rating. The ring above indicates colour difficulty with blue the easiest and as Lelanya said, red is already reserved for the hardest, so unavailable for the requested purpose
1683824560479.png

1683824602172.png

1683824846046.png

Sprite1313

It's very similar if you play on mobile (though depending on your device, it might be very hard to see.

FullSizeRender(2)-compressed.JPG
1683859736266.png

Non-scoutable are greyed out, with a lock to the left on mobile, the lock is above on browser (and a mouse hover will indicate locked).

FullSizeRender-compressed.JPG

Open the province overview, and on mobile you get words to go with the colours, in case you couldn't figure out the blue, green, etc, colour-coding.

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.JPG

But maybe what you are suggesting is something more like making the lock graphic much more prominent, so it is easier to see? A flashing neon lock for those with tiny screens, bad eyesight, or insufficient caffeine... I could get behind that. It's similar to the challenge with some event currency where it can get hard to pick out amid the eye candy all over the screen.