• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pushing clarification

DeletedUser627

I have been thinking about getting my daughters (living at home with me) to start their own accounts and play with me. Wanted to form a little fellowship where I have a relatively small city and play with just the 5 or 6 of us. We used to have time to play table games together, but since we're all older / busier I've been looking for a substitute where we have some interaction even if we're not in the same room.

I read the rules, and according to the pushing definition, I can't found a fellowship and invite them to join since we all often use the same IP from home. Using an "invite" feature is specifically forbidden. So, if we wanted to all play, we'd be required to join someone else's fellowship.

Does anyone know if I'm reading this correctly?

DeletedUser61

I'm fairly sure that the "invite" feature you noticed, rather than referring to fellowships, refers to inviting someone to play the game, as once upon a time there were some "invite a friend" promotional benefits. It does indeed need to be clarified.

Also, if you use different browsers, you can all log on at the same time from the same computer, and just move the keyboard around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser68

Your family concept is fine.

The fundamental concern is that someone could unbalance the game by pushing items in one direction, if they were using slave accounts in a very one-sided scheme, but Elvenar isn't really vulnerable to that sort of abuse anyway. A nice assortment of boosts and some 4:1 trades is about the most "damage" that anybody could do, and even then they'd probably end up with boosted trades going both directions.

If your kids are like mine were, then just getting them to do reasonable things will be enough of a challenge. My grandkids delight in rearranging things, and couldn't care less about scores nor efficiencies.

DeletedUser627

...Also, if you use different browsers, you can all log on at the same time from the same computer, and just move the keyboard around.

I tried logging on at the same time with my husband when we're adjacent using the same laptop...and it logs one of us out. Is there a trick for this?

DeletedUser61

Use two different browsers, Chrome for session One and Firefox for session Two, for example.

I haven't tested it for a couple of months, so if it doesn't work anymore then we'll dig deeper.