• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Put level 20 workshop in storage and lost culture and did not get back full population.

DeletedUser13994

Game Version: 111.2-(903b701)
Player name: st0ne
Race: Human
Reproducibility: (unknown) just happened once as far as I know
Server: Harandar
Browser: Firefox v79.0 (64 bit)
Flash version: latest
Operating system: Windows 10

While adding t1 manufactories for the FA I was low on population so I put a level 20 workshop into storage to gain back some population, I had a little population but not enough for a marble manufactory and I had plenty of culture. A level 20 workshop should return 1023 population and 533 culture but I now have only 927 population and -596 culture (that's negative 596). I will not make any changes to this city until someone has a chance to check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 4646370

For population it's not a bug : as Golden Abyss/Mountain Halls give population proportional to active population, when you remove the workshop they give slightly less population and that's why you get only ~920 back. This also means if you put back the workshop, you need the 1023 population but it actually costs you the same ~920. However I don't know how did you lose culture after teleporting the workshop.

DeletedUser13994

Not sure how I lost culture, and not sure how much I lost because I didn't look at it before putting the workshop into storage. I do know it was not negative because about 10 days ago I had to stop upgrading Silk manufactories because had some culture but I didn't have enough to upgrade another one. I have not sold any buildings since then except for my Orc settlement.
p.s. You may be French but your English is good. On the other hand my French is horrible.

DeletedUser13994

yup, I was just returning to let you know I found that to be the reason for the culture loss, I sold off 55 swamp trails losing 2365 total culture. mystery solved. Thank you and thank PaNonymeB for your assistance.

DeletedUser4582

Elvenar can't want calculate the boost in inventory to automacally ajust active population boost! too hard to they programmers

Pheryll

Set Designer
Elvenar can't want calculate the boost in inventory to automacally ajust active population boost! too hard to they programmers
Wouldn't that calculation just confuse things? You need an active population sufficient to work in the building you are placing in order to place it. If bonus population is given after the placing, that does not mitigate the requirements for placing the building.