• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Put Royal Restorations in the Chests Between Chapters

Crowella

I think it would be nice if there were a few royal restorations in the chests we open upon completing a certain number of provinces and the research for the previous chapter. After all, that is when royal restorations are most handy -- when moving up a chapter.

I don't mean put in so many you can upgrade all buildings, but maybe 10 or so, enough that you have a head start on one or two favorite buildings.

I fully admit, this suggestion is inspired by me having received a Fire Phoenix in the last event just as I was starting the game. Through hard work in the event and in the manufactoring challenge, he's evolved to level 10, but is still only in chapter 1. In order for him to grow with me, I will need 16 Royal Restorations per chapter.

I am in a medium-sized alliance now, and we win about 6 chests per tournament. That means I get 2 RRs per week, hopefully. So it will take 8 weeks per chapter to upgrade Freddie. Probably later chapters will be slow enough that 8 weeks per upgrade will be more than enough time, but in the beginning it is pretty slow. Maybe all the chests or ending chapter quests in chapters I through V could contain a few RRs? That is where players are likely to progress significantly faster than they could reasonably accumulate enough RRs from tournaments to upgrade even one building.

Vergazi

It seems like a nice idea, generally. I've though on occasion that many people like myself have a particular building that is their "favorite". It would be nice if in some way a player could "flag" or in some way designate one certain of their buildings as their favorite and get a token in the chapter chests that they could use to upgrade only that one certain building so they could bring it along with them, as it were, as their city advances.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A nice idea, but not likely, since a lot of players are far into the game or in the current final chapter. I feel that any place they add them will be a place that all players have the opportunity to earn them. Anyone can join a fellowship and try for at least four chests, but no one can wind back time and open those Advanced Scouts chests again.Or if you have the diamonds to burn, you can spend 300 as a substitute per blueprint in the crafting recipes to make RRs. We are much more likely to see them as rewards in the next Fellowship Adventure or maybe other future events as prizes for completing either daily or sequential quests, than ever added to a "one and done" opportunity like those chests.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
A nice idea, but not likely, since a lot of players are far into the game or in the current final chapter. I feel that any place they add them will be a place that all players have the opportunity to earn them.
You are forgetting what happened to advanced players when they added diamonds to the end of chapters... "tough luck" said inno. so yeah they could totally do this idea. I'm at the end of the techs on all of my accounts and would be totally OK with them adding 1 BP at the end of each chapter or some RR.

Crowella

I am a new player, so perhaps someone with more history in the game can correct me if something I am writing here is wrong. But this is my understanding:

They added diamonds to quests post-Dwarves chapter after some players had done them. There were some complaints, but they did it. It doesn't seem like very advanced players would have a lot of reason to complain about RRs being added to earlier chapters, since RRs were not even a thing when they completed those chapters, or at least were not used for upgrading event buildings. Royal Restorations began to be used to upgrade event buildings in January of this year on beta.

Edit: I see SoggyShorts pointed out the diamond thing while I was composing my post.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am a new player, so perhaps someone with more history in the game can correct me if something I am writing here is wrong. But this is my understanding:

They added diamonds to quests post-Dwarves chapter after some players had done them. There were some complaints, but they did it. It doesn't seem like very advanced players would have a lot of reason to complain about RRs being added to earlier chapters, since RRs were not even a thing when they completed those chapters, or at least were not used for upgrading event buildings. Royal Restorations began to be used to upgrade event buildings in January of this year on beta.

Edit: I see SoggyShorts pointed out the diamond thing while I was composing my post.

I am curious about something. You say you are a new player, yet your forum account was made maybe a month after the game launched just over four years ago. What happened in that time? Did you try the game and then quit for a couple of years and then come back?

I have been playing close to 3 years straight now and I do not remember a time when diamonds were not a reward for either selling your guest race portal or opening the reward chest when starting a new chapter once at that point in the game.

Edit: so I searched through the Release Notes forum and found that diamonds were added to the chests at the start of chapters, starting with chapter 6, in July, 2017. I honestly do not remember if I was at chapter 6 or further by then, but I probably was, since I cannot see the first 5 chapters taking me almost a year to finish.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20951

Yeah, Inno doesn't mind ticking off established players. When Wonders were added to the game and the players who had cleared a significant number of provinces at the time realized they wouldn't be receiving any rune shards for said provinces, it wasn't pretty, and no restitution was ever made.

Crowella

Yes, I joined way back when the game was new. I remember when there were no Ancient Wonders, and I can't remember the Magic Academy being a thing. Maybe it was and I didn't use it. It was a long time ago.

I'm back, playing on the EN server now.

DeletedUser20951

I can't remember the Magic Academy
Think it was added around the first year mark (my memory's always been rubbish at specific dates), but I do recall the uproar over how utterly useless that huge waste of space was, since you could only make Provision and Ensorcelled spells (and you got plenty of those in other ways) in the beginning, while Magical Manufacturing took months to join the lineup. Many refused to build the Academy, and I was one of those protesters, demanding they make it worthwhile before I did... which they finally did, nearly three years later, with the crafting. XD

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Think it was added around the first year mark (my memory's always been rubbish at specific dates), but I do recall the uproar over how utterly useless that huge waste of space was, since you could only make Provision and Ensorcelled spells (and you got plenty of those in other ways) in the beginning, while Magical Manufacturing took months to join the lineup. Many refused to build the Academy, and I was one of those protesters, demanding they make it worthwhile before I did... which they finally did, nearly three years later, with the crafting. XD

As soon as they added the Inspiring Meditation enchantment, I got a lot more use out of the Academy. I have been running that non-stop for a long time now.