• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pyramid of Purification...any good?

ElfGunn

I'll fill the rune shards for the PoP before long. I like the idea of increasing sentient goods production... I'm in Constructs, and struggling to make enough.

Is the PoP any good? How does it work? Where do the orcs come in? Does the Sentient Boost only work when pet food is used?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I love my Pyramids and build them in every city where it's unlocked. The orcs come from however you generate them - armories, orc nests, Heroes' Forge, Echoes of the Forgotten - the sentient goods appear in a bubble and get counted with the orcs. No pet food is required for this to work.

ElfGunn

I love my Pyramids and build them in every city where it's unlocked. The orcs come from however you generate them - armories, orc nests, Heroes' Forge, Echoes of the Forgotten - the sentient goods appear in a bubble and get counted with the orcs. No pet food is required for this to work.

Regarding the orcs, I meant are they consumed? For example, if I put in 1000 orcs, do I get 1000 of a sentient good?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Regarding the orcs, I meant are they consumed? For example, if I put in 1000 orcs, do I get 1000 of a sentient good?
Nope ... you'll get the orcs PLUS the sentient goods, and from any source, like Lelanya said. You'll be coming up to chapter 16 soon ... if you can get the POP now and upgrade it, you should do well in that chapter. In all the previous chapters, I thought having half a million orcs was good enough. HA! Chapter 16 will make you think that was a drop in the bucket. I don't think I could have survived Chapter 16 without the POP ... okay ... it didn't give me MORE orcs, just sentients so I didn't have to worry about that. It certainly wouldn't have been as much fun without it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
For some reason Pyramid of Purification works with every orc producer in the game EXCEPT for Witch Hut. I've been told this is by design because the primary production of Witch Hut is considered to be frogs, not orcs. But it was a serious letdown for me since I have a fully evolved Witch Hut and a partially evolved one in every city. I built the PoP but became annoyed about it not working with Witch Hut and deleted it after a day or 2 without ever leveling it. This might have been a short sighted decision on my part but as I said, I was annoyed.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yep, not the Witch's Hut, but every source of just worker orcs. You can get a lot of sentients! @Henroo, do you make orcs? Perhaps you ought to reconsider.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Yep, not the Witch's Hut, but every source of just worker orcs. You can get a lot of sentients! @Henroo, do you make orcs? Perhaps you ought to reconsider.
Other than the 2 Witch Huts I've got 4 armories and Echoes of Forgotten making orcs. At the time I bailed on Pyramid of Purification Echoes wasn't out yet and I think I only had 3 armories. So I probably make more non Witch Hut orcs now than then.

I understand PoP is a good source of sentients once leveled. But at the moment I'm working hard to upgrade Blooming Trader since I am in the middle of ch 17 and I need the boost to guest race production. So I'd have a hard time leveling it right now if I rebuilt it.

Plus I'm really not having an issue with sentient goods, despite only having 1 manufactory of each level. So the only way PoP would truly make my city more efficient would be if it is good enough to replace a max level S1, S2, and S3 manufactory. Now if I could teleport 3 big manufactories out of my city and replace them with 1 AW, that would be a significant space saving. How does the daily output of a leveled PoP compare to the daily output of max level sentient good manufactories?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Is the PoP any good? How does it work? Where do the orcs come in? Does the Sentient Boost only work when pet food is used?
Whether it is good depends on what you are wanting it for. Good is very subjective, if you can add some criteria to help define what "good" might look like it will be easier to get meaningful responses

Do you know if the orcs you get from tournament (from another wonder) also give sentient? I haven't actually checked but I would assume it doesn't, would be amazing synergy if it did.

Now if I could teleport 3 big manufactories out of my city and replace them with 1 AW, that would be a significant space saving.

One of my fellowship members has done precisely that, all of their sentient goods come from this wonder. They do a lot of combat so they have a lot of armouries, a persons supply of orcs would have a lot to do with whether this was viable or not. You would also need to be comfortable trading cross-tier as the sentient you get is random, so it is possible to get mostly S3 and no S1 for example.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Heroes Forge is a direct gain of orcs, Shrine of Champions is less direct as it comes in the form of a reward from memory. To be honest I didn't even notice if orcs in quests also counts. I hope they do count as I like it when wonders have synergy between them, makes them far more interesting and intriguing in which ones to build and how.

ElfGunn

Nope ... you'll get the orcs PLUS the sentient goods, and from any source, like Lelanya said. You'll be coming up to chapter 16 soon ... if you can get the POP now and upgrade it, you should do well in that chapter. In all the previous chapters, I thought having half a million orcs was good enough. HA! Chapter 16 will make you think that was a drop in the bucket. I don't think I could have survived Chapter 16 without the POP ... okay ... it didn't give me MORE orcs, just sentients so I didn't have to worry about that. It certainly wouldn't have been as much fun without it.

I have 350k orcs saved up, and 5 orc nests. Do the saved up orcs work with PoP? Or only new production?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have 350k orcs saved up, and 5 orc nests. Do the saved up orcs work with PoP? Or only new production?
It must be new production. After you get the Pyramid, from then on, every time you collect orcs you will also get extra sentient goods.