• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quest 78

nsaplay78

I posted a similar thread about quest 38 which was the exact same originally. "upgrade a building to level 14 or higher". I have a fellowship with many members that are unable to do such an upgrade because they aren't far enough into the game. In all other cases, there was a secondary way to pass a quest like this such as "scout an area", "complete a province", "research a technology". If this quest isn't modified like that somehow, then all low level players who have been trying to complete the set are likely screwed becasue they will miss out on roughly 1300 tickets that can be obtained in those final quests afterward. I was glad to see them fix quest 38 so that it was at least possible for them to complete. I would like to see something similar here. We dont want to sour our new players on the game with these month long events that have prizes they want but have no chance of obtaining.

HJK84

It's true, if you're below Chapter 3, you can't upgrade a building to 14+.

But in all honesty, you can get to Chapter 3 quite fast, if you're an active player, in less than 30 days, which is the length of this Event.
And if you're not a active enough player to do so, then you're probably not active enough to even finish this Event.

Therefore... ummm... ya... can't say more, trying to keep it positive, but also realistic :D
Dang it I want to say more, but need to bite my tongue :p

nsaplay78

You have got to be joking!? First off, I've been playing every day since I started this game. Looking at the scores of my fellowship members who have made it to chapter 3, it took far longer than 30 days for me to get there despite playing every single day. Also most of these players are brand new to the game and still figuring out the best ways to do things. We help them as much as possible but aren't there to hold there hands every step of the way. Even if what your saying is accurate and possible for a complete noob to accomplish, your still saying they could get threw that quest in 30 days. That doesnt give them time to complete the remaining 20 quests which again means its impossible for them to complete the set. The whole point of this is for them to have just as much of a chance to get it as players who have been here a long time. Its fine if quests are difficult, but making them impossible because you haven't advanced that far in the research is just stupid. They will just get frustrated when stuff like this comes up that they cant get and may even quit the game. I'm saying this because I've heard this type of chatter from others outside my fellowship that I still keep in contact with. It doesn't effect me at all. I'm past that quest. I'm trying to make things better for all to play and your saying you have to bite your tounge? How about being part of the solution instead of part of the problem. Were trying to grow the game. Not steer new players away from it

HJK84

Frustration is understandable.

I will say what many others have said, including "I think" forum mods and devs; not everyone is suppose to or going to be able to complete every single Event or FA.
It's just the way things go.

If I recall correctly, I joined this game while it was half way into a Event. Spring Event I think, where we had to pick up Nuts, similar to these Tickets.
I didn't finish it. And I understood, it's only normal that not everyone can finish all Events, specially new comers.

There's 2 ways of looking at this. Talking about the new players who join Elvenar.
They join, and realize there's this cool thing going on, a Event. Then they realize that they can't complete it all, due to not being advanced enough.

A; they stay positive and keep trying to advance asap, so that they can eventually be able to complete Events. Maybe not the current one, but the non-stop others that will follow ;)
B: they get sad, and the negativity kicks in. And... they quit, just because they feel that they're being put aside compared to others who have advanced and are able to complete more Events.

Furthermore, I don't know how Inno's marketing team works. How they get new players to join and so forth.
If they're somehow planning on a way to allow BRAND NEW players to be able to complete a Event with 100 quests. I'm sure there are ways to help, but unsure if Inno will want to do them.

Many variables here, and having a business degree, I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty of it all.
Inno, is allowed to do as they please. For the most part, I love how things are going and the direction it's headed. Many things can change to make the game better, but... everything takes time.

I keep my life and everything around me positive, and I understand others who cannot.
This is all just a person perspective :)

DeletedUser5521

On Beta, our members who were not at a high enough level to complete those quests were told to send a ticket to Support asking if there was a way to get past those quests, and in all cases Support gave them the green check mark to complete the impossible quest so they could move on to the next quest. I don't play with anyone on Live who is that new to the game, so I don't know firsthand if the same holds true, but it couldn't hurt to try and see what happens. I bet Support will help, just like they did with Beta Players :)

nsaplay78

I do understand your side of this, and I have a business degree as well by the way. I just feel that everyone should have the opportunity to complete everything if they make the effort to do so. Simply putting up quests that are impossible for them to even attempt does not seem fair. It takes a lot of time and grinding to advance in this. I've been playing every day for over 7 months and I'm just nearing the end of chapter 6. I remember when they did the element event thing that was clearly focused on higher level players. If felt like there was nothing going on for the rest of us for quite a long time. I must admit that I was kinda bored then just waiting for something else to happen. I basically lead 2 fellowships now and I focus most of my efforts to getting new players involved and excited about doing events, FAs, tournaments, etc. The only issues I've had with this game since I've started playing are related to things like this being out of reach regardless of effort spent to get them. These quests in this event and the overall phoenix event which was very unlikely to complete the set without spending diamonds. In that event, I made every single roll except maybe 2 or 3 on a double day payout or a daily prize that was part of the set. Still i had to use diamonds to complete the set in both cities and I wasn't even close to making it without them. Dangling a carrot like that that is unreachable without getting really lucky only upsets those who really wanted it. This is a similar issue in that for most new players, this would be their first chance to get a big set like this and they are simply blocked by a quest they cant attempt. It makes no sense to do that. Let them work and try and earn it just like everyone else

nsaplay78

I saw a similar solution posted about quest 38 when I started a thread about that a while back. I was glad to see that they decided to change the quest, probably because many people ran into this problem. Thats why I started this thread. I'm hoping they will do the same before everyone reaches it. I'm already past it, but I have a much bigger city than the people I'm trying to look out for. Hopefully, it gets changed just like 38. If not, I'll just tell them to send a ticket just like before

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I saw a similar solution posted about quest 38 when I started a thread about that a while back.
Coincidence. Developers don't pay any attention to these forums. They don't actively participate, but are more likely to pay attention to the beta forums.
That said, I'll finish the event in my main city in S&D. I may or may not finish it in my small city in Chapter 4, and it may be this quest that runs out my time there (I'll have to do several upgrades to my main hall to make it; along with residence upgrades to get the population I'll need). That seems fair to me. If I could do as much with a Ch4 city as I can with a Ch10 city, I'd probably have been too bored with the game to make it to Ch10. Ch4 city will still have a goal to reach of being able to complete an event. My Ch4 city can't do as much in tournaments as my Ch10 city either, but one day it will...

shimmerfly

@nsaplay78 Maybe encouragement from you would help the newer players rather than negativity? :D
It's kind of like learning a new sport or a new craft. You can't expect to do a double back flip off the high diving board before you learn how to swim... or paint the Sistine Chapel without learning how to mix colors first.
I realize it's frustrating for the new people but we all were new people at one point. Some will stay and some will leave.
I do think it's worth a shot to contact support to see if they will modify that quest.

DeletedUser12171

I agree that for "upgrade building to X level quests should always have an alternative option to complete. I have said before and I will mention again that if quests like these were tied to the current chapter, there would be absolutely no issue. They can make it work for the coins/supplies/obtain goods quests, I don't understand why they can't make it work for "upgrade to X" ones.

BUT new players must also accept that If you're new and not far into the game, you can do less than others who are more advanced. I see nothing wrong with this approach. The game is not about the event. Another event will come in 3 months time. It's not a big deal man.