• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quest cycling

DeletedUser19049

Quest cycling is cycling through repeatable requests. Quest cycling is used a lot in fellowship adventures, but it can also be used in normal play to dramatically increase coins and supplies.

Currently, it takes 3 clicks to cycle to the next quest.
1) Click the quest
2) Click decline
3) Confirm decline

Here are some simple suggestions to reduce the number of clicks for each cycle.

1) When a quest is completed or declined, automatically pop up the next quest.

2) If a quest is repeatable and no progress has been made, skip the decline confirmation.
In other words, only confirm non-repeatable quests and quests that are partially complete.

Implementing these two simple suggestions would result in one click to cycle to the next quest.

Future enhancements could include previous/next buttons or selection from lists or tabs as has been suggested in other threads.

DeletedUser19801

i was just going to write this suggestion too but decided to check if it was writen already.
the cycling is so annoing, especialy if you got about 20 (like me atm)
i would add, an option to have a small "option" botton in the opened quest box that takes you to a list of all of your cycled quests and have a check box to mark or unmark a quest you want to add or to take of the cycling.

MirandaZink

Amen - for the same quests we recycle thru, even if you make a mistake you can just keep hitting decline till it comes back. It would reduce 20+ clicks . . . no one needs to confirm these. It's just overkill.

DeletedUser20515

As an alternative to making cycling through all quests easier, I was hoping for a repeat option for quests that didn't involve cycling at all. A "Do it again!" button beside "Awesome!" on the Quest completed dialog would suit me fine. However, it looks like their logic for advancing to the next quest has already run at that point. For an easier implementation, having "Do it again!" beside "Finish" on the main quest dialog would be also be a fine option to repeat the just completed quest.

DeletedUser19458

Would love it if we could pick and choose these more easily. Way to many clicks that most of the time I ignore quests, unless I start hurting for supplies.

I will recommend if you really have need to get through quests for something, switch to mobile for a bit. Less confirmations and clicks and faster to cycle.

Alistaire

Something has to be done about these. I can think of a bunch of options:
  • box to click to repeat same quest
  • left/right cycling
  • moving them to something like the research interface except instead of things in progression, just allow you to pick from all options at once
  • option to permanently disable individual ones you don't consider worth it to you
  • allowing all to be active at once and just give you bonuses as you fill different meters
  • take out the "you can't undo this" warning from cycling quests as this is factually incorrect for them
  • allow a favorites list, put an "add to favorites" option in the cycles
  • add a hotkey for cycling
In one city I just started the FS I joined just announced as a reminder they are NOT participating in the FAs specifically because of how cycling quests is handled, so I'm probably looking for a new group before the next FA.

DeletedUser20702

I can't believe the annoyance of quest cycling while playing fellowship adventures has not been addressed -- I've been playing over a year now and this is SO ANNOYING.

The easiest fix with NO user interface changes is to just NOT advance to the next quest.
The next best step is a "do it again" button

Why why why why why has this not been addressed?

Right now I have 42 good shops and 35 workshops for this fellowship adventure, and it takes 16+ mouse clicks just to cycle to the same exact quest, then another 5 mouseclicks to finish the quest. 21 mouseclicks x 14 sets of good shops = 294 mouse clicks. This is easily 30+ minutes on my laptop.

Every other part of the game is fun. THIS IS NOT FUN.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Chellenge medals are awarded without using quests.
Make FA badges like medals.

That's it. Nothing else is an acceptable half measure since inno has already invented, tested, and proven the perfect method for fixing the FA.