• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quest giver IMAGE not loaded correctly

Wilder Elves

Hi, I have been trying to get help from the "Support" but unfortunately has been nothing but a waste of time so far. For weeks now the quest giver image library seems to be corrupted and ALL quest givers look like "Rivenor the builder". I miss out on all the fun art work... The only other quest giver that still appears in his correct shape is "Mentor Tanavar", all other quest giver images have been replaced by the builder. Any help would be swell. Part of the fun to play this game is to celebrate the character artwork that I unfortunately don't get to see.

I play on mobile, Version 1.137.3.... I suspect this problem appeared after an update.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I've been playing about a year, mobile only. All I see mostly is my "Bob the builder", every quest...event quests too. Very occasionally, I see that Tanavar and a centaur looking fellow with antlers shows up during FAs.

I just assumed my builder had some personality issues.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Wilder Elves

I've been playing about a year, mobile only. All I see mostly is my "Bob the builder", every quest...event quests too. Very occasionally, I see that Tanavar and a centaur looking fellow with antlers shows up during FAs.

I just assumed my builder had some personality issues.:rolleyes:
Thanks for sharing, what a drag!

Wilder Elves

I also play on mobile and will occasionally get different quest givers for a few days and then it is back to the builder.

No dwarves giving quests in dwarves, it is all the builder. No fairies, no orcs it is all the builder. It is boring.

Thank you so much for sharing. It is pretty much the same for me. You also couldn't get any help with this issue?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Sounds like an issue the mobile app devs need to address. If the code is not there to display various quest givers like the browser does, there's unlikely to be anything support staff can do to help. They probably pass it along to the devs, but likely have no influence over the priority assigned to the issue once it gets there.

Alram

Flippers just flip
How are players supposed to know what is a code issue, what is a limited test release, and what is an actual glitch?
I can't see quest givers, I cant manual fight during battles, I don't have event countdown timers, I don't have autumn leaves, I don't have ruins and plants in my unexpanded places, there is no cliff art, and nothing moves in my city except people walking down the street and smoke signals rising from spelled buildings which I can't even see how long they are spelled for.
??? :oops:

Iyapo1

@Wilder Elves If I am not mistaken I was told to uninstall and reload.....3 hours later....still the builder. I have tried clearing space thinking maybe the download size is adaptive(wishful thinking), no still the builder. Every now and then the other quests givers will show up for a day or two and then...back to the builder.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I tried a quick search of the beta forums, and didn't turn up anything after early 2019. Guest race quest givers didn't show up when they should, but very little about that and again, that was 2+ years ago.
It's my understanding there are 2 development teams: one for browser and one for mobile. I'm thinking the only portion of the mobile only players that even realize there should be different quest givers are those who learned that from other players/the forum. My guess is: that's a very small portion of mobile-only players. And an even smaller portion that submits a support ticket about the issue.
I can't see quest givers, I cant manual fight during battles, I don't have event countdown timers, I don't have autumn leaves, I don't have ruins and plants in my unexpanded places, there is no cliff art, and nothing moves in my city except people walking down the street and smoke signals rising from spelled buildings which I can't even see how long they are spelled for.
Please note that I'm not the brightest when it comes to tech issues, and will defer to just about anybody anyone else who is more knowledgeable on these subjects.
I certainly don't expect players to know "what is a code issue, what is a limited test release, and what is an actual glitch?" I only wanted to point out that what support can 'fix' does have limits. Some of the things you listed (animations or the lack thereof) I understand are related to how older/less powerful mobile devices manage the higher data requirements (by turning them off) for those portions of the game. I don't really understand it enough to know if the OS is doing it or the app. Many of the other issues are where mobile doesn't have some features of browser (and browser doesn't have some other features of mobile). It might be more effective to open a discussion on those disparities to gather enough information to develop a formal Idea/Suggestion to submit for consideration. Maybe some of those areas are being worked on; maybe some of them are really hard to move to the other platform (for whatever reason), maybe the development teams being separate means mobile hasn't seriously considered some of those browser features and vice versa and a formal Idea/Suggestion could help nudge them in that direction.
@helya
Can you help with this? Both the specific question in the OP as well as the issues raised in Alram's post?

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The quest givers are specifically tied into the quest, you get whatever the devs have programmed for each quest. If you're seeing a builder rather than something else, they've programmed it that way for whatever reason.

The mobile app and the Browser version ARE different, if you're in doubt if something is a bug, just ask and we can check.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
How are players supposed to know what is a code issue, what is a limited test release, and what is an actual glitch?

Are you playing in the browser or on the app? Almost none of that is programmed into the app version. Maybe even none of that at all is available in the app.