• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question about chapter 15

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am about a week from entering Ch15. I am wondering if anything new is going to be introduced? For example: Woodelves introduced mana, Halflings introduced seeds, and Elementals-Constructs introduced the 3 tiers of sentient goods. What can I expect in Ch15?

Kekune

Nothing new, unless you count the devs' devaluing PPs as "new." Goods-wise, it's just a whole lot more of the same old thing. It's really, REALLY hard on sentient production, esp t6, so expect to add more factories, use a lot of MM spells, and/or do a lot of cross-tier to get what you need.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I went from 1:1:1 sentients to 1:1:6 and cross-traded at massive discounts to move quickly through 15.
With sentients (unlike non-decaying goods) you often hit a streak where you need loads of one tier while the others just rot so cross trading makes a lot of sense.
I also had the advantage of moving through with another player at the same time so we would trade zero stars to each other to reduce decay.
i.e.
it's better to push one city to 500K soap (or whatever) at a time to get a tech done quickly rather than each doing it yourselves and needing many more days of decay.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
How did they devalue PPs? That does not sound good since I use them quite a bit. :(
Settlement resource of apples and oranges
Tech asks for a portal full of apples
Next tech apples
Next tech apples
Next tech apples
Meanwhile your PPs are giving you apples AND totally wasted oranges.
Next 5 techs ask for oranges.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I had 2/2/3 for sentient factories. The houses use S1 for upgrades, the Main uses S2, and the tech tree uses S3 mainly and LOTS of it. Replace some of your mana producers with seeds, and hunker down. The first third the tech needs interim productions.

It's not quite as Soggy says.... it's worse! Later research tech needs apples, oranges, pears and grapefruit, but typically only 3 out of the 4 is used. Hunker in, it's a long chapter.

Kekune

I did this chapter fairly quickly without adding lots of sentient factories (I think I only had one t4, and two each of t5 and t6), but had a lvl11(ish) trade center, a storm phoenix, and a LOT of the relevant spells. (I had simia and eventually the timewarp too, but I don't think I leveled either of them fast enough to make much difference in my sentient goods for ch15.)

I used MM daily, and often fed Stormy and ran a few cycles with time instants. I still did a ton of cross-tier trading to cobble together enough goods to open a tech, and routinely spent everything I had on a tier to beat the decay.

Lelanya

Right? I had over 1000 MMs prior to starting sentients, 800 or so prior to chapter 15, and i struggled to keep them above 200 during Elvenar chapter (but i only have the Fire Phoenix).

StarLoad

From a more relaxed or normal player, Chap 15 required an acceptable amount of goods until you got to the techs (after the 12th) that asked for 150-300K of the second tier Sentient goods. This would likely reduce your inventory to near zero or even completely. Then "Shrooms" and More Shrooms, Oh and Soap and Bismuth, and then to really make your head spin 2 of each and remember you can only build 1 effectively. So if you are boosted in soap that you will need to trade for 150-300K of Shrooms and Bismuth EACH for some techs and then repeats that for the next set of Techs.
This of course all depends on which server you are on and what Item(s) are hoarded and not available for regular trading. Of course, your FS may be able to help you, but heaven forbid you are the first or second at that level as there will be no way for your FS to support you.

You can use PP to help and take some of the pain away, and Yes MM is really helpful, but as @Lelanya noted you best have 1000+ to start with.
I had 500+ and used them all and still barely made it thru.

15 is not a challenge, it is Torture, it was designed in a vacuum without regard to the actual gameplay nor the realities of server differences. I ended up with 5 T6 MFG just to get enough goods to trade for the 1,000,000+ sentient goods OF EACH that I needed for the techs. This is not a fun chapter and for some, it will be the endgame, and others will have depleted their city and become broke and quit mid-chapter others say it was no problem and everyone else is overreacting or was just not prepared. We all have our own opinions, yes but HOW does one prepare to have millions of goods that decay every night available for this chapter and do that in the chapter?

Again just my opinion

Edited for a typo and to add something I just thought of ... Chapter 15 is by its design requiring you to step up your game and be on more than 1 or 2 times a day and god forbid if you only play 1 to 3 times a week, you will never get through 15. To me, unless you are spending several hours per day to make and collect T6 goods and Seeds and facilitate trades you will have a very hard time with this chapter.

Last edited:

Lelanya

Agree with @ed1960 this chapter is NOT actually feasible for a part time player at all. When 16 looked the same I screeched to a halt as I decided to bring my best city through 15, and hunt for a good way to cover the picture of the Ogress that ate Queen Sidhe (she scares me! Ugghh). I still only have 270 MM spells so may be in Embassies for quite a while, if I ever move on. Is there any way to get an Advisor removed from rotation @helya?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Of course, your FS may be able to help you, but heaven forbid you are the first or second at that level as there will be no way for your FS to support you.
I am the most advanced player in 2 of my 3 fellowships. This should be fun. lol

shimmerfly

15 is not a challenge, it is Torture, it was designed in a vacuum without regard to the actual gameplay nor the realities of server differences. I ended up with 5 T6 MFG just to get enough goods to trade for the 1,000,000+ sentient goods OF EACH that I needed for the techs. This is not a fun chapter and for some, it will be the endgame, and others will have depleted their city and become broke and quit mid-chapter others say it was no problem and everyone else is overreacting or was just not prepared. We all have our own opinions, yes but HOW does one prepare to have millions of goods that decay every night available for this chapter and do that in the chapter?
I agree entirely. This will probably be my last chapter. I've noticed a few cities around me have stopped in this chapter.
I like a challenge but I hate this one. Hate it hate it hate it!

Kekune

15 through 17 felt like this for me. One of my fellows calls it the "hold my beer" style of game design. Goes like this:

Players: Holy cow, this latest chapter is rough. Could it get any worse?
Devs: Hold my beer and watch this.

On the plus side, ch18 seems to buck this trend. It's not fast, but it's more enjoyable.

StarLoad

I agree entirely. This will probably be my last chapter. I've noticed a few cities around me have stopped in this chapter.
I like a challenge but I hate this one. Hate it hate it hate it!
Wait till you get a load of Chap 16 and what it demands of you .... If you do keep going you will need more than "a" cold one you need "Millions" of them .... LOL

hvariidh gwendrot

time consuming (with help it speeds up) but you should find it doable .. i mostly agree with the part timers getting squeezed out due to decay rates and such, but still doable, just even more time consuming