• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question about Halflings

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am in the early stages of Halflings and am starting to develop my settlement. I am trying to figure out what to prioritize. If I upgrade the Spring Grove first, will the 20% production bonus only apply to the Halfling Farms? Or will it apply to both the Farms and the Grain Fields?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Upgrade the portal to level 4 as fast as you can. After that, you can use portal profits to help you through the rough parts. I'm researching the ancient wonders at the moment on Halflings (the last tech) and portal profits really helped me tremendously, since I didn't have a ton of room for grain fields and farms.

hvariidh gwendrot

i did the same as Darielle and used PP spells to blaze through that chapter in a flash
edit add: yes i used speed ups and PP spells to get portal to 4 in about 30 seconds, i wanted to clarify after reading a few more posts below

Last edited:

edeba

If portal profits can be used to upgrade the portal, that's the best play. A lot of people think wait until the portal is fully upgraded to use the portal profits because you get more when it is fully upgraded, but if you actually work out the math, it works out better to upgraded using the portal profits.

Darielle

If portal profits can be used to upgrade the portal, that's the best play. A lot of people think wait until the portal is fully upgraded to use the portal profits because you get more when it is fully upgraded, but if you actually work out the math, it works out better to upgraded using the portal profits.
Please tell us the math formula you've worked out. I'd be very interested!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Deal is, everything produces more as the portal is upgraded. The sooner it is higher, the more you will make, so it only makes sense to use PPs if they will work. There are chapters they will not, like Orc or Woodelf; why not enjoy this support while you can?
Everyone should still make a stab at guest race productions, and attempt to embrace the core lessons of each guest they are hosting. And we all have our breaking point, right? Mine is Elemental chapter, ugh.

Darielle

No worries; I just did the math. Yes, if you have a good amount of portal profits, it is a great idea. I just calculated that you need 21 portal profits at 10 percent each, in order to fully upgrade the portal without any grain fields or farms. And if you have 50 percent portal profits, then you only need 4 of those plus one 10 percent. That's not bad. I don't know why I didn't think of it. Boy that saves a huge amount of space, and you don't even have to bother to buy one farm. I may try that in Elementals, if I earn enough pps from the spire. Lately, it seems that all I get are portal profits. Froggie was stingy this time, giving me a 10 percenter. But they sure do come in handy! :)

Darielle

Deal is, everything produces more as the portal is upgraded. The sooner it is higher, the more you will make, so it only makes sense to use PPs if they will work. There are chapters they will not, like Orc or Woodelf; why not enjoy this support while you can?
Everyone should still make a stab at guest race productions, and attempt to embrace the core lessons of each guest they are hosting. And we all have our breaking point, right? Mine is Elemental chapter, ugh.
That's true; you'd wind up not doing many of the quests for the chapter. I'm really slow at going through the chapters. I have 90K more points than another member of my team, but we both started advanced scouts in elementals today. I usually take a break between chapters to build up and wait for the FA to save the space.

I'll have to think about that ... the spirit of Elvenar is important, but the chapters can get a bit tedious.