• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question About This Second Event?

Lemon Wren

Holy moly, I'm busy with work for a couple of weeks and come back to two events happening simultaneously. On top of the Cauldron, which I don't really understand, lol.

My immediate question though is:

Why do some prizes remain locked, even though I've reached them in the rewards line? And will it get unlocked at some point? Or is this something I have to spend actual money to unlock?

Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 3.32.45 PM.png

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Lemon Wren
Once you either complete or decline the cycling quest giver that remained on your screen, those go away completely now. The storyline quest giver is the only regular quest giver that remains. I look at this new Seasons as a replacement for the cycling quests (which I admittedly just ignored for years now). These seem to complete fairly easily for me and the rewards are about as lame as the ones they replace, but so far I'm not bored enough with them to just ignore them. Yet. We'll see, but if they auto-complete themselves for the most part, it doesn't hurt my feelings for lame rewards to land in my city. For at least one city, for 2 cycles now, I've completely forgotten to claim the chest for completing all the dailies. Just forgot it was there. On my first login after the new day started, the reward for the 'daily chest' was a pop-up and a notification (on browser; not sure about mobile). One city got a small supply instant today; the other (that's parked right now and doesn't need it) got some unurium. Nothing to rave about, but all I had to do was log in, just playing my cities.
*Note: right now I'm keeping a few lvl 1 WS and factories out to handle some of the quests; that's why I say I'm not ignoring them. Seems like I always have some of those around for events, etc. Now, I'm just planning for future bldgs by putting lvl 1 stuff in where those bldgs will go. Think reserving space for a residence upgrade where the extra space is behind the house. Move the house back, put in one extra road square to touch the house and stick a lvl 1 factory in the open squares now next to the street.

Lemon Wren

Any idea how often this offer happens, or when it is likely to occur next?
I haven't noticed a pattern, but I'm pretty oblivious when it comes to such things. It doesn't happen all that often, though.

Others have noticed (theorized?) here that if you buy diamonds without waiting for a sale or buy when it's a lesser sale that you won't get the 200% extra diamonds for free offer until you've stopped buying diamonds for less generous terms. Basically I guess the algorithm figures offering 200% for cheapskates like me is better than nothing.

So if you're patient, you'll eventually get that offer, I bet. I even get it now on my first account, which I did buy diamonds without an extra incentive when I first started playing. So you don't get locked out forever - you just have to resist buying them until you get that offer. Oh! And buy through your computer, not a phone, as Apple and Google both take a cut when you buy through your phone so you get less.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 4.24.37 PM(1).png

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Totally random. On another ID, I got the offer in one city shortly after I started the city.

Since 2019, when I started this ID, Darielle, I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever gotten a 200 percent offer or even a 100 percent offer. Did I say ever enough? And can you tell there's a bit of frustration in my voice?

And I may as well tell you, I haven't bought diamonds on Dari since October of 2019, when my son was kind enough to surprise me with them when he came on the game while I was upstairs. I think his wonderful gesture is what caused my diamond dearth of offers, but of course I'll never tell him that. It's the thought that counts.

Sodbury

Thank you both. I'd imagined maybe a holiday-centered schedule or some such. I did have the offer once, but it evaporated while I was distracted. I don't think I'm built for marketing mindgames. I'll just have to wait and see what comes up.

free-spirit

I went years without an offer of over 20%. Then one day, about three years after I started playing, a 100% popped up. Now I get the 200% every so often, but it never gives me the popup. I discover it randomly when I'm in the Diamond shop collecting my daily gift.

Sodbury

Now I get the 200% every so often, but it never gives me the popup. I discover it randomly when I'm in the Diamond shop collecting my daily gift.
It would never have occurred to me that I'd need to check the shop myself, thanks.

So the deals are tailored to individual players and are not always advertised. Useful info!

free-spirit

It would never have occurred to me that I'd need to check the shop myself, thanks.

So the deals are tailored to individual players and are not always advertised. Useful info!
I don't think that's intended but I check for it now and I've discovered it a few times. I only see it every few months.