• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question RE: Cauldron potion and settlement bonus

Skyenara

I love the cauldron --it's now part of my Sunday morning routine!
I've improved the affect for Gift of the High Men to lv 82, on its way to 83 (Max possible strength is 20.2% for 15.09 hours)

I brewed my potion. The results are: Settlement Resource Production Bonus is 39.4% for just short of 43 hours (also have 243.4% bonus to T1 goods for just over 30 hours).

In chapter 19, this is noted as: the regular production for my creatures of light from the portal (lv 3) is 144 + 58 (settlement production bonus) + 62 (AW bonus/BTG is lv 32) + 57 (Potion Effect Boost) for a total of 321 creatures of light.

My question is regarding the portal production for the ultimate creatures. The note on the portal says regular production is 75, and production boost is 63 --but I kinda think that's from BTG and no affect from potion, which doesn't seem right -- can anyone please explain? What am I not undrestanding? Please advise?

Pheryll

Set Designer
My question is regarding the portal production for the ultimate creatures. The note on the portal says regular production is 75, and production boost is 63 --but I kinda think that's from BTG and no affect from potion, which doesn't seem right -- can anyone please explain? What am I not undrestanding? Please advise?

The ultimate creatures do not get the portal bonus (settlement production bonus) as they are made at the portal. This is the usual case for guest race buildings up to chapter 20. The portal gives a bonus to all other settlement buildings, but its own production is determined by the portal level and not influenced by the settlement bonus as well (I think the construct chapter is an exception to this rule).

Last edited:

Skyenara

The ultimate creatures do not get the portal bonus (settlement production bonus) as they are made at the portal. This is the usual case for guest race buildings up to chapter 20. The portal gives a bonus to all other settlement buildings, but its own production is determined by the portal level and not influenced by the settlement bonus as well (I think the construct chapter is an exception to this rule).
--Thank you for responding. I suppose it makes sense but it feels like a VERY FINE semantic line. Much appreciated explanation though!

Skyenara

Just a note about my initial question and observation. The potion has expired and it turns out that it DOES impact production of the ultimate creatures. This morning the regular production is 75 and the production boost is only 33. I'd just never recorded the difference before! This makes me very happy, (and a little embarrassed!).

Cheers!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Right you get the potion effect boost (of 39.4% in your case) but not the portal boost (of 40% in your case).

I remember many of the guest races chapters where the BTG bonus did boost the productions in the portal. The only one I can definitely say did not was chapter 18 and the stupid badges that are one per production slot, no matter what,

Skyenara

The Cauldron opens every Saturday evening at 6PM Eastern Time, if you don't want to wait until Sunday.
Yep! I'm aware. I always opt to start Sunday morning because I know I can make more collections on Sundays AND do the spire. It's a nice way to start the day!