• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question regarding recruiting and "political correctness"...

DeletedUser3821

Ok, this feels a bit awkward, but I want feedback and hopefully, I can word it correctly.

I have a wonderful member in my FS, but english isn't her first language. Is it wrong to politely ask for spanish speaking players when recruiting? I want her to have someone to chat with, and none of us are fluent in spanish. I use google translate to chat and help her, but I don't feel it's enough. :(

What would you do?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3821

Thank you Ashrem! I was hoping that would be the case, but wouldn't want to offend anyone. :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm surprised that there isn't a spanish server. I've heard there are 21 "regions"-- with 20 countries that speak spanish I figured one of those regions would cater to them.

Thistleknot

Not mention, it is you're fellowship. I'm not worried about political correctness so much as common courtesy and respect. Advertise respectfully and there shouldn't be an issue. You might even ask your Spanish-speaking member for some advice on how to best advertise or if it even matters to her.