• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question

Crikee

Does anyone remember the name of the website that helps with city layouts, etc.? It's not the Gems of Knowledge site. I had it bookmarked on my old laptop, which has died. Now I can't remember what it's called. Trying to help new FS members.

CrusaderMichael

someone in my FA showed me this, that elvenstats has an older snapshot of your city, but if you scroll down at elvenstats it has an update link there, that if you click first, then click the elvenarchitect link from elvenstats, the architect load of your city will be current.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Okay thanks that's it. I forgot about it not being mobile friendly. So it won't help me, but it could help some other newbies to our FS,

Even if it's not mobile friendly it's very useful if you have a friend with a PC and/or, somebody in your fellowship who can look at your "mobile only" city and re-arrange it. Then they can send you the link and you can see what they have done to improve things. I've done that on quite a few occasions because I really find the "arranging" of cities the best part of my fun. Probably done it for scores of people over the years.

AJ

Kekune

Then they can send you the link and you can see what they have done to improve things.
I can't move the view on mobile, so I can see only a very tiny portion of a layout in Architect. This is a nice idea, but wouldn't help much.

oeferbii

I used it on Monday to reorganise a city to maximise space. I was delighted with the efficient layout............three hours later, I realised I had enough mana and supplies for a main hall upgrade but not quite enough space to accommodate the larger building. Ugh! It's a great tool though - I use it a lot.

Iyapo1

I can't move the view on mobile, so I can see only a very tiny portion of a layout in Architect. This is a nice idea, but wouldn't help much.
When you go in on mobile if you switch it to desktop mode it will zoom out. You still cant use it but you can at least see it.

Sprite1313

The report function works, too, so you can see how much mana, seeds, orcs, etc, you are producing each day, and find any buildings that are older chapters that you might want to upgrade. You can also run the macros to highlight buildings of various types. It's not fully functional, but it does have some usefulness.

Kekune

When you go in on mobile if you switch it to desktop mode it will zoom out. You still cant use it but you can at least see it.
Can you show or explain this further? If that's an option on my phone, I still can't figure out how to do it.

Edited to add: I see how to toggle "desktop version" in my phone browser. But that still only shows part of my city. A bigger part, but not the whole thing and I can't seem to pan around to see all of it.

Iyapo1

Once you get it in desktop mode you can go into the elvenarchitect settings(between help and report buttons) and rotate the map.

And no, I cant pan in mobile either...but I can rotate the map.

Kekune

@Iyapo1 that mostly works. There's one corner I still can't see no matter what zooming or rotating I do... but that's better than I've been able to do in the past. Thanks for the tip.

Sprite1313

C1508E81-DEA9-486A-8A81-42B9434175C8.jpeg

That’s how I do it on mobile (iPad); I honestly haven’t tried it on my phone.