• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Question

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I have an android, but do not know what an "Android 5" is..I got my phone 2 years ago almost. Am I okay? Mine is a 5g internet thing is that what they mean? I have the S20FE. (Fan edition)

elvenbee

I have an android, but do not know what an "Android 5" is..I got my phone 2 years ago almost. Am I okay? Mine is a 5g internet thing is that what they mean? I have the S20FE. (Fan edition)
It should be the operating system you have on your Android phone. Android 5 was released in 2016 based on what I found from a Google search. It also gave me this - "What phones can run Android 5? Nexus 5. Nexus 4. Nexus 7 (both versions) Nexus 10." Hopefully that helps?

Silver Lady

To find the Android version you’re using go to Settings -- About — Software Information
If you don’t have these exact menu options try googling for software version ‘insert your device here’

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It should be the operating system you have on your Android phone. Android 5 was released in 2016 based on what I found from a Google search. It also gave me this - "What phones can run Android 5? Nexus 5. Nexus 4. Nexus 7 (both versions) Nexus 10." Hopefully that helps?
If it came out that long ago I'm definitely okay. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The announcement is under 'Android', but the post itself says it also applies to iOS 11 and below. iOS is now on 15 (at least on my ipad, lol!), so unlikely to be an issue for most, but still. Wonder how many users there are in the ?% of players who ever even visit the forums? It really does deserve an in-game announcement. Failure to do so will only increase the work for customer support. Those folks are mostly volunteers and I'd think anything that lessens the number of tickets helps keep them around thus impacting Inno's bottom line. Increased tickets would likely (sooner or later) result in needing paid staff, I think? That couldn't be viewed as company progress could it?

Edit: to strike through the inaccurate portion of my post.

elvenbee

The announcement is under 'Android', but the post itself says it also applies to iOS 11 and below. iOS is now on 15 (at least on my ipad, lol!), so unlikely to be an issue for most, but still. Wonder how many users there are in the ?% of players who ever even visit the forums? It really does deserve an in-game announcement. Failure to do so will only increase the work for customer support. Those folks are mostly volunteers and I'd think anything that lessens the number of tickets helps keep them around thus impacting Inno's bottom line. Increased tickets would likely (sooner or later) result in needing paid staff, I think? That couldn't be viewed as company progress could it?

Edit: to strike through the inaccurate portion of my post.
We actually lost a couple of members a few months ago because they were only able to play on old tablets, once they updated the version required, their iOS was phased out and they couldn't log on anymore /:

So, it probably doesn't impact a large % of players, but even the small % it WILL impact should be enough to make it an in-game announcement