• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions About Badges

DeletedUser20747

I'm a very new player, only been playing for about 3 days, but my Fellowship keeps talking about badges, and I just can't seem to figure out how to contribute. I've searched the Forums, and I can't seem to find any answers there, either.

So, here's what I know:
- Badges are created through Fellowship Adventures (FAs)
- They cycle and you can refuse a quest (?) so that you get a chance at a different kind of badge
- Certain numbers of certain kinds of badges are needed to accomplish each FA

Here's what I've been told (these contradict somewhat):
- There's a quest menu on the left side of my screen other than my city building quests, and that's where I can get badges
- It's a drop-down menu from the top of my browser
- I can only get badges when there's a Tournament going on
- I can only get to the badge selection menu when I'm on the World Map screen
- I can only access badges by playing on a PC
- Badges are available using either PC or mobile app
- It has something to do with the number of relics that I have or what I have boosted
- There's an event timer on the left side of the screen, and the drop-down menu for badges is close to it.

I wish I knew how to screenshot because that would make this a lot easier, but I don't know how, so I will have to do the best I can by telling you. This is what I see on my screen (in both mobile app and PC):
- There is no event timer, even during Tournaments
- I can see the menu for my city building quests, and a bell icon that tells me when someone helps me (neighborly help?), but nothing else.
- Also on the left of the screen: my profile, my Fellowship (which only links me to the Fellowship overview and a ranked list of members), and my ranking points
- Across the top: Builders, population, Culture, My name and KPs, drop-down menu for standard goods, coins, supplies, and diamonds
- The right side of the page only contains my Fellowship chat and Settings options
-On my World Map, during a Tournament, I see the provinces that qualify for the Tournament, and a countdown to when I can next attack/negotiate, but nothing that seems to apply to badges

So, what can I do? Am I missing something? Do I need to reach a certain level? Be in a Fellowship for a certain amount of time before I can help with badges? Unlock certain boosts? Other new players in my Fellowship are asking the same questions, but no one seems able to explain it to us. Screenshots would help greatly! Thank you!

DeletedUser3297

If you joined the fellowship after the Fellowship Adventure started you are not able to contribute badges for that Adventure. This is why you are not seeing the questlines to make badges. Next time, just make sure you are in a Fellowship before the Adventure starts ( or stay in the one you are in if you like it).

Check out this post by Gems of Knowledge so you have a better understanding for next time :)

For more great info on how to play Elvenar, check here:
https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If you've only been playing 3 days you can't contribute. If you join a fellowship after the Adventures start, you do not get access to the quests. Since the Adventures launched last Thursday, you obviously joined after they started.

DeletedUser20747

Thank you both so much! That really helped! I have one more really dumb question. I think I already know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway just to be 100% sure. So, the FAs are NOT linked to the Tournaments, right? I ask because my Fellowship made it sound like the FAs and the Tournaments were the same thing. We are currently in a Steel Tournament, which I think started yesterday? I'm contributing to the Tournament as much as I can. The Tournaments and FAs are not only separate events, but are on different time tables, right?

DeletedUser20396

Yes. The tourney starts on Tuesday of every week and ends on Saturday. The FA only starts when it wants to and ends so too. But this one started on Thursday of last week, and ends today in 6 hr. The steel tourney is definitely different than the FA Adventure. :)

DeletedUser20747

Maybe later. I'm still just trying to find my way around. Thank you for the offer, though! I'll keep it in mind. :cool:

DeletedUser20396

yw. I don't do it personally, but can send you to 2 other people. :)

DeletedUser2768

I second what Saphirra has said. Those of us that have been around for a while DO NOT begrudge new players asking questions. There are a few that have been around a while that SHOULD know what they're doing, so they get met with sarcasm. Then there are the few that ask a question and don't like the answer so they argue with everyone. They're also met with sarcasm.

@Erebwen, you don't appear to be either of those. Mykan has made quite a few guides for players that are fantastic. Just type in "Mykan's guide" in the search box in the top right corner. I have the one for guest races bookmarked.

DeletedUser20747

I second what Saphirra has said. Those of us that have been around for a while DO NOT begrudge new players asking questions. There are a few that have been around a while that SHOULD know what they're doing, so they get met with sarcasm. Then there are the few that ask a question and don't like the answer so they argue with everyone. They're also met with sarcasm.

@Erebwen, you don't appear to be either of those. Mykan has made quite a few guides for players that are fantastic. Just type in "Mykan's guide" in the search box in the top right corner. I have the one for guest races bookmarked.

Thank you, @RosehawkATA! I'm new to *this* game, but I've played others like it before. Every game is a bit different, and the terminology & challenges are different, so I'm trying to learn the ropes of this one as a new player. I believe in being respectful and helping each other. To that end, I'm currently looking for a new Fellowship where I can be an active member. I will check Mykan's guides from now on when I get stuck, but I will also know that it's ok to ask questions if I'm unclear on something. :)

DeletedUser2768

Thank you, @RosehawkATA! I'm new to *this* game, but I've played others like it before. Every game is a bit different, and the terminology & challenges are different, so I'm trying to learn the ropes of this one as a new player. I believe in being respectful and helping each other. To that end, I'm currently looking for a new Fellowship where I can be an active member. I will check Mykan's guides from now on when I get stuck, but I will also know that it's ok to ask questions if I'm unclear on something. :)

Check out elvenstats.com to help you vet fellowships. It's AWESOME!! and 100% player created.