• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions about fellowships, good and bad, expected?

DeletedUser3979

So, joined a fellowship, leader is VERY friendly, which is nice, however I was wondering if you guys could list things fellowships should have, and shouldn't, and if it's normal to have a lot of rules(I dont care for rules, It's not like I'm on 24/7 to worry about them anywho.)

Also, is there anyway to check members in someones fellowship, and the last they logged on?

I'm just trying to get a rough idea, because while I don't want to FS "hop" to find the right place, I'm trying to find a active place with cool people.

Only problem with my current one is it's a "secondary" or a FS that's not really looked into a lot, leader admitted to having a FS for every world, which is cool, but I'd like to be in a FS that just focuses on one, so people are active.

DeletedUser9131

(wow this is going to be a fast response)

So, from my knowledge so far, the rules are usually expected, but they tend to be for "fair trade" guilds, which allow for easy and fair trading between the players, so they can get the resources they need without trying to get the bad side of the deal because they need a certain resource, this means fair trades as in 2-3 stars for the trade offer, as compared to a 0 or 1 star trade

EX of good trade and bad:

Good: 10steel for 10plank
Bad: 10steel for 20plank

Fair trade guilds are made to avoid the bad, which allows its players to advance quicker because they wont hit that harsh wall of needing materials.

It depends for rules, if it's something like, "Everyone needs to visit eachother 4x a week" or something of the sort, those are generally made to help everyone out.

Its up to you honestly, I'm sorta in the FS "hop" idea, more so just to find an active bunch.(though it's an idle game so I'm not sure what to expect

Just my two cents, take everything I said with a grain of salt as I'm pretty new too, but that's what I've learned.

DeletedUser3979

(wow this is going to be a fast response)

So, from my knowledge so far, the rules are usually expected, but they tend to be for "fair trade" guilds, which allow for easy and fair trading between the players, so they can get the resources they need without trying to get the bad side of the deal because they need a certain resource, this means fair trades as in 2-3 stars for the trade offer, as compared to a 0 or 1 star trade

EX of good trade and bad:

Good: 10steel for 10plank
Bad: 10steel for 20plank

Fair trade guilds are made to avoid the bad, which allows its players to advance quicker because they wont hit that harsh wall of needing materials.

It depends for rules, if it's something like, "Everyone needs to visit eachother 4x a week" or something of the sort, those are generally made to help everyone out.

Its up to you honestly, I'm sorta in the FS "hop" idea, more so just to find an active bunch.(though it's an idle game so I'm not sure what to expect

Just my two cents, take everything I said with a grain of salt as I'm pretty new too, but that's what I've learned.

What if I started my own FS? Are there any tips you would recommend me?

DeletedUser9131

What if I started my own FS? Are there any tips you would recommend me?

As a fellow newcomer, I'd really recommend you play the game for a bit to get a solid understanding, atleast get through chapter 1 so you get the basics(chapter 1 is in the research menu, then when you get to the chest, you're in chapter 2 "evolving"

Hopefully someone can toss in some advice, I really don't want to lead you in the wrong direction with my little experience of FS.

Something to look into would be a discord however, so when people are off, they can get messages from the new players.

DeletedUser2824

If you are looking for an active, but non-competitive kind of fellowship, you generally want one with just a few good rules that focus on things that benefit everyone in the fellowship. It's been my experience that the two things that most determine how healthy a fellowship is are trades and visits. In my fellowship I focus my rules around these two things. Rules that discourage unfair and cross tier trades (barring emergencies or prearrangement) are common in an experienced fellowship, and the number of visits required a week is usually used as a rating for how how active or relaxed a fellowship is. While a competitive fellowship will be looking for people willing to get on and do everything each day to keep up in the ranks, most non-competitive fellowships will be somewhere between wanting to stay active and enjoy the game without being pressured to perform.

If you like the atmosphere of your fellowship, chances are you'll be happy staying there as you learn more about the game. If not everyone is visiting on a regular basis, it could just mean that some of the members have a lot of life going on. The fellowship could also have some inactives needing to be replaced, which isn't as easy as it sounds if your trying to keep your boosted goods rounded out. As long as everyone stays positive and focuses on being as active as their scheduled allows, the fellowship will overcome it's hurdles and thrive. :)

Check out my Fellowship Handbook if you are interested in learning more about being in and running a fellowship.

DeletedUser7904

My fellowship (A Place for Newbies) didn't have any rules at all and is super laid back with 24 members but only about 12 members actively playing. So we recently had a big group chat about enforcing a few rules just to help the fellowship out as a team. Like we decided to delete members who haven't played in awhile. We discussed visiting everyone at least once a week (not nearly as demanding as some groups who require everyday). We are learning together as a fellowship and one thing we are learning is that a few small rules are necessary to help grow the team overall. And if you play regularly then you'll want to be a part of an active fellowship because you'll want to trade goods at some point and you'll want that extra boost you get from visiting your fellowship members.

The Unbeliever

It's also IMHO, desirable to find a fellowship that can at least manage the 3rd chest each week in the tournaments...
It's not that demanding of members, and a measuring stick I like to use is to find a fellowship where at least half the members at least play the 1st round of the 1st province.
My 'worst' personal experience for example, during one of my boosted weeks, I had 60% of our fellowship's overall pts total, and we didn't even get the second chest!
That cost me a tone of resources, (both in troops & goods/supplies), and I got screwed over hard on the rewards, because there were only like 2-3 other people out of 23 overall members who bothered to play!

Tournaments are a necessity IMO to growing, as they are a constant source of relics. (keep cooking up spells, adding 2-3+ 'level boosts' during your boosted week, and eventually for helping to upgrade AW's!)
A fellowship that ignores tournies means you end up further behind, as your only source of relics will be provinces, and the occasional event quests.

This week alone for example, I've earned like 30+ gems relics + 2 'level-up' boosts, AND, my fellowship should easily make the 4th chest, thereby garnering everyone and additional 9 relics iirc on Saturday when rewards are handed out!
And that's on top of all the extra KP's, a couple runeshards, and a few more spells to boot!:D

DeletedUser1094

So, joined a fellowship, leader is VERY friendly, which is nice, however I was wondering if you guys could list things fellowships should have, and shouldn't, and if it's normal to have a lot of rules(I dont care for rules, It's not like I'm on 24/7 to worry about them anywho.)

Also, is there anyway to check members in someones fellowship, and the last they logged on?

I'm just trying to get a rough idea, because while I don't want to FS "hop" to find the right place, I'm trying to find a active place with cool people.

Only problem with my current one is it's a "secondary" or a FS that's not really looked into a lot, leader admitted to having a FS for every world, which is cool, but I'd like to be in a FS that just focuses on one, so people are active.

I don't use fellowships too many rules fellowships are really not needed you can make all you need alone. fellowships are very big on trading again make your own stuff. Fellowships help all its members but you pay to the leader in product or supplies, you do not help others outside your fellowships this is why I get little help from fellowships but it depends on your fellowship rules i know i was once a fellowship founder/leader too much BS I went out on my own been much happier since I did.

edeba

I have never heard of paying the leader of a fs... Interesting twist to fs that you were in.

I don't use fellowships too many rules fellowships are really not needed you can make all you need alone. fellowships are very big on trading again make your own stuff. Fellowships help all its members but you pay to the leader in product or supplies, you do not help others outside your fellowships this is why I get little help from fellowships but it depends on your fellowship rules i know i was once a fellowship founder/leader too much BS I went out on my own been much happier since I did.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

Extract from my guide:
Every fellowship is different and will have different rules. If you would like to join a fellowship you will need to find one that meets your needs and playstyle. Areas that fellowships often look at when selecting players:
  • Score – Usually used to ensure you have achieved a certain technology level, certain level of development or to maintain a high rank
  • Rank – Usually used to maintain a fellowship in a high ranking
  • Technology and buildings related to goods – Used if a fellowship wants to ensure all member can benefit equally from trades or are at a similar technology level
  • Activity – Different measures and rules are regularly used when it comes to activity
    • Number of visits to fellowship members is the most common and this can vary from a daily requirement, to a few times a week to no requirement
    • Increasing score over a set time, usually a week.
    • Tournament participation
    • Talking in chat or messages
    • Amount of acceptable absence whether notified or unannounced – This varies from a set time if notification is given to no limit as long as absence was notified. Most fellowships have less patience if an absence is not announced to relevant parties.
Fellowships might use some or all of these different requirements or other unique ones. Look for a fellowship that suits your level of competitiveness, strategy and expected activity level. A fellowship that fits you will greatly enhance your play experience.

Many fellowships only have a couple rules while some have lots. I also know of some successful ones that have minimal to no rules. If a fellowship is not a good fit for your play style and activity you are likely to be unhappy there.

Sadly no, there are minimal tools for fellowship leaders to help them manage a fellowship. There is a way to see if a person is logged in at the same time as you but thats it.

When I have moved fellowships in more recent times I always message the leaders of possible fellowship, something you can do without hopping around. If their fellowship page does not provide the information I want I will ask them. It also helps them to know your more serious than someone who just hit apply but no message. I personally always ask now about visits, wonders, tournaments, and sometimes trading/boosts as these areas can impact me and my play style. When and how they respond will also let you gauge a bit about their fellowship and approach.

While this can require sending a few messages it tends to reduce the need to hop. Every time I have done this I have found a suitable fellowship where I could stay.

Having a fellowship with people who play 1 or lots of towns makes little difference. It comes down to the persons approach and free time. People with 1 town can have less time than those with lots. The style you described though is unlikely to suit you along with the activity level.

The best thing you can do is figure out the key criteria you want in a fellowship and can meet in yourself.
  • Do you want daily visits? or once a week? somewhere in between?
  • Do you want to be reporting in every time something happens in your personal life? If no then you want a fellowship that requires less visits a week and is somewhat relaxed
  • Do you want a competitive or relaxed fellowship?
  • Is tournaments participation important to you. Do you want rules on participation or just to know the fellowship does well? Ask the prospective fellowship which chest reward they have achieved for the last 1-3 tournaments, does this suit you?
  • Do they have a wonder program? Is levelling wonders important to you? What is the program, will it work for you? Something to consider long before halflings as it will make a difference then.
  • Do you want a social fellowship and lots of talking? no talking?
  • Does the fellowship use a website/forum? Do you want to have to sign up to it to be involved?
  • Whats your views on trading? Boosts only, should others be the same? Are their mix of boosts good or one sided? 7-9 boosts of one type is good/balanced. 6 and 10 is a bit lopsided but manageable. Are the goods they are short in the ones you have?
  • Do you want to be with new players or experienced? All at the same level or don't care?
  • Level of players in terms of trading? Happy for brand new players? Want only people in chapter 3 up who have all goods?
If you work out this for yourself you will know what does and doesn't work for you and will be much better placed to find the right fellowship to suit you.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Fellowships help all its members but you pay to the leader in product or supplies
Um what? That's not even possible.
fellowships are very big on trading again make your own stuff.
Making everything yourself means that you make about 80% less because non-boosted factories are terrible.
This game is designed around trading, and your progress is severely hampered by flying solo.

SimplyNoble

I have only been in one and to be honest I have no interests in leaving.

What I love about Venedictos
We have a great bunch of active people. Most of us play daily. We have a couple who are on all day. Others are in and out as life allows. Mainly due to work or being students. And it is all good. Everyone communicates so we know that if we don't hear from someone for a whole they will be back.

We don't get too obsessed about things like tourneys but the team spirit is pretty fun. Especially on Saturday morning when we push to finish just one more chest. Not everyone gets into it but some do. And it's all good.

We share information. Some of us come to the forums and read a lot and share what we learn. Some are great at crunching numbers and statistics and they help us with strategy. High ranking members help beginners to learn and grow.

We are active in trades and most trades are taken quickly. We don't get too hung up on cross tier trades and we allow and at times encourage uneven trades for newer players.

We are working on more cooperation in KP for AW. Also working on getting more balance with our goods productions.

We also encourage good trade relationships with neighbors.

Many of us just enjoy chatting as we play or just chatting.

Generally there is a great spirit in our group. We have fun and work hard but don't get so serious as to make it a chore to play the game. Our world ranking has been steadily moving up even though we are not particularly focused on rankings.

We have a great AM. He is not overly strict but does encourage and remind. He sometimes does prune the fellowship back if players are just not working but he does not make those choices without a lot of thought and often discussion with other members.

All in all I think we have a really good recipe for a great FS.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7919

I love my fellowship. They snatch up my trades super fast, will give me quick advice, help me upgrade my Ancient Wonders, and truly keep me laughing all day long. I never know what I am going to see in chat and I love logging on and seeing a bunch of comments because I know I will laugh out loud several times.

You do NOT pay the leader ANYTHING to have you in the fellowship. Ever. You accept the trades you can, put up the trades you need, and follow whatever rules apply regarding KP for Ancient Wonders, daily visits, etc ... I would not have gotten as far as I have if I didn't have my fellowship to help me along.

The best fellowships are the ones where the Mages and Archmages actually give a damn and make sure people are participating. If you are in one where the leaders don't care if the members play, allow dead accounts to remain in the fellowship for months at a time, or let their cliques get away with anything . . . leave and find a better one. If you have leaders who don't care how the FS does as a whole . . . leave. If you are discouraged from playing daily or accused of advancing your city too quickly . . . leave. You will find the perfect place for you. You might have to deal with a couple of duds before you find your home, but you DO have a home somewhere in Elvenar and the folks there will celebrate you and your contributions.

:)

DeletedUser9230

I love my fellowship. They snatch up my trades super fast, will give me quick advice, help me upgrade my Ancient Wonders, and truly keep me laughing all day long. I never know what I am going to see in chat and I love logging on and seeing a bunch of comments because I know I will laugh out loud several times.

You do NOT pay the leader ANYTHING to have you in the fellowship. Ever. You accept the trades you can, put up the trades you need, and follow whatever rules apply regarding KP for Ancient Wonders, daily visits, etc ... I would not have gotten as far as I have if I didn't have my fellowship to help me along.

The best fellowships are the ones where the Mages and Archmages actually give a damn and make sure people are participating. If you are in one where the leaders don't care if the members play, allow dead accounts to remain in the fellowship for months at a time, or let their cliques get away with anything . . . leave and find a better one. If you have leaders who don't care how the FS does as a whole . . . leave. If you are discouraged from playing daily or accused of advancing your city too quickly . . . leave. You will find the perfect place for you. You might have to deal with a couple of duds before you find your home, but you DO have a home somewhere in Elvenar and the folks there will celebrate you and your contributions.

:)

This, this right here is what everyone wants from a fellowship.

DeletedUser7894

Real Life has rules, games have rules...what's the difference? If you don't want 'rules', then don't join a Fellowship.

My Fellowship has maybe 4 rules:

1. Real life comes first.
2. Provide Neighborly Help at least 4 times a week.
3. Fair trades only.
4. Let us know if you're going to be absent for more than 3 days in a row...so we don't worry about you.

Rules 2 & 3 are standard for the majority of FSs, but I've seen a few that require a minimum of 5 days. I've also seen FSs that require that you have something 'upgrading' every day, that you participate in Tournaments, that you can't cross-trade and the list goes on.

For us, Rule #2 is strictly for the benefit of the new player...gives them extra coins and supplies, gives them the opportunity to look at other people's layouts and levels, keeps them into the game during slow periods.

Our FS is about having FUN...because that's what games are supposed to. There are about 6 in the FS that are original and about a dozen that have been there for over a year. Around the beginning of the year, we went through a small turnover...went through several people for 3 spaces. I'm constantly giving my KP away...I've even bought KP to help someone level up their AW. And we've had the occasional zero/one-star trade to help a lower level player in need.