• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions about joining a FS

ElviWi

I am really new having never played a game like this before. I have been gathering information from the forum and think I am ready to join a FS. I read the FS blurbs in the world explaining the requirements and get the gist but have a few questions.
I am playing in 3 cities, (Sin, Elcyand Ceravyn) mostly because once I logged out I didn't know what city I was playing in and so started another by accident. I am better now. I am still in chapter 2 and closing in on 3 in Sinya. I have been active in all three and trade often.
Somwhere on the forum I saw a post that a player could only play in one city to join a FS. Is this true? Sounds wrong to me but I like to follow rules when I have no idea what I'm doing. Is it better to wait until I am further along or should I try to join now? Is it the same FS in all the cities or do you join different ones?
I know you guys are way beyond my questions and I appreciate how helpful you are. I have looked at Elvenstats and that just opens another can of worms. So thanks in advance.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
No, each world in Elvenar is on a different server and are completely seperate. Fellowships do not cross worlds, so each of your 3 cities will have to be in different fellowships. And you should go ahead and join a fellowship. It really adds to the play experience. And if you can find a good fellowship, they should be able to answer questions you have and help you learn the game. Plus you need to be in a FS in order to play in the weekly tournament, and I think the tournament is an important part of the game.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'll take a stab at answers:
The only thing your cities share between worlds are diamonds. Otherwise, each city is independent and will be in different FS's. I only have 2 cities, but they're in very different style FS's, too, and I'm happy in both.
Join a FS asap as far as I'm concerned. I recommend new players find one with a range of players in different chapters; then there are folks at different stages with different needs and everyone can be of more help to one another.

Gladiola

@ElviWi As noted above, cities on different worlds will join different fellowships, although there are fellowships that have "branches" in each of the world and may have some members who play in the sister fellowships on some or all worlds.

It is also permissible under the rules to have more than one city in a given world and even in the same fellowship, although using one city only to benefit the other, such as by accumulating knowledge points and donating to another city's ancient wonder exclusively, also known as a "push account" is not allowed.

There is a rule about not "inviting" one's own other accounts, but that rule relates to a bonus given for inviting new accounts/players to the game, which doesn't exist on Elvenar but on another game put out by the same company, so it doesn't apply here. It is not related to inviting an account to join a fellowship.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Agree with everything posted by @Gladiola
But wanted to clarify this part:
have more than one city in a given world and even in the same fellowship
Some FS's are ok with this, but some FS's don't allow more than one city per actual person playing. The primary reasons for this: when one member is on vacation/other rl pressures keeping them away from the game, you automatically have 2 members gone if the two cities are one person. And, if the person stops playing the game completely, then you automatically need to recruit 2 more members instead of just one.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Gkyr
Diamonds are account based. I have one account and 2 cities in 2 worlds. The diamond inventory amount is the same in both cities, regardless of which city the diamonds originated in (either from a purchase or winning them). Any diamonds spent in either city is deducted from the inventory in both cities.
Ex: one city is in a Gold Spire FS, the other is Silver. Gold win 275 diamonds each week from the FS bubbles; Silver wins 125. After collecting rewards in both cities, the balance of diamonds increases by 400 in the inventory of both cities. Spend 25 diamonds for an extra guess in diplomacy? The inventory in both cities decreases by 25.

Guurt The Destroyer

@Gkyr
Diamonds are account based. I have one account and 2 cities in 2 worlds. The diamond inventory amount is the same in both cities, regardless of which city the diamonds originated in (either from a purchase or winning them). Any diamonds spent in either city is deducted from the inventory in both cities.
Ex: one city is in a Gold Spire FS, the other is Silver. Gold win 275 diamonds each week from the FS bubbles; Silver wins 125. After collecting rewards in both cities, the balance of diamonds increases by 400 in the inventory of both cities. Spend 25 diamonds for an extra guess in diplomacy? The inventory in both cities decreases by 25.

Wow. I got a bunch of free diamonds when I started. Are you saying that if I started cities in other worlds those diamonds would be usable in my main account?

Or do you only get free diamonds on the first world you start in?

It seems to me that every player would create a city on every world just to transfer the free diamonds to their main city. Maybe this is how it does work and it would explain why so many people have multiple cities.

I am curious about this.

Guurt The Destroyer

I am really new having never played a game like this before. I have been gathering information from the forum and think I am ready to join a FS. I read the FS blurbs in the world explaining the requirements and get the gist but have a few questions.
I am playing in 3 cities, (Sin, Elcyand Ceravyn) mostly because once I logged out I didn't know what city I was playing in and so started another by accident. I am better now. I am still in chapter 2 and closing in on 3 in Sinya. I have been active in all three and trade often.
Somwhere on the forum I saw a post that a player could only play in one city to join a FS. Is this true? Sounds wrong to me but I like to follow rules when I have no idea what I'm doing. Is it better to wait until I am further along or should I try to join now? Is it the same FS in all the cities or do you join different ones?
I know you guys are way beyond my questions and I appreciate how helpful you are. I have looked at Elvenstats and that just opens another can of worms. So thanks in advance.

I just got into chapter 3 today. I am pretty much in the same place as you are.

Join a fellowship ASAP.

Having access to the Tournament makes a big difference as you can farm relics for your boosted resources and get a lot of free KP from the Tournament. If I had to do it over I would join a Fellowship on day 1... any Fellowship. And then look for a more appropriate Fellowship later on once you get a handle on what you need/want from the game.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Out of curiosity, @ElviWi, do you have a fellowship tech after Adv Scouts in Chap 2 before you can browse for fellowships?

Gladiola

@Guurt The Destroyer there are some quests that will give you free diamonds on any world where you complete them, for example the quests to have a certain number of residences and workshops. The first main "story" quest line with the reward of 100 diamonds after 18 quests is only available on the first world where you start a city. Some players also randomly receive free diamonds. (I got 700 in my first city for no reason I could tell, just one day I received a notification that I was getting them.) I don't know if it is possible for that to happen in more than one city.

There are also costs that you will incur on every world such as adding builders or upgrading magic academy -- if you want those features, you have to use diamonds separately in each city, so in the short term a new city might end up costing diamonds for those initial outlays (depending on how you decide to play).

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Out of curiosity, @ElviWi, do you have a fellowship tech after Adv Scouts in Chap 2 before you can browse for fellowships?
No, you can make a city and join a fellowship immediately. For that matter, you can found a brand new city and found a brand new fellowship on the same day. I actually did that it Arendyll. It took 13 months to go from a brand new fellowship to 10 chest status.

Deleted User - 4684565

If I may make an suggestion pace yourself this is a game of strategy not speed , I myself would only start out one city and the reason I say this
I made the mistake of having 8 cities when I first started playing a few years ago and got burned out playing so I stopped playing for a while
now I only have 4 but I pace myself To me I don't buy diamonds it gets expensive I earn them by playing and I also have my own fellowship in Arendyll THE OLD GUARD and I belong in a fellowship in Sinya Arda Long story short for all new players Pace yourselves

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@ElviWi I'm referencing an actually tech called "Fellowship" in the tech tree that follows Adv Scouts in chap 2.
No, you can make a city and join a fellowship immediately. For that matter, you can found a brand new city and found a brand new fellowship on the same day. I actually did that it Arendyll. It took 13 months to go from a brand new fellowship to 10 chest status.

I have someone who can't join bc they have to research that tech first and someone who joined right away in Chap 1. They started their cities within days of each other so this makes no sense. I’m trying to figure out if this is new for everyone now after a date or select random people. It’s very bizarre the game would have two different starting points. The person a chap behind from receiving FS assistance would be at a disadvantage, unless we are supposed to see FS as optional and this is perfectly normal. Since @ElviWi mentioned she was in Chap2, I thought I’d gather more data points and ask.