• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions about joining a FS

Guurt The Destroyer

@ElviWi I'm referencing an actually tech called "Fellowship" in the tech tree that follows Adv Scouts in chap 2.

I have someone who can't join bc they have to research that tech first and someone who joined right away in Chap 1. They started their cities within days of each other so this makes no sense. I’m trying to figure out if this is new for everyone now after a date or select random people. It’s very bizarre the game would have two different starting points. The person a chap behind from receiving FS assistance would be at a disadvantage, unless we are supposed to see FS as optional and this is perfectly normal. Since @ElviWi mentioned she was in Chap2, I thought I’d gather more data points and ask.

You can join and search for a Fellowship almost instantly. It unlocks in less than 30 minutes. As far as I can tell it is impossible to get to Chapter 2 without unlocking Fellowships.

ElviWi

@ElviWi I'm referencing an actually tech called "Fellowship" in the tech tree that follows Adv Scouts in chap 2.

I have someone who can't join bc they have to research that tech first and someone who joined right away in Chap 1. They started their cities within days of each other so this makes no sense. I’m trying to figure out if this is new for everyone now after a date or select random people. It’s very bizarre the game would have two different starting points. The person a chap behind from receiving FS assistance would be at a disadvantage, unless we are supposed to see FS as optional and this is perfectly normal. Since @ElviWi mentioned she was in Chap2, I thought I’d gather more data points and ask.
Crackie I have no mention of Fellowship in my tree. I checked through chapter 10 (or so) and there is nothing there. Maybe it's mobile vs PC?

MagicPagan

Crackie I have no mention of Fellowship in my tree. I checked through chapter 10 (or so) and there is nothing there. Maybe it's mobile vs PC?
I'm on PC and it was one of my quests in early Chapter 2 by the quest slave drivers on the left side of the screen.

Guurt The Destroyer

:eek::eek::eek::eek: WHAT TIME MANAGEMENT SORCERY IS THIS??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am not going to keep the cities. I just ran them for a half hour or so each, and by switching back and forth I spent maybe 2 or 3 hours at most in total. I am done now, and will just focus on my main city. I got 700 gems and I can move on. Upgraded my Magic Academy. Mission accomplished.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

I do not see that tech in my research trees for any of my cities. I have never heard of it either. There *IS* a time limit to how quickly you can join and leave fellowships. If you join a fellowship and then leave it the same day, there is a wait period before you can join a 2nd fellowship. Could this be why your person can't join?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@helya
Could we get some clarification on this issue please? I know something has been mentioned about new cities now needing to unlock a research tech to get access to Fellowships (and I'm pretty sure it was a Ch2 research that was mentioned). Anectdotal evidence supports the idea that not all new cities get this tech and are able to join an FS much earlier. Is the feature undergoing live server testing and thus not available to all users yet?
Thanks for all you do to get answers for us!

Guurt The Destroyer

@helya
Could we get some clarification on this issue please? I know something has been mentioned about new cities now needing to unlock a research tech to get access to Fellowships (and I'm pretty sure it was a Ch2 research that was mentioned). Anectdotal evidence supports the idea that not all new cities get this tech and are able to join an FS much earlier. Is the feature undergoing live server testing and thus not available to all users yet?
Thanks for all you do to get answers for us!

It is a chapter 1 tech. It is like the 2nd tech. I ran 7 cities today. All brand new. The Fellowship opened up for all 7 of them on same tech. It was either Workshop or Glorious Statue. I did them at exact same time so not sure which one triggered the Fellowship. This was on US server.

You can test it yourself with an alt account. It takes like 5 minutes to test.

It would be interesting if it worked different for you or for anyone else.

I just went and checked all those cities to make sure I have access to Fellowship. I do.

I have not researched anything beyond Trader and Armory in any of those 7 cities.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Similar to the way the daily gift is happening (slow roll out to test functionality blah, blah, blah) There is an updated research tree that includes research requirements for different things such an visits and Fellowships. Players with these researches also have different quests, some designed to make them more successful and less frustrated in the early chapters.

Gladiola

@helya I am playing one of those cities on beta, and so far I haven't been more successful or less frustrated. Mainly I'm more frustrated because I can't join a fellowship! But I'm sure that Inno will analyze the patterns among many users and decide how it's working.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
@helya I am playing one of those cities on beta, and so far I haven't been more successful or less frustrated. Mainly I'm more frustrated because I can't join a fellowship! But I'm sure that Inno will analyze the patterns among many users and decide how it's working.
It's it taking longer to get through chapter 1? Most players are through that in a day or 2 and the Fellowship research is the second one in chapter 2.

We've found that players that join a Fellowship right away (not players making a second account, but actual new players) do better if they wait until they've figured out a little bit more of the game before founding or joining a Fellowship. The goal, obviously, is player retention.

Gladiola

@helya I am probably not a typical player. For example, I try to complete province encounters only when the bossy event lady tells me to or I need them for a tournament, which means I progress more slowly than other people, building up a vast stockpile of tradable goods along the way. I'm sure other players will be more useful than I am in evaluating this new mechanic.

Edit: I do think that telling people they should only build boosted manufactories and then leaving them without an effective way to trade their goods is problematic. A new player without a fellowship basically has nothing but trades with fees, most of which are way too big.

Have you thought about putting the Fellowships research directly after Trader and/or just combining it into one Trader/Fellowships research? Or make unlocking fellowships contingent on completing the "Have a Trader" quest? Completing that quest could generate a window with fellowship recommendations, even. My experience is that the vast majority of trades are undertaken with fellows, and it might help to set that tone from the beginning. There's a reason "have a trader" is often seen as a basic requirement for fellowships that accept new players.

Last edited: