• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions about things I have won in the coldfire Phoenix chests

pwmarsh

1. I have won all these portal profits for guest race goods. I am in level 3 is it worth hanging on to these (assume they can be used somewhere down the road) or should i disenchant them for "parts"?
2. Won a bunch of boosters to reduce time. What all can these be used for and how do you use them,? I tried to use to shorten time on some buildings being upgraded but could't figure out how to use so no I'm not certain if thats what they are for.

DeletedUser2768

1. I would keep them. Once you get into guest races (Dwarves in Chapter 5? 6? is the first), they'll be nice to have on hand. They will help you get the guest race goods faster, if you're impatient like I am.

2. Anything that has a timer attached to it. Upgrading buildings, recruiting troops, scouting, etc. Click on the thing you're upgrading/producing and there should be a little hourglass to the right of the timer bar. Click on that hourglass and you should be in a pop up with your time boosters.

Deleted User - 4646370

2. Anything that has a timer attached to it. Upgrading buildings, recruiting troops, scouting, etc. Click on the thing you're upgrading/producing and there should be a little hourglass to the right of the timer bar. Click on that hourglass and you should be in a pop up with your time boosters.
Not completely anything. Productions which aren't manually launched cannot be timeboosted. This includes productions from Residences, AWs, and mana and seeds productions in the later chapters.

DeletedUser25004

I think your first question is answered, but i want to add to the second.
the timeboosters can be used for many things, but you allways know by the symbol of the green bar, showing an hourglass and the remaining time.
timeboost.PNG

If this green bar is next to a production of supplies, goods, upgrades or stuff in the Magic academy, you can press the green bar. and then you will see a screen like this;
time boosters.PNG

Here you use the timeboosts you have in inventory. and you can see the remaining time on the production, so you can use the most fitting instants.

Hope this helps

Crow Last Elf

1. I have won all these portal profits for guest race goods. I am in level 3 is it worth hanging on to these (assume they can be used somewhere down the road) or should i disenchant them for "parts"?

I am only in chapter 6, and if I went back in time, portal profits would be one of the last things I would disenchant for spell fragments. I think a good source of spell fragments in these early chapters are all of the extra buildings that you win in events. I can't place them all, so ones that I will never place, are the first things that I disenchant for spell fragments. If you are not familiar with disenchanting, it is different than selling a building. You can only disenchant a building from your inventory. If you place a building and sell it from your city, you no longer get spell fragments.

If you want to know the relative value of a 20% portal profit, it costs 3,000 spell fragments and 10 CC's in the MA to craft and they are highly prized by players in chpt 6 to something like chpt 14. That information can help you decide how valuable they will become to the typical player.

DeletedUser2768

I think your first question is answered, but i want to add to the second.
the timeboosters can be used for many things, but you allways know by the symbol of the green bar, showing an hourglass and the remaining time. View attachment 7442
If this green bar is next to a production of supplies, goods, upgrades or stuff in the Magic academy, you can press the green bar. and then you will see a screen like this;
View attachment 7443
Here you use the timeboosts you have in inventory. and you can see the remaining time on the production, so you can use the most fitting instants.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the visual aids. I was too lazy to make them myself. :)

DeletedUser2768

Not completely anything. Productions which aren't manually launched cannot be timeboosted. This includes productions from Residences, AWs, and mana and seeds productions in the later chapters.

Point. But those automatic ones also don't have a timer on them like factories, workshops, magic academy, etc. have.