• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Questions on magic residences and non-boosted goods

Gladiola

Way cheaper to sell and rebuild the armory. But I think I'll stick with my city as it is. or maybe ditch the armory at some point.

AtaguS

Way cheaper to sell and rebuild the armory. But I think I'll stick with my city as it is. or maybe ditch the armory at some point.
I ditched my armories at one point early on in the game as well. Eventually you will want them back, and as many as you can build - especially if you want to do well in the tournaments in later chapters. But in the beginning chapters I found the space to be more valuable for manufactories and workshops.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Ok, but remember, FAs are won or lost in the pit and not the maps. You will not run out of statues/necklaces/blacksmiths that you were concerned about. It’s the bracelets and arcanes. A Chap17 city can prob only make one bracelet every 3hrs whereas you have the potential to make several! It also only take maybe three timers for an arcane (and items left to craft in MA), but a crap ton of enchantments and timers for another bracelet. This is where Chap 3 cities are rock stars!

Iyapo1

I will sparkle my 15 or so level 9 marble manus each morning and every 3 hrs, this baby city will be a bracelet making machine! I will go up to my Chap 17 archmage and say, "Yo, wazzup?? How you like 3-4 bracelets every 3hrs!" (snap in a zigzag pattern, turn around, and walk away) I will then have a gigantic stash of marbles to trade, which I will then use to support my Spire gambling habit.
I am trying a catering only build. I kill braclets! Make sure you math it! Check Jackluyt's badge requirements- you might only need an MM on every other manu to get a bracelet. It will let you maximize MM efficiency!

Iyapo1

iirc I was in chapter 2 when the braclets came out. FA loving fellowships will happily welcome you to the ranks. Little cities kill on bracelets!

Of course if you are in a FS with nothing but little cities the blacksmith and brewery badges are going to kill you!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks for the ideas! The major limiting factors in my city are both space and population. I do have six empty squares, but they are not adjacent to a road. I could teleport some factories, but I don't want to lose the production -- goods are still precious to me, and only have 5 teleport spells and would rather save them.

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/bf4de430c1a646aa96caee475d4e36b7/
You could squeeze one marble in by setting the three workshops back from the road, to occupy the empty spaces, and then add three squares of road (in a way to allow you one "twosy" space for a marble). Yes, you'd still have one wasted square, but 1 marble is better than nothing. And while I know that would leave you without an even number, over the course of the FA you could make 2 extra necklaces with just that one marble. And it's also "insurance" in case you accidentally collect one by mistake. I'd do it.

You've got a great layout. Well done.

Gladiola

Thank you @Darielle, I am doing a residence upgrade now to get the population for that. (I upgraded a crystal factory last night so only have 4 population free right now.) A couple more necklaces!

People on the forum including @Kazaaar helped me with my layout, as well as people in my fellowship. I am not naturally gifted at spatial things.