• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Quests for players who don't fight

DeletedUser7756

I would sure like to see another option offered during a quest rather than training troops. In a couple of my villages, I have opted to not even have a barracks because I only negotiate in the provinces. Where I do have a barracks, it's at such a low level that I never have enough time to train the number of troops required in a quest. I know that I could spend time and resources upgrading my barracks, where I do have them, just so that when a Quest requires troops to be trained, it is faster. But I know a lot of players are choosing to negotiate rather than fight and I wish that the makers of the game would accommodate our choice to do that. Also, one of my villages is so small that I have not even reached barracks on the tree...so all those players with small villages are unable to complete any Quest that requires training troops. You already usually require lots of relics and provinces to be won so that should not be the option. Perhaps upgrading a building or producing a certain amount of the boosted good? Adding a culture item? Upgrading the streets to the special paths? There are a lot of things you could require a player to do other than train troops.
thanks for listening. I do love playing this game!

The Unbeliever

It takes a meager 7 hours from beginning a brand new city to open up the barracks tech. So IMHO, that's not even close to a problem...

It would be nice however to ALWASY! have 'either/or' options for things like;
- forced scouting
- forced 'solve 16-24 encounters'
While it's fine to have a couple forced scouts and maybe 16-24 forced 'solve encounters' for the large seasonal events, especially during the multitude of smaller quests, it can become an impassible barrier for players who are either just beginning or just finishing a chapter.

The game could also do with 'balancing' the 'train X troops' quests to player level, just like the 'gain X/Y gold/supplies' quests already are...
For example, training 200-300 troops is nothing for O&G and later players, but can take literally days for Ch1-3 players, especially if they have limited time and/or smaller barracks/armouries in their cities.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The early events were sorta balanced with scouting (easy for newbs, hard for advanced players) and "gain xxx coins/supplies" (easy for adv. hard for newbs)

Now some are chapter based - "gain a decent amount of coins"

If you choose to have a very low level barracks and no armories, that gives you more room/pop/culture for other things, and the penalty is that 1 or 2 quests in the event are harder. It's the same for players that want to save an entire 5x5 space by not building the MA-- they have a harder time getting PoP spells for some quests.