• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Random manufacturing boosts

DeletedUser13255

I'd love to hear why you think so..

Why does the game keep a ratings chart for both fellowships and players? That in itself makes it competitive. I realize that might not matter to a lot of players, but to many it does.

DeletedUser13255

No, because the comparison stands. Some people are randomly selected to get extremely valuable gifts from Ellen, often tens of thousands of dollars. Nobody thinks they have the right to have the producers to explain to them why or how those selections were made. Not even the sponsors, who spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for commericals and supports for the show.

The advantage gained from the production speed up was trivial in the context of the game. At best, someone who took maximum advantage got to run their productions 24 times instead of 9, if they had enough supplies to do so, because it didn't reduce the cost of the jobs, just the time they took to execute. Anyone who wanted that could have used diamonds to complete 24 consecutive productions one hour apart and got the same benefit. I'll repeat, the result was a trivial benefit in the context of the game. I didn't get it and don't care in the least. People need thicker skins.

Going to have to agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinion. And my comparison to Jeopardy stands.

qaccy

@ElvenElsa For all your huffing and puffing over this offer, I suspect you wouldn't be here on the forums at all if you were someone who'd gotten it. Your posts are really coming off as someone who's upset that they didn't get picked, rather than someone who's upset not all players received it. A very whiny, selfish tone over something that really isn't that big a deal. People were able to get 3 days' worth of productions out of a single day if they took maximum advantage of the offer. Is that really a huge advantage? I've been playing this game for over two years. Two extra 'days' worth of production isn't even a half of a percent of the time I've been playing.

Also, Jeopardy must have really changed since the last time I watched it if it's no longer a format of 'choose an answer from the board and whoever buzzes in first gets to provide the correct question'.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Post from Muf-Muf on EN Server.
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/3x-faster-productions-in-24h.7133/#post-43732

and another explaining the testing on live servers
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/3x-faster-productions-in-24h.7133/#post-43739

If I recall correctly Muf-Muf is the Head Community Manager and an Inno employee. So while it isn't on this forum this might be as good as you are going to get. They aren't likely to post here as each server has its own CM, but he is also the EN servers CM hence the post there.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And my comparison to Jeopardy stands.
To pretend that a game is competitive when the player willing to spend the most money always has the highest score reflects a deep seated sense of either confusion or entitlement.

Your jeopardy comparison is a red herring. You are creating a non-existant version of Jeopardy that still does not compare to the one under discussion. Nobody paid Inno for the tested feature. For your comparison to hold, the entire existence of diamonds would be a violation of the "competitive" nature of the game, which would be a much more accurate stance. The fact that some days some people find magical manufacturing spells (or kp, or PoP, or EE) in helper chests, while others don't, would be a violation of the competitive nature of the game.

You are attempting to say that something random that has only happened once is unfair, without considering whether it will happen randomly to other people on another day. By that logic, the first time someone found a helper chest in a neighbor's city was unfair.

Why does the game keep a ratings chart for both fellowships and players? That in itself makes it competitive. I realize that might not matter to a lot of players, but to many it does.
The game is only competitive to those who are willing to spend money. No-one else can possibly compete, and the majority of us are not competing with those people

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Two extra 'days' worth of production isn't even a half of a percent of the time I've been playing.

Not even 2 extra days worth for players who had gotten to Elementals unless they slept in 3 hr shifts for what is normally 9 hr slots. If you were in Elementals the longest time was 3 hours for T1 & T4 mfg. What is 1 day & 2 day slots no longer exist since those are now the sentient goods.

DeletedUser4163

Well surprize surprize I got my email,

As for tone of the post, this is a common problem for emails/forum posts/twitter etc, I do not express emotions in my posts I do not possess the literacy skills to do so, I'm a straight shooter I write what I mean emotionlessly, too read tone into a unknown authors post is careless (lack of better word)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Emotion is part of tone, tone is not only emotion. There can be plenty of tone in a completely emotionless post. Words and phrases convey tone irrespective of emotion, even when used incorrectly. Critical is a tone, not an emotion. As is being dismissive of other people's response. Belittling other people's use of language is tone with or without emotion, and can doubly affect the perceptions of other people when our own use of language is bad in spite of that attempted criticism. Even one's signature can add tone to every message we post, through predisposing the reader to perceive our words in a particular way

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
3392898-energizerbunnyresized600.jpg.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Belittling other people's use of language is tone with or without emotion, and can doubly affect the perceptions of other people when our own use of language is bad in spite of that attempted criticism.
Muphry's law is an adage that states: "If you write anything criticizing editing or proofreading, there will be a fault of some kind in what you have written." The name is a deliberate misspelling of "Murphy's law".

DeletedUser15383

What do they need to explain that hasn't already been explained? They're testing a new feature. They don't owe anyone any explanation just because some people don't like that, and just because some people don't like it doesn't make it a mistake.

You are so right about this,some want it all for nothing...... if they give a little, they will get a little,
inno is a ''BUSINESS''what do they not understand about that!!...ooooh and to the cry babys i was
one who got the 3x faster manufactorys....and for that i thank ELVENAR.

DeletedUser15383

What do they need to explain that hasn't already been explained? They're testing a new feature. They don't owe anyone any explanation just because some people don't like that, and just because some people don't like it doesn't make it a mistake.

You are so right about this,some want it all for nothing...... if they give a little, they will get a little,
inno is a ''BUSINESS''what do they not understand about that!!...ooooh and to the cry babys i was
one who got the 3x faster manufactorys....and for that i thank ELVENAR.