• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rank Evolving buildings

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Interesting. I never expected Polar Bear to get so much love. I never feed mine. The poor thing is probably starving by now!
At lvl 1, he takes a little under 2hrs off tourney cool down. After that, each evolve takes off a little less than 10 mins until it goes down to 12hrs. So the bulk of its feed effect is at lvl 1 and therefore, still worth feeding at lvl 1. Without Timewarp, one has to double up and do 2 rounds of tourney one day to reach 6*. Almost 2hrs off is getting in round 2 in at 10pm versus midnight or midnight versus 2am. It makes a difference!

If someone doesn’t have their Bears fully evolved yet, it’s def more bang for your buck feeding artifacts to Brownie first since Brownie’s passive effects are also much better. Unfed Polar gives mostly coins (Edit: He gives portal profit or seed/mana/etc if leveled high enough). so he is kinda meh from that perspective, although quite adorable!

Now if only they give us other evolve buildings to improve ease of life issues, like if I fed Black Bear, when I visit one neighbor, I also visit all the surrounding neighbors in one go, or if I feed Black Bear, it tells me who hasn’t dropped a badge in on a map yet in FA.

Last edited:

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
That's interesting to hear how people are using the polar bear. I considered placing it but didn't feel like it would be enough cooldown help to be useful without a number of artefacts, which I haven't got. I've been getting the 6th round in by using timers. One 5-hour timer on each province on the second or third tourney day means that I can do one at 7 or 8 in the morning, another anytime in the evening after 7, and then I just have to wait until around lunch the next day before it's back on the regular morning schedule. That probably won't be sustainable when I get a lot more provinces opened up but at the moment I only have 10 or 11 for almost all the relic types and I get 10 timers a week from the Spire fellowship rewards, so it balances perfectly for now.

zalfenior

Polar bear is great! If you need orcs, then the witch hut is also very nice. The fire phoenix is not one that I have but its extremely popular. I do have the ashen phoenix and moon bear who have their uses for events and sentient goods respectively. I also use the Triumph of the tides to make free sentient goods. I also use the summoning circle for some free troops and sentients. As for an actual list:

Fire Phoenix
Brown Bear
Witches Hut
Polar Bear
Triumph of the tides (Free sentients saves both mana and seeds, Elementals and up)
Ashen Phoenix (specific to me as I go hard in events)
Witches Summoning Circle
Moon bear (Free sentients and feeding provides bonus KP)
If you havent scouted much you can exploit the Coldfire Phoenix for a ton of KP

Unlike AWs they dont need to be upgraded with a flux of KP, but they do require RR spells and artifacts to improve.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
How many provinces do you get each week?
This is the first week I've had 12 open. Most weeks it's 10 or 11. I did 10 provinces to 6 stars, the 11th province 2 stars, and the 12th just 1 star, so I used 10 timers. (I could have gone farther in 11 and 12, but am still erring on the side of caution to make sure I have enough goods for catering the Spire through the second level as well.)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Without Timewarp, one has to double up and do 2 rounds of tourney one day to reach 6*. Almost 2hrs off is getting in round 2 in at 10pm versus midnight or midnight versus 2am. It makes a difference!
Yeah, I'm well versed in what needs to happen to get all 6 rounds in. I am often getting up at 4 or 5 AM in order to be at work around 6 or 7 AM. So it was fairly easy for me to double up even before Time Warp without feeding Polar Bear. I mean if I did a round of tournament provinces around 4:30 AM while eating breakfast, they would cycle and be ready for me to do again by 8:30 PM that night. Pre Time Warp there were only maybe 2 or 3 weeks where I got behind and fed the Polar Bear to catch up. Have never fed it at all once getting TW. So because of my crazy work schedule I am probably underestimating how important Polar Bear might be to players with more average schedules and sleep habits.

Last edited:

Nerwa

As a comparatively new city (< 1 year) I've had limited opportunities to get evolved buildings & pets, which skews my list.

Ice-B is unquestionably my most essential; the real-world benefits of a good night's sleep far outweigh internal game advantages. He's been abiding at Stage 1 for several months, but I'm now working on getting him up to full weight. Getting his Bear artifacts is my current priority; at Stage 10 he'll be twice as cool as at Stage 1, which adds up to 3 hours saved between rounds permanently whether I upgrade him or not.

Triumph of the Tides would be my 2nd, for the moment. I have two ToTs placed: a 10 x ch5 & a 4 x ch4. Its ability to switch between good & troops is major benefit to a hybrid player like myself. And the fact that it switches types of goods as it gets upgraded gives me further options.

I like Brownie for the variety of troops more than the troop-production boost. The troop variety make battles more fun, and fun is why I'm here. The production boost is *nice*, but I get enough time & supply instants that it's not a huge difference at this point.

Beyond that, I find that it's a combination of inherent qualities & how evolved a building/pet is. Pretty much anything that's fully evolved is decent; for me that includes Queen Fairy's Retreat, Gingerbread Mansion, and Witch Summoning Circle. If they weren't fully evolved, it'd be a toss-up whether they'd stay out much longer. I have the space right now, so there they are.

Fire Phoenix hasn't done much for me yet, but she's only at Stage 5 & I'm only in ch 5. I'll be moving to ch 6 sometime in January; my battle strategies may shift at that point. If not, I'll teleport her out for a bit.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This should really be done as two separate threads, maybe even four, one for the fighters, one for the caterers, one for the players still playing the core game and advancing through the chapters, and one for the players who, for whatever reason, are not advancing in chapter any more. OR maybe do the lists for combinations of these.

For example, the Storm Phoenix is awesome for players advancing in the chapters or who cater, or both. The boost when fed that it gives to MM enchantments can be a serious boost when making sentient goods. But the Storm's feeding effect is useless for fighters who are also no longer advancing in chapters.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
One through 10 should do it. I have enough space for. possibly six or seven. I fight in most cases in both Spire and Tourney play until forced to to do otherwise.. Fire Phoenix is the undisputed number one so lets work down from that there and why. I have them all with Brown Bear at #2 and enough artifacts to do some replacements since teleportation is now available for them. Just went to duh when I realized that I only need Ashen Phoenix in place during events thus freeing up space for something more useful. The list should be interesting and helpful to all.
You already nailed the big three imo. I have every single events evolving buildings so far and and the artifacts to upgrade them. Those three, the fire phoenix, brown bear, and ashen phoenix, are still the only ones iv placed'

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I am often getting up at 4 or 5 AM
:eek:o_O:eek: In my mind, you and helya are both also extremely jacked and fit like Dwayne Johnson and Mark Walhberg doing extreme workouts at 4am OR have the freshest breakfasts because you churn your own butter, milk your own cows, and collect fresh eggs.

I like Brownie for the variety of troops more than the troop-production boost. The troop variety make battles more fun, and fun is why I'm here. The production boost is *nice*, but I get enough time & supply instants that it's not a huge difference at this point.
If you are already using timers and supply instants for troops, this is exactly when you should feed Brownie! His bonus is at collection, not production. Therefore, the more units you collect, the more bonus troops. You create more collections by using timers. As you grow, a bad encounter in the higher provinces might require you to snuggle up and cry it off to Brownie. The loss of troops in one upper province might be more than all the troops lost in the first 15 encounters.
Fire Phoenix hasn't done much for me yet, but she's only at Stage 5 & I'm only in ch 5. I'll be moving to ch 6 sometime in January; my battle strategies may shift at that point. If not, I'll teleport her out for a bit.
At lvl 5, he is enough to make a difference fighting Lab section of Spire, though I saved my feeds for later when I started doing more provinces regularly. Once you start feeding him for tourney, you will need several feeds a week. Get hoarding on Pet food in early chaps so you can weather dry spells in MA when Fire Phoenix becomes a drug habit :)

My list would be:
1. Fire Phoenix
2. Brown Bear
3. Witch Hut
4. Pilgrim’s Manor
5. Triumph of Tides
6. Polar Bear

I don’t see Pilgrim’s Manor on many lists. This building makes mad amounts of goods and is very versatile for events and FA. The high production of T1 helps with bracelet making and those “produce goods” quests for events. For example, I ran 8 big T1’s all sparkled for the entire duration of FA for bracelets. I made a crap ton of T1’s in a week so I put all but 2 away after FA as I am mostly fighting city. However 2 T1’s become terrible at completing “produce basic goods” quests during events. It would take several rounds of 3hr productions to complete. Pilgrims let’s me close the gap on those quests, as well as collect CC and relic quests. Even if you fight, you can’t avoid making those stuff for events.

Nerwa

:eek:o_O:eek: In my mind, you and helya are both also extremely jacked and fit like Dwayne Johnson and Mark Walhberg doing extreme workouts at 4am OR have the freshest breakfasts because you churn your own butter, milk your own cows, and collect fresh eggs.

Option #2, for me at least. Agroforestry & lots of foraging, too. :cool: Plus fiber crafts, of course. My cool great-aunt taught me to spin (a little) and crochet and weave.

If you are already using timers and supply instants for troops, this is exactly when you should feed Brownie! His bonus is at collection, not production. Therefore, the more units you collect, the more bonus troops. You create more collections by using timers. As you grow, a bad encounter in the higher provinces might require you to snuggle up and cry it off to Brownie. The loss of troops in one upper province might be more than all the troops lost in the first 15 encounters.

Oh, sure, sure. I do feed Brownie when stockpiling troops. But I played for months without Brownie (2 Bear artifacts in the first 4 months of playing = not worth placing the base) doing troop-heavy hybrid with just a few time boosts a week & very rarely supply boosts. Full spire & 6 rounds of tourney (8-10 provinces most of the time), and my stockpiles of everything on a solid upward trend. Now I do I big stock-up every 3 weeks or so - 1 pet food, 1 or 2 50% supply boosts, & a bunch of time boosts - and then coast.

At lvl 5, he is enough to make a difference fighting Lab section of Spire, though I saved my feeds for later when I started doing more provinces regularly. Once you start feeding him for tourney, you will need several feeds a week. Get hoarding on Pet food in early chaps so you can weather dry spells in MA when Fire Phoenix becomes a drug habit :)

Definitely agree on hoarding pet food. I do anticipate wanting Fire Phoenix for tourney once I add a few more provinces, but really haven't missed it on the Spire so far. Out of necessity (1 phoenix artifact in the first *5* months!) I developed my battle strategy based on not having Fire Phoenix & have been fighting up into the Lab regularly without tapping out my troops. Some of that includes being picky about what I fight versus negotiate, of course. But there's a lot more to it: troop diversity, troop-producing specialty buildings, limiting squad size upgrades, knowing what 3 weeks' worth of troops looks like, stockpiled troop instants, et cetera.

I don't argue that Fire Phoenix is valuable - not a bit. I do argue that Firebird & Brownie aren't required for several chapters, even for fairly heavy fighters. Definitely not through chapter 5, and I'm estimating ch 6 will still be manageable as well. I'll let you know in a couple months. :)

There's an overwhelming tendency for longer-term players to recommend Brownie & Firebird as though they are readily available. They are not. Six to nine months is probably the minimum time to get them IF you get lucky. That makes a lot of the Brownie/Firebird-related strategies that longer-term players offer frustrating and even invalid for <1 year players.

I don’t see Pilgrim’s Manor on many lists. This building makes mad amounts of goods and is very versatile for events and FA.

OP asked about evolving buildings specifically, not sets. I love my Pilgrim's Set. If we're including sets, my list would be:

1) Polar Bear - any stage; any chapter

2) 3-way tie:
Pilgrim's Manor
Moonstone
Triumph of the Tides - stage 4+; chapter variable (different goods produced)

3) Misc. fully-evolved buildings (mostly goods-producing ones)

4) Brownie - stage 5 and up; current chapter

5) Fire Phoenix - ?? Not inspiring at stage 5, so probably stage 7+; current chapter.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There's an overwhelming tendency for longer-term players to recommend Brownie & Firebird as though they are readily available. They are not. Six to nine months is probably the minimum time to get them IF you get lucky. That makes a lot of the Brownie/Firebird-related strategies that longer-term players offer frustrating and even invalid for <1 year players.
I can't speak for others, but I DO realize how hard it is to get a Brown Bear and Fire Phoenix from a starting city. I started the game after the original events for both of these had already happened. And at this time the Moonstone Library set was still in the Spire, so there was no way to win artifacts there yet. And artifacts were not yet available in the Magic Academy. I converted every artifact I won in the Coldfire Phoenix event and the Moonbear event to original Phoenix and Bear artifacts in order to get my Firebird and Brown Bear started. The reason I did so was because I had read advice here about how good Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear are. Once I realized what they did, I understood what players were talking about and rightly decided I would rather have a Fire Phoenix than a Coldfire Phoenix and would rather have a Brown Bear than a Moonbear. So when I recommend Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear to newer players who want to fight I am not trying to minimize the difficulty in getting these buildings. I am saying they are so good they are worth sacrificing for in order to get.

Nerwa

I converted every artifact I won in the Coldfire Phoenix event and the Moonbear event to original Phoenix and Bear artifacts in order to get my Firebird and Brown Bear started. The reason I did so was because I had read advice here about how good Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear are. Once I realized what they did, I understood what players were talking about and rightly decided I would rather have a Fire Phoenix than a Coldfire Phoenix and would rather have a Brown Bear than a Moonbear. So when I recommend Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear to newer players who want to fight I am not trying to minimize the difficulty in getting these buildings. I am saying they are so good they are worth sacrificing for in order to get.

Agreed - they are excellent long-term investments. I stopped converting my BPs to RRs so that I'd have them for crafting artifacts in MA, and converted Red Panda artifacts are what finally got Brownie up to a solid Stage.

For the moment they aren't producing the biggest dividends. It's OK because there are plenty of other options to keep the battles rolling along nicely.

zalfenior

Not to be pedantic, but the Pilgrim's manor isn't an evolving building, but a set building. That said, if you have it, its worth the space, producing around 2 manufactories worth of goods, while giving you pop, culture and later on a ton of mana. 10/10 set building by far.

Deleted User - 1178646

I can't speak for others, but I DO realize how hard it is to get a Brown Bear and Fire Phoenix from a starting city. I started the game after the original events for both of these had already happened. And at this time the Moonstone Library set was still in the Spire, so there was no way to win artifacts there yet. And artifacts were not yet available in the Magic Academy. I converted every artifact I won in the Coldfire Phoenix event and the Moonbear event to original Phoenix and Bear artifacts in order to get my Firebird and Brown Bear started. The reason I did so was because I had read advice here about how good Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear are. Once I realized what they did, I understood what players were talking about and rightly decided I would rather have a Fire Phoenix than a Coldfire Phoenix and would rather have a Brown Bear than a Moonbear. So when I recommend Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear to newer players who want to fight I am not trying to minimize the difficulty in getting these buildings. I am saying they are so good they are worth sacrificing for in order to get.

It's not hard, it just takes time.
Each autumn en spring event you can get a fairly easy amount of bear/phoenix artefact.
Outside of those moment it's slow but steady. you'll need a source of diamonds/blueprints for it so how difficult it is depends all on your fellows