• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ranking and score

DeletedUser3390

What is the difference between ranking and score. I think I understand how one gets ranking points, but how is the score number calculated?

DeletedUser9230

• Your working population. For example... if you build a level 1 workshop you will get 15 points as it needs 15 population
  • Your required culture. For example... if you upgrade your main hall from level on to level two you will need 8 culture and 34 population
  • The number of encounters you have completed. One point for each encounter multiplied by how far they are from your city. For example if you complete an encounter in ring 3 then you will get 3 points.
Plus you get points for upgrading, rank doesnt matter. its just an order from highest to lowest scores,

DeletedUser3390

• Your working population. For example... if you build a level 1 workshop you will get 15 points as it needs 15 population
  • Your required culture. For example... if you upgrade your main hall from level on to level two you will need 8 culture and 34 population
  • The number of encounters you have completed. One point for each encounter multiplied by how far they are from your city. For example if you complete an encounter in ring 3 then you will get 3 points.
Plus you get points for upgrading, rank doesnt matter. its just an order from highest to lowest scores,
Thanks! That helped!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Score is based on what Mr Dragon said plus:
  • Wonders - based on KP cost to research wonders and bonuses for Thrones of High Men
  • Tournament rewards when you finish in the top 100 on your server.
Rank is simply a function of score on that world. Person with the highest score is rank 1. As your score increases typically your rank will increase, at least until you reach a point when others around you are at a similar activity level and all growing at a similar speed.

DeletedUser3390

Score is based on what Mr Dragon said plus:
  • Wonders - based on KP cost to research wonders and bonuses for Thrones of High Men
  • Tournament rewards when you finish in the top 100 on your server.
Rank is simply a function of score on that world. Person with the highest score is rank 1. As your score increases typically your rank will increase, at least until you reach a point when others around you are at a similar activity level and all growing at a similar speed.
So, if I sell a building and lose ranking points, do I lose score points too?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So, if I sell a building and lose ranking points, do I lose score points too?
You're mixing the terms again.

If you sell a building your score will go down.
Therefore your score might be lower than the score of other players, in which case you will drop in rank.

To put it another way: Score is how many points you have. Rank is how many points you have compared to other players.

Homer has a score of 1000
Lisa has a score of 5000
Bart has a score of 8000
Maggie has a score of 3000

Rank #1 Bart (score 8000)
Rank #2 Lisa (score 5000)
Rank #3 Maggie (score 3000)
Rank #4 Homer (score 1000)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9230

Therefore your score will be lower than the score of other players, so you will drop in rank.

To put it another way: Score is how many points you have. Rank is how many points you have compared to other players.

Exactly what Soggy said.

Couldn't have said it better.

DeletedUser3390

Therefore your score might be lower than the score of other players, in which case you will drop in rank.

Homer has a score of 1000
Lisa has a score of 5000
Bart has a score of 8000
Maggie has a score of 3000

Rank #1 Bart (score 8000)
Rank #2 Lisa (score 5000)
Rank #3 Maggie (score 3000)
Rank #4 Homer (score 1000)
If I sell my steel mfg. it says that I will lose 623 ranking pts. It says nothing about score. So, it sounds as though they are the same. I will lose 623 score pts also? I get what you are saying about ranking pts. I do. I just don't get the score amts.

DeletedUser9230

If I sell my steel mfg. it says that I will lose 623 ranking pts. It says nothing about score. So, it sounds as though they are the same. I will lose 623 score pts also? I get what you are saying about ranking pts. I do. I just don't get the score amts.

It's fine you don't get it, some things just don't come to us. I'll do my best to explain it more with pictures to explain.

http://imgur.com/a/ZVQBF Here, I get 7 ranking points for a level 3 residence.

http://imgur.com/a/PDFlI My rank(Not to be mistaken with rank points, or score) is currently 3700, there are players at a 21000 rank, however since I have more score/rank points, I'm a lower rank than them.(Think lower is better, higher is worse when you think of the rank)

http://imgur.com/a/2xV0U My rank is 3700, and my score is 747, keep in mind the level 3 residence gives me 7 ranking points, and we're going to "un-upgrade" the residence to level 2.

http://imgur.com/a/NgLuL Now here, my rank goes up because I have less 4 score/rank points, mainly because I "un-upgraded" my residence which was level 3(A level 2 residence gives 3 ranking points, when it's level 3, it gives 7 ranking points, so canceling this we lost a total of 4 ranking points because we did not get to a level 3 residence)

SO- if you were to sell a building, however many ranking points it gives, is how much you'll lose.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Ranking points=score
Ranking is a comparison of your points(score) vs other players points(score)

If I have 14,000 ranking points, my score is 14,000. Those are the same thing.
If there are 102 players that have a score higher than 14,000 then my rank is 103

DeletedUser3390

It's fine you don't get it, some things just don't come to us. I'll do my best to explain it more with pictures to explain.

http://imgur.com/a/ZVQBF Here, I get 7 ranking points for a level 3 residence.

http://imgur.com/a/PDFlI My rank(Not to be mistaken with rank points, or score) is currently 3700, there are players at a 21000 rank, however since I have more score/rank points, I'm a lower rank than them.(Think lower is better, higher is worse when you think of the rank)

http://imgur.com/a/2xV0U My rank is 3700, and my score is 747, keep in mind the level 3 residence gives me 7 ranking points, and we're going to "un-upgrade" the residence to level 2.

http://imgur.com/a/NgLuL Now here, my rank goes up because I have less 4 score/rank points, mainly because I "un-upgraded" my residence which was level 3(A level 2 residence gives 3 ranking points, when it's level 3, it gives 7 ranking points, so canceling this we lost a total of 4 ranking points because we did not get to a level 3 residence)

SO- if you were to sell a building, however many ranking points it gives, is how much you'll lose.

I hope this helped.
Thank you for trying so hard to explain it to me. I really appreciate your efforts.

DeletedUser3390

Ranking points=score
Ranking is a comparison of your points(score) vs other players points(score)

If I have 14,000 ranking points, my score is 14,000. Those are the same thing.
If there are 102 players that have a score higher than 14,000 then my rank is 103
Thanks!