• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ranking not updating

HawaiiJambo

I've had a problem for a while which does not interfere with the play but is frustrating especially when looking at fellowship progress or recruitment. The ranking of other players does not update, nor do towns, even construction is permanently frozen at the point I first looked at them. So if a player's ranking was 100 when I first discover them it still is several days later though I know they have been participating.
I think I toggled something when I ran out of storage on my tablet which I subsequently freed up and hoped it would clear itself with reboots to no joy. It also effects my laptop (windows 10) and on my cell phone (android). I've uninstalled Elvenar and reinstalled it on the tablet but again no joy.
Does anyone have a clue what to try to get this back to normal?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I know you said you know the players are active, but I took a quick look at one of your FS's and there were a bunch of inactive members.
First, go to ElvenStats.com and look up your FS. There will be a list of all members with lots of data about their cities, and there will be black triangles with a [!] (without the brackets) if it looks like the player has stopped playing the game. Hover over that triangle and a pop-up will tell you the last time their score changed. You can also look up individual players on that site, but if they've been inactive for awhile, they probably don't get picked up by that site. It's pretty hard to do anything in your city and not have the score change at all! Also, failure of construction to complete is another indicator of lack of activity. If you start a build or upgrade, even if the time to complete runs out, it doesn't actually 'complete' unless you are logged-in. You can test this when you upgrade a house that finishes overnight. When you log on the next morning, it will just be starting to gain coins as it just officially 'finished'. So, if a person logs out while something is under construction and just never logs in again, that construction will remain unfinished.
If you are sure that's not the issue you're seeing, you probably should submit an in-game support ticket attaching photos so they can see what you're talking about. When you file a support ticket, they can look and see what's happening and they might be able to help if it's a technical issue.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@HawaiiJambo
Go into your in-game settings, the account tab, and make sure the box beside 'allow movement...' is checked. That way, at least you'll be able to be moved elsewhere whenever the system determines they have a spot elsewhere for you (has to have your same boosts for it to move you) and you're next in whatever waiting line they have for moving. It can take awhile, but best to at least have that checked while you wait.
Now that you know how to use ElvenStats, you should be able to find an FS with more active members, too. When I first started, my FS was my lifeline to everything since they plopped me out where even the tumbleweeds had dried up! It took a few months for them to move me back then, but their system for movement is different now, though you still can't get support to 'move' you since it's a totally automated system.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Turns out my map is full of dead people
A lot of people get confused by the fact that things appear to be working even in cities that have been dead for a long time. I've often thought that Inno should find a way to turn off the animation.