• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ranking Points for Completing Mainline Quests

Brodien

It would be a benefit to those of use working to complete Mainline Quests and move through the Chapters to receive ranking points along with the rewards given for completing the quests. I've noticed there are players with higher ranking points but who haven't progressed in the game as far as I have.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It would be a benefit to those of use working to complete Mainline Quests and move through the Chapters to receive ranking points along with the rewards given for completing the quests. I've noticed there are players with higher ranking points but who haven't progressed in the game as far as I have.
It would mean double points for a lot of things. Those people would probably still have more points, unless they are really, really far behind you, since they'd get most of the same points you do.

Setting that aside, everything the game designers do that channels people toward following identical paths is bad for the game. Variety is good for the game. Right now, someone can grow slowly, scout way ahead, and place in the top 100 in the tournament every week and still have some progress.

bkbajb

I think ranking points are useless. It provides nothing for the game. Tournament and FA ranking points are fine but nothing more.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think ranking points are useless. It provides nothing for the game. Tournament and FA ranking points are fine but nothing more.

Ranking points are only useless if you choose to not include them in the aspects/challenges of the game that need to be balanced. I, along with a whole lot of other players I know, have to take ranking points into consideration in our decision making process all the time.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I think that's what Bkbajb said.

I don't see how claiming they add nothing to the game is Bkbajb indicating that it is only "useless" if somebody chooses to ignore that aspect of the game. That may be how some see it but many others see ranking points as part of the challenge and therefore an integral part of the game if you choose to play all aspects instead of ignoring this one.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I don't see how claiming they add nothing to the game is Bkbajb indicating that it is only "useless" if somebody chooses to ignore that aspect of the game. That may be how some see it but many others see ranking points as part of the challenge and therefore an integral part of the game if you choose to play all aspects instead of ignoring this one.
By using the words "I think," Bkbajb designated the following as their opinion, not a fact, implying that they choose to ignore anything that makes it useful.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
By using the words "I think," Bkbajb designated the following as their opinion, not a fact, implying that they choose to ignore anything that makes it useful.

And I disagree with Bkbajb's opinion. So why does that mean that you feel you need to correct, not the subject, but me? I am not willing to get in a big debate over my disagreeing with something someone says. They say they think it is worthless while in my experience it is not. It is that simple. I am not a newbie who has no experience playing this game so please stop giving me S@#T if I disagree with someone.

BTW Once again I am stating my opinion on the "FEEDBACK" forum. Is that not what it is for?????

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And I disagree with Bkbajb's opinion. So why does that mean that you feel you need to correct, not the subject, but me? I am not willing to get in a big debate over my disagreeing with something someone says. They say they think it is worthless while in my experience it is not. It is that simple. I am not a newbie who has no experience playing this game so please stop giving me S@#T if I disagree with someone.
We refute facts, and we disagree with opinions. It's not appropriate to refute opinions. The wording of your initial response was a refutation of BkBajb's opinion. I'm happy that it's now made clear you simply hold a different opinion :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
OK. I agree to disagree with Opinion = I think ranking points are useless. I Refute = It provides nothing for the game. And I will add an I'm sorry but....... (another method of attempting to disallow others' opinions).