• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rankings

DeletedUser64

currently 64, best was 40.

a bit after start i was around 200
each end of an "era" i go ahead a lot

i think that good space management can give a lot of boost, currently i got like 3 1x1 buildings cause i managed to place a lot of buildings in dead ends nicely, so i can place even more
i go fully for 170% culture boost
i got more residences and workshop than others and also more cultural buildings
having builder levels higher is just not fair
i payed for quite a few games, yet i dont really want to pay for browser games, i respect non premium players more
good strategy and activity should be rewarded

quite a lot of luck needed, like i got a good neighbour, maybe 3-4 players will boost me later, and 4 active guys on market who i need to reach for getting rid of market fee

DeletedUser186

Declining and accepting tasks before farming anything has worked. Ranked 4 right now. Woop

Deleted User - 90

having builder levels higher is just not fair
i payed for quite a few games, yet i dont really want to pay for browser games, i respect non premium players more
good strategy and activity should be rewarded

quite a lot of luck needed, like i got a good neighbour, maybe 3-4 players will boost me later, and 4 active guys on market who i need to reach for getting rid of market fee

I look at it like a numbers game. I have spent money on console games before and instantly despised them. *cough cough* Destiny *cough cough* Call of Duty *cough cough* Anyways, this game is giving me more enjoyment than those games, so I don't have a problem paying some cash for it. But with your neighbors, its a really good idea to talk to them on a regular basis. I talk to my neighbors constantly, motivate them, help them with goods, give advice, etc... As a reward, they actually log on and buff me. Last time I calculated it, I only needed something around 3330 supplies a day from my workshops to keep my barracks running 24/7 - the rest of the supplies only came from neighborly help.

I am currently ranked 2 - but should be rank 1 within a few hours. :eek:

On another note, yeah - cycling the quests is AMAZING. I wish I had cycled those tier-one quests a few hundred times to stock up on troops and tier-one goods. Could've really used those goods about now. :)

DeletedUser

I wish I had cycled those tier-one quests a few hundred times to stock up on troops and tier-one goods. Could've really used those goods about now. :)

So there will be other cycling quests later?

Deleted User - 90

Well, my working theory is that every declinable quest is part of a quest-loop and you can decline them in series to activate that loop. Of course, I am petrified to try this :D

Deleted User - 90

UPDATED RANKINGS:

ZTG1mtX.png

I am noticing that the top list is becoming more Elven. Since the beginning, Elves have been uncommon in the top 8. For a few days there I was the only one. Then we got to 2/8 consistently Elves. And now with this most recent snapshot... 5/8 elves. Strange, Elven research takes alot longer to complete (sometimes 30% more KP needed) So are the Elves just suddenly catching up to the humans or are they actually surpassing them?

DeletedUser64

there are 15 quests now for me, which i can decline
i even got some similars
with the 2000 supply, which cna be made in 1 hour 11 workshops or 3x15 minutes i dont like the other ones
there are casual ones
upgrade main hall, produce 1 day scroll, wood this can be accepted after completition or before it few minutes
its not too balanced with 3 residences which would took 6+ hours
or 2 workshops which is 3 hours best case or activated last sec before
the 600 goods are also easy when i have 40k x 6 which can be 2-3x in a normal day
50000 gold takes up 50x5 minutes which is too much, but i can do in morning, when i leave or when i help all neighbours, at lvl 8 hall, 2x in row and its right after the supply quest

there are 2 new quest each time i complete one, sometimes the same as this 15
military ones also too unbalanced, as it needs 100 or 200 soldiers which is more than 2 hours at lvl 6, maybe with a lot of armories at night
sometimes i synch with main quest like 2 and 3 luxury armchairs same time

flat number based gonna be easy later

i find 3 lvl 6 wood better than upgrading with 500 bonus wood, also 3 scrolls would be nice with bonus, but the size is same there for first 5 lvls and i dont think usually 3/4 would produce more
that is also unbalanced population and size wise

DeletedUser186

Because of the inherent weakness in war, I ignore almost all battle quests. In the last 7 days I have only won 10 battles.

But the warehouses are full of every commodity.

DeletedUser64

hehe as i said, 27 now after research scouting and getting a province

DeletedUser64

im soooo not in in mood to delete residences to have less of high lvl of them
i would need 4-5 expansions now for houses only
and running out of culture in meantime
1085 avaliable with no bonus

sacred sage will be +4 extra culture per square, i guess it will be a major rework of town
sitting on place 22-23 which is nice without any diamonds used

dunno if new archers will be of any use
squad size of 72 helped a lot in fights 2 treants 2 archers 1 sword dancer squad is pretty good
but mostly i won by using the terrain advantage, treants can hold for 4-5 turns while i just poke with archers
scrolls and gems seem to be most easy, i got scroll production boost and that provinces can be taken with brute force

Deleted User - 90

The archer upgrade tears up wood provinces. I primarily use Archers and Treants (2:3 or 3:2 depending on the enemy and field)

DeletedUser55

Thanks for the advise everyone. A lot of new players will get a lot out of all of these comments. thanks guys.

DeletedUser

Just unlocked the cerberus yesterday
now i can kill 100 archer sectors without taking damage. pretty nice

I haven't figured out a painless solution to mortars though, especially not when there are Thieves

DeletedUser64

i unlocked a mini quest yesterday after 2 quests activated in row 3 scroll manu 1 day 200 bonus 3 plank manu for 1 day 500 bonus
then i should have made 72 archers, then i should have had 288 archers
then attacking 3x and gain 3 silk relics

actually it was easy the first 2, but it took all night to make those archers and i had 2x coin quest and 1,5 supply quest ready so i go for one more encounter
mortars take up pretty easy the rest of archers
they never gonna focus treants so the solution is sword dancers go asap near them and kill, but they gonna go backward so you will take damage anyway

DeletedUser186

Have been building troops and today is battle day. Have 25 of each.

Residence upgrade unlocked so building them from 7 to 11 - they might go to 12., but have run out of space. Very reluctant to delete residences, but to accommodate them I will need 4 expansions. That's a lot.

DeletedUser64

well i guess you cant go over 9 with housing, it needs tier 3 resources which is 4x more than others and that is not cheap at all
i cant find good source of tier 2 either inside my zone, maybe after 2 more provinces, i need to scout for 240k, take it, then 1 more
but that 8,5 hours is nice, and the 5 min production is almost doubble
what is really worth is the extra 70 population per 3 squares which is only 50/square before, so upgrading more of them to lvl 8 worth a lot
i went down to no culture bonus, now i had 800 and still deleted one spot of whispering trees
i got space now for 1 extra house from 3 to 7

the new sacred sages give extra 4/square culture (2x37 from 33.33/sq) which would be now 384 extra culture over whispering trees
but i must leave at least 3 of them as i wont get enough neighbourly help so maybe 240, that just simply not worth it to spend 6x5 hours just for remaking the whole city

the cyclons are 3x3 and 48.88 culture per square, also good size for bonus and 40 extra from the whispering trees, so those are the culture expansion winners

im running 40 long city(max) 15 wide, and i got 10x10 at bottom where my houses were
then expanded to top side
http://imgur.com/wQ6DZhx

now it worths much better to expand 10 on top as i get nice space for house expansions
that is 1 more house and 3 more expansions there
that spot for palace is great, it splits the workshop area and its on a line with expansions

there are a few choices more with quests
with 249 supply/hour at lvl 8 i would need 16 workshops (currently 12 at 2x8, 6x6 and 4x5 p/l)
the soldier training quest would need 300 soldiers, which is 75x4, 12 base +63 extra which is 5-6 armories
but it doesnt really worth for just a quest, maybe 1 min before completing soldiers is only 60 soldiers x5
the 1000 goods quests need around 7-8 manufactories at 9 hours, still the daily 500 bonus wood or 200 bonus scrolls worth more

i see that scrolls need more space and population which is really bad, dont know production wise is it still 1 on 1, but others can build 4 crystal or silk in place of 3, only that scroll relics are most easy to gain (also crystals with dumbass wardogs, but now they seem to be mixed)
i got a lot of provinces with magic dust and marble

dunno what about others but i always go for military researches first, now i completely skipped the manufactory research even if main quest needs it, it wont give me too much of help
my scrolls are at max, the workshops need 24 upgrades which is around 3 days alone, few housing for population, the houses were at max 7 when i researched the upgrades, now i got 3 of lvl 9 and one of lvl 8 in 3 hours

i could also upgrade armories but i would be better of with one more of lvl 5
and the lvl 9 barracks which needs 3x2000+ of tier 1 resources, thats 1-2 day to get with full focus

DeletedUser

I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the purpose of the game? I get that you build up a city, but it has world rankings, and so far it seems like it's more of a cooperative game than a competitive one. There's no way to damage or destroy other players cities? Not sure why people would pay to build their city faster than another player if there is no real downside to building slower than them.

DeletedUser230

I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the purpose of the game? I get that you build up a city, but it has world rankings, and so far it seems like it's more of a cooperative game than a competitive one. There's no way to damage or destroy other players cities? Not sure why people would pay to build their city faster than another player if there is no real downside to building slower than them.
So your point is that because you cannot attack or defeat whichever you want to call it there is no point of a city building game? I enjoy not having to set timers and wake up to see if I'm being attacked. It refreshing/relaxing to watch cities build. A game doesn't have to be about attacking other players to have an objective sometime some players just enjoy playing different games.