• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rankings

Deleted User - 90

I'm a bit confused. What exactly is the purpose of the game? I get that you build up a city, but it has world rankings, and so far it seems like it's more of a cooperative game than a competitive one. There's no way to damage or destroy other players cities? Not sure why people would pay to build their city faster than another player if there is no real downside to building slower than them.
I paid some cash because the project shows potential and I like where it is headed, as have some of the others I've had the privilege of speaking with in-game. I am interested in how this game will grow to be unique from Inno's other games, yet still maintain their general tenets and "feel." Particularly, I want to see how Inno will distinguish itself from their similar game, Forge of Empires. The game is at V0.15 currently, they have a ways to go before V1.0 is released. As players, we can influence the direction this game will take and watch it grow. Of course, this being a game from InnoGames, it is free-to-play, but with premium advantages and no-ads. Right now, the cooperative and competitive aspects of the game are limited - who's to say what the future holds for this game, but I am hopeful.

DeletedUser422

This is where I miss having a guild because neighbours are seldom helpful ...I am not sure if they are still learning the game and do not know that it is beneficial to give assistance to those surrounding them or they just don't care.
In Beta, I have already 30 neighbours but only 5 that visit and give assistance, despite the fact that I frequently give assistance to them. I do realise that I may as yet be 'undiscovered' so they are unable to help but I others are close by, have a large city but don't help.
Many others, unfortunately are players that started their city and appear to have not even completed the tutorial before they have given up and left. Fingers crossed they will soon be removed altogether from the game.
Similar thing is happening here, but it is early days and I have only found 2 neighbours that appear to be inactive already. Hopefully the others will discover me real soon and come to pay me a visit :D and give a little assistance before I need to build more decorations to keep my city sunny:)
I mail the active neighbors near me and send instructions on how to help. I think some just don't know how.

DeletedUser140

I have sent some of the a message to help them out, as well as myself.

DeletedUser64

today i put out a lot of offers for 40-40 all 3 basic resources, some bonus on wood 40 for 30
curious if they can abuse quests

DeletedUser

Persistence, caffeine, and a depressing amount of free time.

I don't speak for everyone, mind you :p

EDIT: Updated rankings.
BYCPZHF.png
I am one of those who has a depressing amount of free time! I am not yet one of those on the leader board but am working on it! Thanks for all the advice guys. Play on!

DeletedUser422

Now that I have become rather developed, I have switched production to my 3 main core manufacturies that gain boosts. I no longer need the secondary ones, because I can buy everything else I need from the wholesaler or look for bargains in market.

DeletedUser

@The Mage

That's about the stage I'm at now. I've already determined that I'm too far out from my home at this point to have a decently sized army when I go province hunting without sacrificing manufacturing and culture, so have sold back all of my armories and put in more workshops instead. The game does not reward overall balance over all needs well, unfortunately.

Now I'm taking a look at my manufacturies, because I have at least two of each kind (more of my bonus ones except for third stage) and am pondering the pros and cons of being able to at least supplement what I can get in trades for a lower overall yield, or if i should just go ahead and wipe those and replace them with my boosted manufacturies and just do more trade for the other items.

DeletedUser422

Looks at your boosts for your primary manufacturies you get from relics, with culture bonus, they begin to produce enough that using them to buy other goods from wholesaler is about as or more efficient and your options so much greater. You will still want armies to increase area for "tax revenue" and to gain relics for your 3 primary so their production % keeps increasing...that and I try and get out to the active players to help, and mail them to start exploring towards my direction. With the new "Fellowships" system coming in a couple weeks, we won't have stretch so far for help, though.

DeletedUser

@The Mage

When I had armories, I had 4, with both them and the barracks at level 15, and a total size of 194 for my squad sizes--unfortunately, I'm far enough out on the grid now that I'm consistently running into armies with 8 squads of 250-300 member sizes each. In order to keep up with that, I'd have to wipe out over half of my manufacturing capability to get enough armories in for a decent, comparable squad/strength size. By contrast, if I can keep my efforts to making stuff, I can actually afford negotiations rather than having to fight.

I think it depends on your playstyle--fighting your way through is just as valid as negotiation, and at first, I was trying to leave myself the option of both, but as you get further out, trying to maintain a balance between the two will eventually leave you where you don't have enough army, and you don't have enough supplies either (which leaves diamonds...). It does explain one of the first quests though that ask if you would rather learn to fight or to trade; it's the game's early way of letting you know you'll have to eventually make a choice into where you put most of your resources, or at least from what I can tell, that's what's going on.

I'll take what you said about the manufacturer stuff into account, and probably will eventually knock out the non-boosted ones. I'm rank 2, so at this point, it's more about figuring out how to balance myself so I'm not just sitting for days on end while I build up supplies.

DeletedUser61

City Builders are about elegance and crisis avoidance.
We're at the opposite pole from the folks who prefer PvP combat and other crisis driven activity.
And there are plenty of fanatics at both poles.

"He must have spent a lot of diamonds to advance his city that fast." (Non-combat city building)
falls in the same category as
"He only wins because he's paid gold for all of that fancy armor and weaponry." (Twitch combat)

Free to Play is certainly Pay to Win, but combat skills and logistics BOTH matter in either venue, A LOT,
and using the lack of diamonds as an excuse for poor performance is just a copout.

You need BOTH skill sets, and snide comments about either pole say more about the player than the game.
I happen to prefer City Builders, but then I'm old and tired anyway. :rolleyes:

"Bitter experience in war has taught the maxim that the art of war is the art of the logistically feasible."
- ADM Hyman Rickover, USN

DeletedUser422

Yup. my goal is to produce primary manufacturies to at least 500% thus beating the wholesaler at his game, with the exponential effect of culture bonus this happens sooner than the actual 500% mark from relics. I also, have sold 2 of my 4 armories.

DeletedUser

@Katwijk

I agree with needing logictics--that's how I came to the conclusion I did about keeping my armories verses trading them out for enough workshops and residences to keep my manufacturies going at a high output for the negotiation supplies. In the end, my play style in regards to browser games is better suited to the second and appeals to me more. MMOs, however, are a different story... :)

Shanarias

I am arriving at that crux where I am going to have to choose between fighting and negotiating, and I haven't even broken through to the top 1000 yet. Coupled with lack of help from any more than one of my neighbors, I am definitely going to have to choose between the two. I am wasting way too much space on culture. I may have to step back and just "take it in the shorts" for a few days while I sell and upgrade to better cultural resources. At any rate, I am going to need to be more efficient, and I don't see any way to do it without taking a massive cultural hit for a while.

DeletedUser186

Tips for noobs...refresh the tasks. They rotate. I spend most of my time refreshing and using the ones to suit my needs and wants. Never build something without a reward at the end of it.

DeletedUser186

I fight 33% of the time. The troops are never quite strong enough.

DeletedUser

I've been selling off some of my industry as well, population cost are just too high. Still trying to keep one each of the unboosted and 3 each of boosted. Clearing level 5 provinces so my 72 man squads usually suffer a couple hundred loses, I only expand now when I need relics or city space. I'm still at #1300, seems like top 1000 is where you really have to trim the fat and specialize your investments. Choose culture, industry, military, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser422

Sold all my unboosted with the exception of an elixir I just made for quest (quest earned more than it cost) was same for magic powder, but sold it to make room for elixir. Will sell it when I need more room. My boosted: Marble, Crystal and Gems; I have many of, and they pay for every for everything I need. Visit my town to see, using same name as here.

Shanarias

Wow, I just got the ranking of 1000! I had to sell some cultural stuff to be able to build an Elixir factory, but it upped my standing by 49 places, to 1000. I feel like I am getting somewhere now. :cool:

DeletedUser186

I hold one of each of the unboosted manufactories, but I will be selling them off in the next fortnight, to make room for boosted only. No need for them when the fellowship update arrives.