• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rankings

DeletedUser7

KzeQwPM.png

Wow we have a few pro's. Any chance a few of you can provide some pointers for us newbies? :) Congrats on your top ranking.

DeletedUser

You want to advise from top players to be higher in ranking? Spend more diamonds :p

If you want advise from player who not spend anything: Think :p Dont afraid to try some new positioning your buildings, even if something is during to make you can move it. It will pause but not cancell so dont afraid ;)

Conquer new lands, more and more- it will give you land expansion.

PS. I do not speak badly about players who buy diamonds because all games must pay for itself ;)

DeletedUser

Malgoth:my rank is 7 and i havent spent any diamons (only 60 that the game gives free)
What i am doing is making army all the time and solving encounters.That gives you expansions and i dont upgrade residences much because coins is not the problem i just build many residences to gain much population.I think the real problem is population and culture.
(sorry for my english)

DeletedUser

Yes, i just talk about this TOP. Just look at some cities. Prison of condemned x4, builders hut x 5 ;) you will not get it without diamonds :p It give you a lot of culture without spending so much your land slots and improve overall city

DeletedUser

i can never hold my culture over 150% without neighbourly help but maybe 125% is enough

DeletedUser

How this neighborly help work? When im in my neighbour city i see only 2 think to help: Main hall and builders hut.

DeletedUser

you can help also holy codex if your neighbor has one to double the culture it gives for 8 hours

DeletedUser

oh, thats why i cant use it... no one got it :p thanks for info :)

DeletedUser59

Having played Elvenar in beta I can agree with gamer that eventually, as we research more, we will be able to build Cultural buildings that our neighbours can then choose to assist us with and make our city happier...this in turns gives us better production and a 'sunnier' city.
The more cultural buildings you have the better happiness you have but the trade off is that they take up large amounts of space.

DeletedUser7

Thank you all for the great information. How good are you neighbors at giving you help. I know they active I can see their pretty little city. :)

DeletedUser59

This is where I miss having a guild because neighbours are seldom helpful ...I am not sure if they are still learning the game and do not know that it is beneficial to give assistance to those surrounding them or they just don't care.
In Beta, I have already 30 neighbours but only 5 that visit and give assistance, despite the fact that I frequently give assistance to them. I do realise that I may as yet be 'undiscovered' so they are unable to help but I others are close by, have a large city but don't help.
Many others, unfortunately are players that started their city and appear to have not even completed the tutorial before they have given up and left. Fingers crossed they will soon be removed altogether from the game.
Similar thing is happening here, but it is early days and I have only found 2 neighbours that appear to be inactive already. Hopefully the others will discover me real soon and come to pay me a visit :D and give a little assistance before I need to build more decorations to keep my city sunny:)

Deleted User - 90

Well I was the former top player, now I am in second place :) IT WILL BE MINE ONCE MORE! :D

I did use diamonds to get this far, not an excessive amount, mind you - 2 shrines and a builder. I plan on spending more. But still, I feel that I am developing quite well. My advise to newer, less experienced players is first and foremost, message the people around you. Work out a strategy. People will not only be more inclined to log into Elvenar if they are communicating with people, they are also more likely to give you some much needed culture buffs. You can also determine who has what boosted goods and - if you're lucky - you might just be able to work out fair continuous market trades and only need to focus on the good you manufacture better than others.

Secondly, use the wiki. The wiki is amazing. I always have a tab open to it. Look up the buildings you plan on using and take special note on the dimensions. If you look at my city, I am organizing it to have the least amount of roads possible. Less roads = more space, if you're careful. For example, the level 4->5 upgrade for Elven Steel manufactory increases the size from 2x2 to 2x3 - same for the residence. So you would want your street touching the side with only 2 blocks, rather than 3 because you can loop the street around and end up using less space. (I may be overcomplicating this - look at my city and make a note of the residence size. Humans have 3x2 residences at that level - so the ideal street placement will run in the opposite direction.)

Finally, plan ahead. This ties in with my second point. However, this goes beyond city planning. You might not need troops "now" but you may need them later. Keeping your barracks recruiting is more important than getting 1 negotiation done.

That's what I have thus far as far as general tips are concerned. :)

DeletedUser

This is where I miss having a guild because neighbours are seldom helpful ...I am not sure if they are still learning the game and do not know that it is beneficial to give assistance to those surrounding them or they just don't care.
In Beta, I have already 30 neighbours but only 5 that visit and give assistance, despite the fact that I frequently give assistance to them. I do realise that I may as yet be 'undiscovered' so they are unable to help but I others are close by, have a large city but don't help.
Many others, unfortunately are players that started their city and appear to have not even completed the tutorial before they have given up and left. Fingers crossed they will soon be removed altogether from the game.
Similar thing is happening here, but it is early days and I have only found 2 neighbours that appear to be inactive already. Hopefully the others will discover me real soon and come to pay me a visit :D and give a little assistance before I need to build more decorations to keep my city sunny:)
I have written this to all my neighbors:

Hey, If you have done any scouting and "discovered" me, let's help each other out by "helping". Just click on the hands that are clasped under your portrait when you are visiting a neighbor. You get free coins!
Elk

DeletedUser61

They'll get free supplies as well, if you've recently visited their city.

neighborly.jpg

DeletedUser186

The best way other than playing a lot is to recycle the tasks down the left hand side. One set has to be done, the other can be declined. The scroll round, so just do the ones you can and amass resources that way. Just worked it out myself and gone from 3000th to in the top 100 now.

Been playing 4 days.

I used gold for all 5 builders, and have builds running 24/7.

Happy to pay to help me and reward an excellent game.