• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rare Spot Opening This Weekend

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thornwood rarely has openings (I had to wait several months before I could get back in) but one of our dear longtime members has some health issues and needs to focus on that. She'll be leaving right after our spire push is over on Saturday. If you're looking for a fellowship that is structured but not overly competitive, that ranks well but not obsessive about score, Thornwood may be for you. Here are some of our features:

Silver Spire weekly except on Gold pushes (during steel tournament weeks). We always make gold on our push weeks!
Average 11 or 12 chests per week, sometimes going up to 14 on rare weeks
Mage positions are working titles ... every mage has a specific task and pulls their weight. Therefore, it may take a while before you are elevated, but you can be assured that someone is always there to help in a specific task.
We currently rank 33 overall on the server.

Spire, Tourney, and FA are all completely voluntary, BUT if you do decide to play, you are expected to meet certain levels (ie, 1000 points on tourney, high halls on spire gold pushes (less regular weeks), etc.) Check out our overview when you are in game for a general idea of how we operate and our requirements.

Thornwood is addictive because of good people who know their specific jobs and do them well. We are willing to do uneven trades if you are using such trades to help the group in the spire/tourney. A score of at least 100K would be great, but we have some wonderful new players who have much less and are growing fast. Marble, Elixir, or Scrolls boost a plus, but apply anyway even without those.

I wrote the following poem because it speaks from my heart. I once chased weekly gold in spire and left Thornwood, but it haunted my thoughts because of the wonderful people, the great organizational abilities, and the camaraderie. Weekly gold is tiring, and I wanted something challenging but not exhausting. Silver spire weekly, with occasional gold pushes, fits that bill. We have FUN in our fellowship, with kp prizes during spire pushes, an anniversary mage to celebrate your Thornwood anniversary, and other great perks. Come try us, see what we're like and take a test drive. No hard feelings if it doesn't work out. We understand how important the right "fit" is. --Darielle, 2nd Mage, Spire Mage

Thornwood is a magical place,
For those who play with vigor and grace,
Your efforts rewarded, your time well spent,
Among family and friends with an ethical bent,
And if you should wander far away,
The light will stay on, day after day,

The children of Thornwood, they come and they go,
No feelings of guilt, when they wish to know,
What's out there. .. Go try it! And then come back,
Our light will beckon to this familiar track,
And when you return, your friends will smile
Glad you're here for however long a while.

Thornwood will capture your mind and your soul,
While granting you freedom to try another goal,
We do not cling; we do not keep,
And yet, we remain in your mind, very deep.
Once you've known our camaraderie within
No matter your travels, your heart, we will win.

Come try us! You'll always return. I did. :)

Darielle

Thanks, Dreamyn, for coming in.

We had another spot open just this morning. It will go fast (they always do), so if you're very active and love tourney/spire but don't want to sweat for astronomical minimums every week, then we have a great fellowship. Take us for a test drive!

Darielle

We still have one spot available; please apply and try us out. Thanks!

Darielle

We have someone coming in Saturday night. Thanks for the interest!

Darielle

Another spot opened up ... It's very unusual for us to have 2 spots open up within a month, but I guess this month is unusual. Come check out our overview, please. I wrote it, so you can bet it's detailed, lol. (Am I saying I talk too much?) :p

Darielle

We are still trying to fill the one spot that opened up, which is rare for us since we usually get snapped up quickly. Come check out our overview. We have most things you'd want to know on that. We're organized with minimum 1000 points tourney (only when you play tourney; feel free to take a week's break when you need to) and voluntary FA participation. We always make silver in spire, always make 10+ chests, and have great communication. I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, but I really wish I could fill that spot before I leave. We have some great mages who would be there for you, if you want to try us out. Thanks!