• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ready to quit bc of inability to build a real city

DeletedUser1590

It took me all of 10 minutes to create the five 3x3 tiles in the .jpg The only one I really care about is the blank one in the center. The others were thrown together (yes, I know they look that way) with things that are already existing graphics. I want to have options for building my city instead of things like the Mysterious Cyclone, which looks like something's burning. Just a plain vanilla 3x3 with the same culture value as the Cyclone. Why is that so dang difficult to add to the culture choices menu??

Go take a look at my city. I'm trying to make it look like an actual city with different stage buildings, different kinds of areas, etc.---except for the top right and bottom right edges. The bottom edge I chose to have four gem manufactories bc, well, it's an industrial sector. The top right edge? Looks like crap because I have to have Cyclone after Cyclone after Cyclone because it's my only non-premium 3x3 tile choice. And, as I said in a different post, it looks like crap.

And, as I've complained before: If this is first and foremost a city building game, give us the freaking graphics to make actual cities! Heck, I already just gave you 5 using existing graphics from existing tiles (albeit I admit I wouldn't use any of them other than the blank square). I don't care about the ranking list. Other people are, and that's OK; but they make the homogeneous "pile all the same buildings together" setups, which, to me, isn't building a city. Totally fine if that's what they want for themselves, but there are a whole lot of us who don't want to build things that way.

I've already spent money, but am not likely to spend any more--and am considering leaving altogether--if you guys can't give us a wider range of choices so that we can build actual cities. They don't have to be animated or fancy. In fact, I'd prefer that they aren't. AT LEAST GIVE US THE BLANK 3X3 and give it the same culture bonus as the Cyclone. What would that take to program in, an hour? You don't even need to create the graphic for it. Just use the one below.

If you don't intend to give us things like this, could you please just say so?

culture tiles.jpg

Maz Mellor

So interesting to hear you talking about this issue. I was just complimenting one of my fellows the other day on having such an appealing-looking city, and I think what appealed to me so much was that he had a grassy common in the middle, like New England towns used to have (or maybe just towns in general). It reminded me of when I started my city in Arendyll, and was determined that Keziah would be like a real city, with a central square and neighborhoods and so on. Now... well, let's just say I've compromised on my initial ideals. I still like to look at my city, very much. But, I also have ranks of what one of my other fellows calls "floating heads" standing sentinel around the perimeter....

DeletedUser2274

I think you have some great ideas here! I, for one, am less interested in the fighting and all that, I'm way more interested in building my city and having a nice looking, organized city. Right now it is difficult for me to put my buildings in order because of having to have so many culture buildings.